Sunny Ernie super thread -user banned>

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: St Kilda will forever be the Laughingstock of the AFL

Wayne42 wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 10:44pm
Teflon wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 10:31pm
Wayne42 wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 10:29pm
Teflon wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 10:21pm
Wayne42 wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 10:18pm
Teflon wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 9:56pm
Wayne42 wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 1:09am
Teflon wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 1:01am
Wayne42 wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 12:58am
Teflon wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 12:52am
Wayne42 wrote: Sat 09 Jul 2022 11:25pm I think it's the list quality that's the biggest issue, not the coaching group.
Not at all

Anyone who tries to convince us coaching is not the problem is deluded.. Yes, our midfield is not top 4, but we at least should look like we know what we are doing, we can only score if
1. Hope Kings/Higgins play a blinder and suddenly mark everything/ kick straight.
2. We rely on Ryder to win taps at centre clearances.
3. Pressure the opposition into mistakes

Other than that, there’s absolutely no systems/cohesion on how we play..
I think the list is the biggest issue, but fan forums are there for supporters to post their opinions and that's what happens.
We don't have to agree, and we won't. :lol:
Fair play
But list was ok at start of year ??
Now no good
I agree we’ve got some duds - Jones, Butler, Billings, Wood even Ross at times (whose had a good year) we just carry too many
But they look confused
Picking and choosing when to turn up
Players constantly running themselves and team mates into trouble
Zero system
All that is coaching imo
The players could be asked to do things they are just not capable of under the pressure of a game. Maybe at training they look like world beaters but in a game they look like spuds.

What can the coach do then, other than mark their cards, unless they have multi year contracts, which happens and with a lack of depth they keep getting games.

I wonder if a supporter would have the same opinion on a coach if he was able to sit in the coaches box for an entire game, no one really knows what the coach wants versus what he gets.
That just doesn’t hold water
We were 8-3 now the players are being asked things “too hard for them”
It’s just an excuse
We have zero transition game plan - we are one of the bottom 4 in AFL from bringing the ball from defence to f50 and scoring ????
It doesn’t explain bombing CONSTANTLY on a skinny forwards head and a forward set up that has zero lead up patterns ???
It doesn’t explain the pathetic efforts against Bombers (a side who had won 2 games???….players too unskilled that day??)
Again, ofcourse we need an uplift in lost talent it’s obvious
But I’d argue the way McRae has turned Collingwood around since Buckley would indicate it’s not all lists…..they’re playing a consistent recognisable brand
We are up 1 week….down next ….that’s a coaches job
Will we be up or down on Friday Night against the Dogs.

It's not just McCrae. In effect Collingwood has 3 Senior coaches on it's coaching panel, McRae, Leppa and the Green Shoots theorist in Bolton. Darcy Moore said they get tuition from all 3. It's not just
the one voice.
Does Ratten have assistants with that experience or are they just the equivalent of witches hat shufflers.
Do you think those 3 just showed up in the car park the day McRae lobbed or do you think just maybe McRae knew what he wanted cause he has a clear plan????
3 years for Brett to choose his team….at what point do you need to be accountable for those you do/don’t select??
It’s like saying ….it’s not the CEOs fault cause his management team are Shyte….FFS that’s a key part of his job!
Know what you want and who is the best and get them
Now that Ratts has 2 more years he needs some churn at years end.
Both with the list and HIS coaching panel.

If he doesn't get some better assistants then he reaps what he sows.
It takes us 5 years to work that out gets me
3 years on from Richo and we’ll again finish where we were then….mid table in no man’s land and a long way off top 4
It doesn't matter how many changes the club makes, in almost any era, the results are nearly always the same, how did the club perfect incompetence ?
I know it can’t be the reason but geez….it just sometimes feels like mediocrity and failure is just ingrained into the fabric of this club
I keep telling myself it only makes that day we win it even more special
I’ve had a week off after it planned for 25 years !!

“Yeah….nah””
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 10:48pm
Wayne42 wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 10:44pm
Teflon wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 10:31pm
Wayne42 wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 10:29pm
Teflon wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 10:21pm
Wayne42 wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 10:18pm
Teflon wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 9:56pm
Wayne42 wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 1:09am
Teflon wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 1:01am
Wayne42 wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 12:58am
Teflon wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 12:52am
Wayne42 wrote: Sat 09 Jul 2022 11:25pm I think it's the list quality that's the biggest issue, not the coaching group.
Not at all

Anyone who tries to convince us coaching is not the problem is deluded.. Yes, our midfield is not top 4, but we at least should look like we know what we are doing, we can only score if
1. Hope Kings/Higgins play a blinder and suddenly mark everything/ kick straight.
2. We rely on Ryder to win taps at centre clearances.
3. Pressure the opposition into mistakes

