Sunny Ernie super thread -user banned>

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SunnyErnie
Club Player

Re: St Kilda will forever be the Laughingstock of the AFL

Brunswicksainter wrote: Sat 09 Jul 2022 11:40pm
SunnyErnie wrote: Sat 09 Jul 2022 11:19pm
Rubyjo wrote: Sat 09 Jul 2022 11:06pm Ernie is right ...we are cooked ..
We are worse than cooked. We have repeated the same mistake we made with Richo.

The board needs to be held accountable for this and resign.

Satan does a s*** job but gets promoted from COO to CEO.

Ratts does a s*** job but gets a 2 year extension.

Is it jobs for the boys or is it just St Kilda doing a St Kilda?

I actually think it's both.

The only chance we have of ever winning a premiership in our lifetime is to start a rebuild from scratch. Any player over 27 that has value trade them out. Any player over 27 that does not have value delist.

Use all picks at the draft. No trading for players and no FA's. We need to be aiming at challenging for a flag when King is 27. In other words, build a flag winning team around King.
There is a negative correlation between high draft picks and delayed success. There is not one example in the history of the AFL of a side clearing house for drafts picks and the rebuild working. The great sides (hawthorn, Richmond, Geelong ect..) had a small amount of high draft picks (1-5) then built through recruiting other club players or got lucky with father sons. If we clear house where done as a football club and potentially get put in the relocation conversation with north.
So you prefer to keep finishing in no man's land? Well good for you!!!

I would rather clear the decks and finish in the bottom 4 for the next 4 years and drink deep at the draft while you can keep finishing between 6th and 10th for the next 4 years and get crappy picks

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
Brunswicksainter
Club Player

SunnyErnie wrote: Sat 09 Jul 2022 11:44pm

The only chance we have of ever winning a premiership in our lifetime is to start a rebuild from scratch. Any player over 27 that has value trade them out. Any player over 27 that does not have value delist.

Use all picks at the draft. No trading for players and no FA's. We need to be aiming at challenging for a flag when King is 27. In other words, build a flag winning team around King.
There is a negative correlation between high draft picks and delayed success. There is not one example in the history of the AFL of a side clearing house for drafts picks and the rebuild working. The great sides (hawthorn, Richmond, Geelong ect..) had a small amount of high draft picks (1-5) then built through recruiting other club players or got lucky with father sons. If we clear house where done as a football club and potentially get put in the relocation conversation with north.

I would rather clear the decks and finish in the bottom 4 for the next 4 years and drink deep at the draft while you can keep finishing between 6th and 10th for the next 4 years and get crappy picks
Again cleaning decks is a failed strategy and is yet to work in the history of the AFL. Would you like me to reiterate myself again for you to understand this. It has 0% success rate for premiership success in the HISTORY OF THE AFL and yet there are countless examples of teams that have done it.

SunnyErnie
Club Player

Brunswicksainter wrote: Sat 09 Jul 2022 11:55pm

Again cleaning decks is a failed strategy and is yet to work in the history of the AFL. Would you like me to reiterate myself again for you to understand this. It has 0% success rate for premiership success in the HISTORY OF THE AFL and yet there are countless examples of teams that have done it.
Rubbish.

You just need to look back at what Collingwood did around 2004 (I'm not sure of the exact year. They cleared out players and put players into cotton wool and off to surgery once their season was shot. As a result of this strategy they were able to draft Pendlebury and Dale Thomas. Two huge keys to their premiership against us in 2010.

When you said it has never worked in the history of the AFl you really just pulled that out of your arse (no offence).

NeXus
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

SunnyErnie wrote: Sat 09 Jul 2022 11:33pm Have a look what others think.

Here you go.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... d.1269124/
Could be more beer goggle over reactions after another display of incompetence by the aints.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Sat 09 Jul 2022 11:25pm I think it's the list quality that's the biggest issue, not the coaching group.
Not at all

Anyone who tries to convince us coaching is not the problem is deluded.. Yes, our midfield is not top 4, but we at least should look like we know what we are doing, we can only score if
1. Hope Kings/Higgins play a blinder and suddenly mark everything/ kick straight.
2. We rely on Ryder to win taps at centre clearances.
3. Pressure the opposition into mistakes

Other than that, there’s absolutely no systems/cohesion on how we play..

“Yeah….nah””
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 12:52am
Wayne42 wrote: Sat 09 Jul 2022 11:25pm I think it's the list quality that's the biggest issue, not the coaching group.
Not at all

Anyone who tries to convince us coaching is not the problem is deluded.. Yes, our midfield is not top 4, but we at least should look like we know what we are doing, we can only score if
1. Hope Kings/Higgins play a blinder and suddenly mark everything/ kick straight.

