Useless AFL Stats

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

therabbitinthehat
Club Player

Useless AFL Stats

Not sure how many of you follow these legends on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/uselessaflstats/), but they're a lot of fun. A few Saints based ones this week including a list of players who have left the saints to go on and win a flag elsewhere, players who picked up 3 brownlow votes in their last game (Hanners), and one about how if the cats win the GF then Selwood has won as many finals as st kilda has since our inception.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Re: Useless AFL Stats

therabbitinthehat wrote: Fri 23 Sep 2022 7:36pm Not sure how many of you follow these legends on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/uselessaflstats/), but they're a lot of fun. A few Saints based ones this week including a list of players who have left the saints to go on and win a flag elsewhere, players who picked up 3 brownlow votes in their last game (Hanners), and one about how if the cats win the GF then Selwood has won as many finals as st kilda has since our inception.
The implications being: Saints record is as good as Selwood? or Selwood is a flop? Or there are two aggregate numbers around with no connection other than they add to the same figure, who would have thought.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I remember reading similar stats about Michael Tuck and Hawthorn.

I think still ahead of a few other teams.

It’s a sad history.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Fri 23 Sep 2022 9:01pm I remember reading similar stats about Michael Tuck and Hawthorn.

I think still ahead of a few other teams.

It’s a sad history.
But a colourful and more than interesting one :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Templar
Club Player

In isolation another useless AFL stat is "intercepts".

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!