Other than that, there’s absolutely no systems/cohesion on how we play..
I think the list is the biggest issue, but fan forums are there for supporters to post their opinions and that's what happens.
We don't have to agree, and we won't. :lol:
Fair play
But list was ok at start of year ??
Now no good
I agree we’ve got some duds - Jones, Butler, Billings, Wood even Ross at times (whose had a good year) we just carry too many
But they look confused
Picking and choosing when to turn up
Players constantly running themselves and team mates into trouble
Zero system
All that is coaching imo
The players could be asked to do things they are just not capable of under the pressure of a game. Maybe at training they look like world beaters but in a game they look like spuds.

What can the coach do then, other than mark their cards, unless they have multi year contracts, which happens and with a lack of depth they keep getting games.

I wonder if a supporter would have the same opinion on a coach if he was able to sit in the coaches box for an entire game, no one really knows what the coach wants versus what he gets.
That just doesn’t hold water
We were 8-3 now the players are being asked things “too hard for them”
It’s just an excuse
We have zero transition game plan - we are one of the bottom 4 in AFL from bringing the ball from defence to f50 and scoring ????
It doesn’t explain bombing CONSTANTLY on a skinny forwards head and a forward set up that has zero lead up patterns ???
It doesn’t explain the pathetic efforts against Bombers (a side who had won 2 games???….players too unskilled that day??)
Again, ofcourse we need an uplift in lost talent it’s obvious
But I’d argue the way McRae has turned Collingwood around since Buckley would indicate it’s not all lists…..they’re playing a consistent recognisable brand
We are up 1 week….down next ….that’s a coaches job
Will we be up or down on Friday Night against the Dogs.

It's not just McCrae. In effect Collingwood has 3 Senior coaches on it's coaching panel, McRae, Leppa and the Green Shoots theorist in Bolton. Darcy Moore said they get tuition from all 3. It's not just
the one voice.
Does Ratten have assistants with that experience or are they just the equivalent of witches hat shufflers.
Do you think those 3 just showed up in the car park the day McRae lobbed or do you think just maybe McRae knew what he wanted cause he has a clear plan????
3 years for Brett to choose his team….at what point do you need to be accountable for those you do/don’t select??
It’s like saying ….it’s not the CEOs fault cause his management team are Shyte….FFS that’s a key part of his job!
Know what you want and who is the best and get them
Now that Ratts has 2 more years he needs some churn at years end.
Both with the list and HIS coaching panel.

If he doesn't get some better assistants then he reaps what he sows.
It takes us 5 years to work that out gets me
3 years on from Richo and we’ll again finish where we were then….mid table in no man’s land and a long way off top 4
It doesn't matter how many changes the club makes, in almost any era, the results are nearly always the same, how did the club perfect incompetence ?
I know it can’t be the reason but geez….it just sometimes feels like mediocrity and failure is just ingrained into the fabric of this club
I keep telling myself it only makes that day we win it even more special
I’ve had a week off after it planned for 25 years !!
Let's see what tomorrow night brings, joy or angst.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

We can always hope Wayne…it’s all we have

“Yeah….nah””
SunnyErnie
Club Player

At least we have a crest

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
asiu
Saintsational Legend

so do pigeons

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Fri 15 Jul 2022 1:50pmso do pigeons
:lol: :lol:

SunnyErnie
Club Player

My Blueprint for success

I know not a lot of people are going to like this. It is radical and nobody has ever tried this before. I'm only putting it up for discussion to see what people think.

For the next 4 offseasons we only delist and trade out players that 27 or over (contract permitting). By the end of the 4 year period King will be 25 and in his prime. Whatever draft picks we pick up from this process plus our normal draft picks we use them at the draft only. No trading in players.

So by the end of 2026 our list should contain no player that is 27 or older. Then we can start trading for players and attempt to pick up FA's.

This would ensure that a full rebuild has been done and give us a great opportunity to challenge from 2027 onwards.

Thoughts?

NeXus
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: My Blueprint for success

SunnyErnie wrote: Fri 15 Jul 2022 7:58pm I know not a lot of people are going to like this. It is radical and nobody has ever tried this before. I'm only putting it up for discussion to see what people think.

For the next 4 offseasons we only delist and trade out players that 27 or over (contract permitting). By the end of the 4 year period King will be 25 and in his prime. Whatever draft picks we pick up from this process plus our normal draft picks we use them at the draft only. No trading in players.

So by the end of 2026 our list should contain no player that is 27 or older. Then we can start trading for players and attempt to pick up FA's.