I think the list is the biggest issue, but fan forums are there for supporters to post their opinions and that's what happens.
We don't have to agree, and we won't. :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 12:58am
Not at all

I think the list is the biggest issue, but fan forums are there for supporters to post their opinions and that's what happens.
Fair play
But list was ok at start of year ??
Now no good
I agree we’ve got some duds - Jones, Butler, Billings, Wood even Ross at times (whose had a good year) we just carry too many
But they look confused
Picking and choosing when to turn up
Players constantly running themselves and team mates into trouble
Zero system
All that is coaching imo

“Yeah….nah””
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

You can talk all you want about sacking the coach. It's more of a list managers problem.
We have no chf. ( Membrey too small)
We have no chb.

Fix that and we improve. We improve our game plan and structure. They don't have to be superstars either. GC picked up Casboult and Chol. Both serviceable and can take a mark and were cheap.
Use the draft on best available PURE mids. Not HBF/HFF that can go mid.
Last edited by ROLS-LEE on Sun 10 Jul 2022 1:09am, edited 1 time in total.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 1:01am
Not at all

Fair play
Now no good
I agree we’ve got some duds - Jones, Butler, Billings, Wood even Ross at times (whose had a good year) we just carry too many
But they look confused
Zero system
All that is coaching imo
The players could be asked to do things they are just not capable of under the pressure of a game. Maybe at training they look like world beaters but in a game they look like spuds.

What can the coach do then, other than mark their cards, unless they have multi year contracts, which happens and with a lack of depth they keep getting games.

I wonder if a supporter would have the same opinion on a coach if he was able to sit in the coaches box for an entire game, no one really knows what the coach wants versus what he gets.

Freebird
Club Player

Come on guys ernie is on here for a Hard-on and every time you react to him he blows his top.

He is not a saint supporter has only negative comments - Please all ignore him as you're promoting his pleasure.

What a jerk getting off on a footy forum. Can't have much of a life...

B.M
Saintsational Legend

What was positive about last game?

happy feet
Club Player

SunnyErnie wrote: Sat 09 Jul 2022 10:26pm All of us supporters knew that we had to wait until the end of the year to make an informed decision on our next coach. Except of course the brains trust at St Kilda. I will say it again.........

Andrew Basset and the whole board need to be removed immediately. They have destroyed our club due to their lack of professionalism. They are rank amateurs.

Please GT, on Monday I want you to come in and blow them all up!!!
ScummyUrnie you’re nothing but a one trick pony. Sack the Board, sack the Coach and bring back GT. Everyone is sick of hearing it. It’s not going to happen. Stay on Bomber Blitz with the bring back Hirdy mob.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
SunnyErnie
Club Player

happy feet wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 10:22am
SunnyErnie wrote: Sat 09 Jul 2022 10:26pm All of us supporters knew that we had to wait until the end of the year to make an informed decision on our next coach. Except of course the brains trust at St Kilda. I will say it again.........

Andrew Basset and the whole board need to be removed immediately. They have destroyed our club due to their lack of professionalism. They are rank amateurs.

ScummyUrnie you’re nothing but a one trick pony. Sack the Board, sack the Coach and bring back GT. Everyone is sick of hearing it. It’s not going to happen. Stay on Bomber Blitz with the bring back Hirdy mob.
If you could read you would realise that some people agree with me. Open your eyes

NeXus
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Please make me a mod for five minutes

Saintmike65
Club Player

ROLS-LEE wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 1:09am You can talk all you want about sacking the coach. It's more of a list managers problem.
We have no chf. ( Membrey too small)
We have no chb.

Fix that and we improve. We improve our game plan and structure. They don't have to be superstars either. GC picked up Casboult and Chol. Both serviceable and can take a mark and were cheap.
Use the draft on best available PURE mids. Not HBF/HFF that can go mid.
Reckon we’ve got a CHF in Hayes but the CHB, there’s a gaping hole there!
Thoroughly agree on drafting pure mids, not doing that in the past 10 or more years has come back to bite us.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

You are proof that you don’t have to have a long neck to be a goose.

ooooh , goes gaz

i like that :)

(might have to pinch that line as well)

nice work

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
happy feet
Club Player

SunnyErnie wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 11:06am
happy feet wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 10:22am

If you could read you would realise that some people agree with me. Open your eyes
Then why do you need to keep reposting it? You have said it so may times. We are all sick of it.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Brunswicksainter
Club Player

SunnyErnie wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 12:01am

Rubbish.

You just need to look back at what Collingwood did around 2004 (I'm not sure of the exact year. They cleared out players and put players into cotton wool and off to surgery once their season was shot. As a result of this strategy they were able to draft Pendlebury and Dale Thomas. Two huge keys to their premiership against us in 2010.

When you said it has never worked in the history of the AFl you really just pulled that out of your arse (no offence).
I actually didn’t, Collingwood did not clear house in 2004 and to suggest that they did is an incorrect read of history. I’ve actually worked on list management and list composition at an AFL level and am happy to confirm this confidentially with admins.

