Who wants what for 2023

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Re: Who wants what for 2023

bigred wrote: Wed 04 Jan 2023 1:23am Well I want a premiership.

Wouldn't that be fun.
But on the off chance that doesn't come to pass.....might you settle for

several really gutsy wins against the odds? and one final?

SaintJohno
Club Player

I'd really love fewer personal attacks on here this year. It's obviously been heightened with no footy on, but the sniping recently is really getting out of control. I think there's a fairly good chance that if we were all in a bar watching a Saint's game we'd be good mates and wouldn't be belittling each other with terms like fanboy, loon, etc etc. Let's accept that we all will have different views and acknowledge that we all have the same end goal. Peace on Earth etc blah blah blah

Banger9798
SS Life Member

SaintJohno wrote: Wed 04 Jan 2023 9:26pm I'd really love fewer personal attacks on here this year. It's obviously been heightened with no footy on, but the sniping recently is really getting out of control. I think there's a fairly good chance that if we were all in a bar watching a Saint's game we'd be good mates and wouldn't be belittling each other with terms like fanboy, loon, etc etc. Let's accept that we all will have different views and acknowledge that we all have the same end goal. Peace on Earth etc blah blah blah
Well said. We all support one of the least successful sporting clubs on the planet. Why make it any harder by attacking each other?

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Keeps it interesting on here… otherwise it’d be dead boring if we were all apologists.

Personally I like to call out what I believe is wrong

Whether it’s recruiting, trading, game plan, development etc… and also opinions that I don’t necessarily agree with
Ie/Seb Ross is a C Grade mid

Doesn’t make me right all the time - but when I’ve got an opinion- I’ll voice it.

I have been around since 2000

Posters like Barks4ever, Plugger66, Joffaboy, Stoncold, Magic
I absolutely vehemently disagreed with on most fronts but it made SS a very interesting place. Sometimes it got personal, but nothing to worry about.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

luckily everyone agrees with me

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Thu 05 Jan 2023 7:52am luckily everyone agrees with me
And so politely its not even noticeable if anyone doesn't.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

SaintJohno wrote: Wed 04 Jan 2023 9:26pm I'd really love fewer personal attacks on here this year. It's obviously been heightened with no footy on, but the sniping recently is really getting out of control. I think there's a fairly good chance that if we were all in a bar watching a Saint's game we'd be good mates and wouldn't be belittling each other with terms like fanboy, loon, etc etc. Let's accept that we all will have different views and acknowledge that we all have the same end goal. Peace on Earth etc blah blah blah
maybe research how tribalism and social media work, then pontificate about what happens when you join them together.

if you are going to request this place become boring and that we all hold hands and sing kumbaya at least put up some opinions about who your favorite players are and how much you love the club so we can click the like button...oh sorry wrong platform.

for the record Teffers and myself are great mates, have been for years

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Thu 05 Jan 2023 8:49am
The Fireman wrote: Thu 05 Jan 2023 7:52am luckily everyone agrees with me
And so politely its not even noticeable if anyone doesn't.
:lol:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 05 Jan 2023 9:06am
maybe research how tribalism and social media work, then pontificate about what happens when you join them together.

if you are going to request this place become boring and that we all hold hands and sing kumbaya at least put up some opinions about who your favorite players are and how much you love the club so we can click the like button...oh sorry wrong platform.

can I be your mate ?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Even with the blah blah blah… peace on earth is the most commendable thing anyone on this thread has suggested

;)

spert
Saintsational Legend

I just want to see more improvement, and a few of our players to step up and out of their comfort zones- and as a result play finals in 2023

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Thu 05 Jan 2023 9:28am

can I be your mate ?
Firey as if we aren't already mates, disagreement can also happen amongst friends, there's something in that for all of us.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 05 Jan 2023 1:14pm

can I be your mate ?
Firey as if we aren't already mates, disagreement can also happen amongst friends, there's something in that for all of us.
Cool I don’t have many negative friends 😉

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Thu 05 Jan 2023 1:31pm
Vortex wrote: Thu 05 Jan 2023 1:14pm

can I be your mate ?
Cool I don’t have many negative friends 😉
I didn't know you lived on an Island, cool I don't have many friends who live off the grid.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

On field leadership.
I posted on here that I felt we might only win 9 games in 2023. However, since then the fixture has come out and I want to see us win 12 games with a % of over 105. I'm trying to be realistic.

Given we play 23 matches with the new AFL fixture this is doable. A high percentage might even see us play finals.

I think this is manageable given we play the Hawks, North, the Suns and Carlton twice. We also have a double up against Richmond who we perform well against, I think. Win those and that's 10 wins already.

The obvious questions over our list for mine are with the losses of two of our most skillful and important players and our capacity to cover injuries, as well as whether the change in coaching team can allow for much overdue player development.

I really would like to see some of our more experienced players to start displaying some of the maturity and on field leadership we have seen from Sinclair, McKenzie, Membrey, Marshall, and Seb Ross in the past three seasons. Those guys all flourished under Ratts. There are a few who have been treading water for quite some time now which could be attributed to injuries, and I hope that RL can bring out the best in them.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.