This would ensure that a full rebuild has been done and give us a great opportunity to challenge from 2027 onwards.

Thoughts?
What if we managed to draft another 3 Allison types over that period trying to stock up on Key Position players, that might get us a few more spoons rather than flags.

Relying only on the draft is a lottery, much like trading from other clubs, much like picking up SSP's to fill holes in the list. I think clubs need to recruit via all means not just the draft.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Change the title to "My Blueprint for Failure"

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
SunnyErnie
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote: Fri 15 Jul 2022 8:04pm
SunnyErnie wrote: Fri 15 Jul 2022 7:58pm I know not a lot of people are going to like this. It is radical and nobody has ever tried this before. I'm only putting it up for discussion to see what people think.

Thoughts?
What if we managed to draft another 3 Allison types over that period trying to stock up on Key Position players, that might get us a few more spoons rather than flags.

Relying only on the draft is a lottery, much like trading from other clubs, much like picking up SSP's to fill holes in the list. I think clubs need to recruit via all means not just the draft.
My assumption on this is we have an “A” recruiting team.

NeXus
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Was hoping no one would respond to his rubbish threads and they would just disappear down the bottom. And yes I know I’m not helping by posting this but hey guys resist the urge to give him oxygen
Last edited by The Fireman on Fri 15 Jul 2022 8:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

SunnyErnie wrote: Fri 15 Jul 2022 8:08pm
Wayne42 wrote: Fri 15 Jul 2022 8:04pm

Thoughts?

My assumption on this is we have an “A” recruiting team.
Not the 3 blokes from Norf ?

SunnyErnie
Club Player

SunnyErnie wrote: Sat 09 Jul 2022 10:26pm All of us supporters knew that we had to wait until the end of the year to make an informed decision on our next coach. Except of course the brains trust at St Kilda. I will say it again.........

Andrew Basset and the whole board need to be removed immediately. They have destroyed our club due to their lack of professionalism. They are rank amateurs.

Please GT, on Monday I want you to come in and blow them all up!!!
Bump!!!

NeXus
happy feet
Club Player

SunnyErnie wrote: Fri 15 Jul 2022 9:27pm
SunnyErnie wrote: Sat 09 Jul 2022 10:26pm All of us supporters knew that we had to wait until the end of the year to make an informed decision on our next coach. Except of course the brains trust at St Kilda. I will say it again.........

Andrew Basset and the whole board need to be removed immediately. They have destroyed our club due to their lack of professionalism. They are rank amateurs.

Bump!!!
Ernie you are dumber than dumb.Did you not read my post as to what this cannot and should not happen.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
SunnyErnie
Club Player

happy feet wrote: Fri 15 Jul 2022 9:32pm

Bump!!!
Ernie you are dumber than dumb.Did you not read my post as to what this cannot and should not happen.
So do you want this crap to continue?

NeXus
SunnyErnie
Club Player

Bassat, Lethlean and Gags are the worst thing that has ever happened to us. We have 60,000 members this year. Next year will lose half of them.

NeXus
happy feet
Club Player

SunnyErnie wrote: Fri 15 Jul 2022 9:38pm
happy feet wrote: Fri 15 Jul 2022 9:32pm

Bump!!!
So do you want this crap to continue?
No, it’s not the board that is the issue, it’s the players. Did you team my post about this you numb nuts? Stop posting the same crap. GT would be a massive step backwards.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
happy feet
Club Player

SunnyErnie wrote: Fri 15 Jul 2022 9:41pm Bassat, Lethlean and Gags are the worst thing that has ever happened to us. We have 60,000 members this year. Next year will lose half of them.
Moderators do something, Sunny Ernie is wrecking this site.

SunnyErnie
Club Player

happy feet wrote: Fri 15 Jul 2022 9:57pm
SunnyErnie wrote: Fri 15 Jul 2022 9:41pm Bassat, Lethlean and Gags are the worst thing that has ever happened to us. We have 60,000 members this year. Next year will lose half of them.
Why am I ruining this site? Just because you don't agree with my post you sook to the moderators. Place me on your Ignore list and don't read my posts.

NeXus
happy feet
Club Player

SunnyErnie wrote: Fri 15 Jul 2022 10:04pm
Why am I ruining this site? Just because you don't agree with my post you sook to the moderators. Place me on your Ignore list and don't read my posts.
I’m not the only one who thinks this, so crawl back under whatever rock you used to hide under. I will not stop calling you out for what you are until you skulk away from this site in disgrace,

SunnyErnie
Club Player

There are other posters that are saying the same thing as I am

NeXus
happy feet
Club Player

SunnyErnie wrote: Fri 15 Jul 2022 10:13pm
Just because you want something Ernie doesn’t men it will happen. If you want the club to collapse completely then go ahead and spill the board

happy feet
Club Player

There has been many posts on here, by a certain forum member, of the need to remove the Board, Senior Management, Head Coach and Coaching Staff at the St Kilda Football Club and to have Grant Thomas take over control of the Club.

