Damn Hannebery

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Damn Hannebery

Where is Damn Hannebery’s progress currently at?

Will he ever play another game for St.Kilda? Knowing our luck, he’ll go back to Sydney next year for a packet of chip and play full season.

It’s just insane that this guy is taking up a spot on our list. Imagine getting paid $4million for playing just 15 games. We have been absolutely fleeced!! 🤮

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Damn Hannebery

Sainternist wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 11:10pm Where is Damn Hannebery’s progress currently at?

Will he ever play another game for St.Kilda? Knowing our luck, he’ll go back to Sydney next year for a packet of chip and play full season.

It’s just insane that this guy is taking up a spot on our list. Imagine getting paid $4million for playing just 15 games. We have been absolutely fleeced!! 🤮
I said it from day 1 & got absolutely bagged for it by lots of Saintsationalists I won't name names but I don't have egg running down my face 3 year on so who was on the money :wink:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 11:17pm
Sainternist wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 11:10pm Where is Damn Hannebery’s progress currently at?

I said it from day 1 & got absolutely bagged for it by lots of Saintsationalists I won't name names but I don't have egg running down my face 3 year on so who was on the money :wink:
So did I !!

repta
Club Player

Said it at the time.
You can't cure old.

Hanners injuries are old old man injuries. He was cooked when he arrived.

Please someone shoot the next person who suggests that our doctors can fix the next 'medical experiment' when they say 'we can get him right'
We have a very long list of failures.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Surely the worst value-for-money recruit in club history. Probably AFL history.

A huge gamble, a complete bust, and the guy who rolled the dice just got a promotion.

That's our club, people/

saintkid
Club Player

Saw this and could not help reposting from my match review thread comment.

For years we have been crying for a gun, tough midfielder to help Steele. There were a number of options but Lethlean decided to throw the cheque book and an incomprehensible 5 year contract on a cooked player in the later part of his career.
I reiterate that well-run, successful clubs DON'T do that. Herein lies the failure of this club to get ahead with long-term damaging decisions such as the Hannebery signing.
Additionally, it's like a cancer across the list when young players need to be guided and inspired on-field by such players, yet see him week in week out, for several years now, doing rehab!
The fact that Lethlean with a questionable past history has been allowed to control our club to the level he has already, has NOT been held accountable for an utterly atrocious decision and will become our next CEO, beggars belief and typifies the basket-case nature of the St Kilda football club.

axcellence
Club Player

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Tue 28 Jun 2022 12:58am Surely the worst value-for-money recruit in club history. Probably AFL history.
I raise you a Lovett and a Freeman

Laurie
Club Player

Agree Lethlean should not be at the club after his involvement in the Hannebery deal to think he will be our next CEO makes me womder what lies ahead for our club
Do i hear Tassie whispers ?
BOOM BOOM

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

What is so hard about drafting topline young midfielders?
We've had top 10 draft picks year after year ... and totally ignored the best midfielders.

We make the easy hard ... then are forced to take unnecessary risks to make up.But you never make up for inexcusable oversights.

It's not only Lethlean - but the fish does smell from the head ... it typifies our club.

Any one of us could run the club better and recruit/draft better.

SunnyErnie
Club Player

The main thing is that he is still getting paid

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Many at the time called it crazy (here and in the media), why give such a long and rich contract to a player literally no other club was chasing?? No one has been held accountable.

Every draft I call to grab the best midfielder available (modern AFL is a midfielders game) but we continue to pick flankers and ‘prospects’

Fans are wishing we go out and trade for B King at the expense of a number of FRDPs, which should be used on elite mids!

Crazy.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Well, I’ll be damned! Damn Hannebery training today 😮
https://www.saints.com.au/news/1159620? ... &fs=e&s=cl

spert
Saintsational Legend

Shouldn't be on the list now. Too old, too beat up, and legs full of chronic injuries.

Club Player

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Tue 28 Jun 2022 12:58am Surely the worst value-for-money recruit in club history. Probably AFL history.'

I vote Bill Barrot the worst decision ever made by our club

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike
Saints58
Club Player

I was at training on Friday and he was training and kicking the footy ok not sure at what stage he is at but he was with Owens, hill, Adams they all looked to move well except Adams still a bit injured back soreness.

SunnyErnie
Club Player

At least he is still getting paid!

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus