James Gallagher under pressure

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

groupie1
Club Player

Re: James Gallagher under pressure

Impatient Sainter wrote: Sun 28 Aug 2022 12:11pm
The Recruit wrote: Sun 28 Aug 2022 10:59am Rumblings that Gallagher might not survive the review.

Surprised me but rumour is the players don’t like him.
Targeting NWM who wants to go home in his first year and Brad Hill recruiting doesn’t help.

Must be useless..???

Anyone else shed some light..?
I doubt very much the "rumblings" are correct? Gaggs is one voice on a list management team and he can hardly be blamed for Hill when the entire club were boots an all on bringing him in. Just remember back to the state of the list when he came to the club. The club have just promoted him and his management of recruiting team in particular has turned things around.

Again the NWM situation is still rumours and the club have another year to settle him into life in Melbourne, if not they hold the cards in a club wanting to trade. Also remember that it was Lethlean that bought him in and they are very tight, so I very much doubt Gaggs is going anywhere!

For what its worth I believe Gaggs has done great job of managing the list and the salary cap.
I agree.
And there is something we forget:
We lost 2 games solely due to bad kicking for goal in 2021 (vs Cats and Swans)
We lost 2 games solely due to bad goal kicking this year (vs Port and vs Brisbane (the latter one may be a bit contentious))
We potentially lost 1 game this year due to bad tackling technique: 9 high tackle free kicks

Normalise those stats and we're in the finals this year and last.
Add a De Goey and fix those technical things and we're top four.

There is still more building to do. But I don't actually think we're as far away as it seems now.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
groupie1
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 28 Aug 2022 1:21pm Also...if he was at the club back when the McCartin/Petracca conversation was happening, I"d bet he'd have pushed for the 'arrogant bull' rather than the bearded guy
By my recollection we could have had Petracca and Bomtompelli vs Billings and McCartin?
Makes me shudder in anger.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote: Mon 29 Aug 2022 12:22am
WellardSaint wrote: Sun 28 Aug 2022 1:21pm Also...if he was at the club back when the McCartin/Petracca conversation was happening, I"d bet he'd have pushed for the 'arrogant bull' rather than the bearded guy
By my recollection we could have had Petracca and Bomtompelli vs Billings and McCartin?

Petracca yes, but Bont no. Billings was rated the better player.

So the first was yes knowingly passing over the better player based on what was known. Billings was just not predicting who would ultimately be better, and that happens every draft with a multitude of players and by all clubs.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
goods
Club Player

groupie1 wrote: Mon 29 Aug 2022 12:22am
Or...

Serong for hill
Petracca for mccartin
Bont for billings
Naughton for Coffield

seano1
Club Player

I would say every list manager or recruitment manager at every club is under pressure at this time of year ……they’d be getting a wish list from the coaches the oh no you don’t from the accountants and then there is us wanting some world beaters and then there is reality

ace
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sun 28 Aug 2022 6:52pm Who said he was a dud?
There can only ever be one Dud.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08