I was a GT fan and was astounded at his sacking which may have cost us a Premiership. It certainly set the Club back.

But there are many reasons why treating GT like a messiah and calling for him to take over the club are ill-founded and lack any sense of understanding of how complex organisations need to work.

The Board cannot be removed by GT turning up on Monday. There are procedures in the Club’s Constitution that determine how the Board is established and how Board Members are appointed. The primary function of the Board is the Governance of the organisation. This means the rules that are established that determine how the Club is run. The Club must be run legally, ethically and morally in a professional manner. It must be a financial going concern. It has the responsibility to provide a safe working environment for its employees and many other duties.

It just cannot be removed at the whim of anyone.

The Board of the Club is doing a good job.

Good Boards of management that do their job provide stability and this is of paramount importance to our sponsors and creditors. Can you imagine whet their response would be to a GT coup?

Firstly, we would risk losing our current sponsors and it would certainly make it very hard to attract new ones.

Creditors might call in loans. I think the AFL is our biggest creditor and given GT’s chequered history with the AFL Management, there response might be somewhat nervous.

We are all unhappy with our on-field performances but to call for the wholesale sacking of the board, coaching staff and senior management would set our club back years.

To hope to go back to an era that is now over 16 years ago is just silly. People need to move on.

I believe what SunnyErnie constantly calls for would bring about the collapse of our Club.

At the end of the day, money talks and bullsh*t walks, so Ernie it’s time that you put your shoes on and went walking.

What you want is not going to happen.

SunnyErnie
Club Player

happy feet wrote: Fri 15 Jul 2022 10:25pm
There has been many posts on here, by a certain forum member, of the need to remove the Board, Senior Management, Head Coach and Coaching Staff at the St Kilda Football Club and to have Grant Thomas take over control of the Club.

I was a GT fan and was astounded at his sacking which may have cost us a Premiership. It certainly set the Club back.

But there are many reasons why treating GT like a messiah and calling for him to take over the club are ill-founded and lack any sense of understanding of how complex organisations need to work.

The Board cannot be removed by GT turning up on Monday. There are procedures in the Club’s Constitution that determine how the Board is established and how Board Members are appointed. The primary function of the Board is the Governance of the organisation. This means the rules that are established that determine how the Club is run. The Club must be run legally, ethically and morally in a professional manner. It must be a financial going concern. It has the responsibility to provide a safe working environment for its employees and many other duties.

It just cannot be removed at the whim of anyone.

The Board of the Club is doing a good job.

Good Boards of management that do their job provide stability and this is of paramount importance to our sponsors and creditors. Can you imagine whet their response would be to a GT coup?

Firstly, we would risk losing our current sponsors and it would certainly make it very hard to attract new ones.

Creditors might call in loans. I think the AFL is our biggest creditor and given GT’s chequered history with the AFL Management, there response might be somewhat nervous.

We are all unhappy with our on-field performances but to call for the wholesale sacking of the board, coaching staff and senior management would set our club back years.

To hope to go back to an era that is now over 16 years ago is just silly. People need to move on.

I believe what SunnyErnie constantly calls for would bring about the collapse of our Club.

At the end of the day, money talks and bullsh*t walks, so Ernie it’s time that you put your shoes on and went walking.

What you want is not going to happen.
It doesn't necessarily need to be GT but I hope someone calls a spill of the board. Bassat has done nothing for us. At the end of the day I don't really think the coach is the problem. It is the recruiting path/philosophy that has brought us to our knees. Our obsession with recruiting players from other teams and overpaying in salary cap and draft picks has ruined us. As a result of this strategy we don't have enough good youngsters coming through and already the older players are that we have brought in are retiring or close to it.

Carlisle retired, Ryder is almost 35 and should not be offered another contract. All he is doing is denying Heath exposure. Nothing against Ryder but he is too old. Hill that we paid a fortune in cap $$$ and draft picks is already 29. It' our recruiting philosophy that has stuffed us.

Maybe have a look at Post titled "My Blueprint for success". It might seem far fetched but at least it will give us a chance of challenging in about 5 years time.

NeXus
SunnyErnie
Club Player

One more thing, our rebuild has failed. We need to start again and do it properly this time. No more short cuts

NeXus