Brunswicksainter
Club Player

SunnyErnie wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 12:01am

Rubbish.

Also to note chris Tarrant and a young Shane woewodin are the only best 22 players Collingwood traded Off in the years spanning 2001-2007. So you have made an absolutely absurd historic reference. Dale Thomas was a priority pick and Scott Pendlebury was a normal draft pick. Both had nothing to do with offloading players and more to do with the massive drop off in performance the pies had post 2001-2003 years.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 1:09am
Not at all

Fair play
Now no good
But they look confused
Zero system
All that is coaching imo
The players could be asked to do things they are just not capable of under the pressure of a game. Maybe at training they look like world beaters but in a game they look like spuds.

What can the coach do then, other than mark their cards, unless they have multi year contracts, which happens and with a lack of depth they keep getting games.

I wonder if a supporter would have the same opinion on a coach if he was able to sit in the coaches box for an entire game, no one really knows what the coach wants versus what he gets.
That just doesn’t hold water
We were 8-3 now the players are being asked things “too hard for them”
It’s just an excuse
We have zero transition game plan - we are one of the bottom 4 in AFL from bringing the ball from defence to f50 and scoring ????
It doesn’t explain bombing CONSTANTLY on a skinny forwards head and a forward set up that has zero lead up patterns ???
It doesn’t explain the pathetic efforts against Bombers (a side who had won 2 games???….players too unskilled that day??)
Again, ofcourse we need an uplift in lost talent it’s obvious
But I’d argue the way McRae has turned Collingwood around since Buckley would indicate it’s not all lists…..they’re playing a consistent recognisable brand
We are up 1 week….down next ….that’s a coaches job

“Yeah….nah””
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 9:56pm
Not at all

Fair play
Now no good
But they look confused
Zero system
All that is coaching imo

It’s just an excuse
We have zero transition game plan - we are one of the bottom 4 in AFL from bringing the ball from defence to f50 and scoring ????
It doesn’t explain bombing CONSTANTLY on a skinny forwards head and a forward set up that has zero lead up patterns ???
It doesn’t explain the pathetic efforts against Bombers (a side who had won 2 games???….players too unskilled that day??)
But I’d argue the way McRae has turned Collingwood around since Buckley would indicate it’s not all lists…..they’re playing a consistent recognisable brand
Will we be up or down on Friday Night against the Dogs.

It's not just McCrae. In effect Collingwood has 3 Senior coaches on it's coaching panel, McRae, Leppa and the Green Shoots theorist in Bolton. Darcy Moore said they get tuition from all 3. It's not just
the one voice.
Does Ratten have assistants with that experience or are they just the equivalent of witches hat shufflers.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 10:18pm
Not at all

Fair play
Now no good
But they look confused
Zero system
All that is coaching imo

It’s just an excuse

It's not just McCrae. In effect Collingwood has 3 Senior coaches on it's coaching panel, McRae, Leppa and the Green Shoots theorist in Bolton. Darcy Moore said they get tuition from all 3. It's not just
the one voice.
Does Ratten have assistants with that experience or are they just the equivalent of witches hat shufflers.
Do you think those 3 just showed up in the car park the day McRae lobbed or do you think just maybe McRae knew what he wanted cause he has a clear plan????
3 years for Brett to choose his team….at what point do you need to be accountable for those you do/don’t select??
It’s like saying ….it’s not the CEOs fault cause his management team are Shyte….FFS that’s a key part of his job!
Know what you want and who is the best and get them

“Yeah….nah””
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 10:21pm
Not at all

Fair play
Now no good
But they look confused
Zero system
All that is coaching imo

It’s just an excuse

the one voice.
Do you think those 3 just showed up in the car park the day McRae lobbed or do you think just maybe McRae knew what he wanted cause he has a clear plan????
3 years for Brett to choose his team….at what point do you need to be accountable for those you do/don’t select??
It’s like saying ….it’s not the CEOs fault cause his management team are Shyte….FFS that’s a key part of his job!
Now that Ratts has 2 more years he needs some churn at years end.
Both with the list and HIS coaching panel.

If he doesn't get some better assistants then he reaps what he sows.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 10:29pm
Not at all

Fair play
Now no good
But they look confused
Zero system
All that is coaching imo

It’s just an excuse

the one voice.

It takes us 5 years to work that out gets me
3 years on from Richo and we’ll again finish where we were then….mid table in no man’s land and a long way off top 4

“Yeah….nah””
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 10:31pm
Wayne42 wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 10:29pm
Not at all

Fair play
Now no good
But they look confused
Zero system
All that is coaching imo

It’s just an excuse

the one voice.

It takes us 5 years to work that out gets me
3 years on from Richo and we’ll again finish where we were then….mid table in no man’s land and a long way off top 4
It doesn't matter how many changes the club makes, in almost any era, the results are nearly always the same, how did the club perfect incompetence ?