Brad Hill

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: Brad Hill

I’m not anti Brad Hill

I think he’s a good player, who has has a good year.

Last night he was disgraceful, not because he had a quiet game, because he gave less than 100% effort in a number of contests.

He absolutely dogged a few contests!

Billings is outside as well, but when it’s his turn, he goes! See his mark running with the flight!

It’s OK to have a quiet game if you are Windhager - but if you’re on 900K you can’t not give effort!!!
It’s a non negotiable

happy feet
Club Player

B.M wrote: Sun 12 Jun 2022 12:21pm I’m not anti Brad Hill

Last night he was disgraceful, not because he had a quiet game, because he gave less than 100% effort in a number of contests.

Billings is outside as well, but when it’s his turn, he goes! See his mark running with the flight!

It’s OK to have a quiet game if you are Windhager - but if you’re on 900K you can’t not give effort!!!
It’s a non negotiable
Maybe there was a reason he had a bad night, something we don’t know about. But we lose a game and this forum goes into meltdown . The o.p. Is out of order.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

The guy has a 'heart the size of pea' and Ratten needs to make a statement and drop him! You cant have Hill shytting the bed everytime he looks like getting physical pressure and kids like Owens knocking themselves out with courageous acts. It just stinks of double standards and you will never get a full buy in while that occurs.

Show some balls Saints and drop the tinker bell, you need to make a statement.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

reports in the media Hill and a couple of others were effected by the flu.

incredibly proud of how the team went about it last night, we pushed a team that most likely will be this years premiers on their deck with a team of no names that was down to zero rotations towards the end of the game when we were still in it.

SS is losing it's way, some of the comments are just bat shyte crazy and not deeply rooted in sound reasoning, logic or common sense.

SunnyErnie
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Sun 12 Jun 2022 1:05pm reports in the media Hill and a couple of others were effected by the flu.

incredibly proud of how the team went about it last night, we pushed a team that most likely will be this years premiers on their deck with a team of no names that was down to zero rotations towards the end of the game when we were still in it.

SS is losing it's way, some of the comments are just bat shyte crazy and not deeply rooted in sound reasoning, logic or common sense.
You can't see the forest for the trees!!!

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sun 12 Jun 2022 1:05pm SS is losing it's way, some of the comments are just bat shyte crazy and not deeply rooted in sound reasoning, logic or common sense.
I've often thought that when reading the covid discussions on here.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Ajantis
Club Player

happy feet wrote: Sun 12 Jun 2022 12:25pm

It’s a non negotiable
Maybe there was a reason he had a bad night, something we don’t know about. But we lose a game and this forum goes into meltdown . The o.p. Is out of order.
100% Agree, this single finger pointing needs to stop. The Mod's need to manage this site better.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

The Mod's need to manage this site better.
u need to stop carrying on like a big woman's blouse

rip into Mart if u have an issue
... he'll handle it

and whilst u do it support the Nods with/ by your own quality contribution/s

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Sun 12 Jun 2022 3:07pm
The Mod's need to manage this site better.
u need to stop carrying on like a big woman's blouse
Fuchsia blouse ?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

frangers on head brigade

they sh1t me

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Laurie
Club Player

I suspect a Taking Shape Blouse.
BOOM BOOM

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Even if he did have the flu it doesnt excuse players for not physically comitting to contests and Hill does it far too often (every week). They need to draw a line in the sand with him and let him know thats not acceptable.

SaintDippa
Club Player

Sinclair was just as soft. That bump rather than tackling Bailey in the third cost a goal. Watching the replay plenty of opportunities to impose a physical presence was shirked. Can't just go Hill.

Crossy66
Club Player

SunnyErnie wrote: Sun 12 Jun 2022 1:36pm
Vortex wrote: Sun 12 Jun 2022 1:05pm reports in the media Hill and a couple of others were effected by the flu.

You can't see the forest for the trees!!!
Speaking of forests and trees, I took my Ferrari out into the bush and it was useless- got bogged on a fire trail. Really pissed me off until someone pointed out that it's not a 4wd truck.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

SaintDippa wrote: Sun 12 Jun 2022 4:15pm Sinclair was just as soft. That bump rather than tackling Bailey in the third cost a goal. Watching the replay plenty of opportunities to impose a physical presence was shirked. Can't just go Hill.
Yep that was a very disappointing moment, along with a few others he had on the night. Did some good things too though.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

It’s a non negotiable
Precisely. Having a bad game is acceptable, not having a crack is not.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Instead of having a sook about an OP that is unsettling and not what we want to hear

Give an assessment about the effort of Brad Hill - not his game, but his efforts

Mason Wood had a s*** game, but he’s an average player, and at least he was trying and making errors… that’s more about ability than effort and commitment to the contest!

Hill does NOT escape scrutiny… he is our HIGHEST paid player (in front of Steele can you believe) and in terms of trade a very costly player!

I will stand by the fact that from what I observed- he didn’t give 100% effort - in a number of contests!

And that is A NON NEGOTIABLE

Please don’t compare his game to Sinclair’s - Sincs had 30 a busted his arse. Hill hardly touched it and s*** himself a few times!

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

B.M wrote: Sun 12 Jun 2022 7:22pm Instead of having a sook about an OP that is unsettling and not what we want to hear

Give an assessment about the effort of Brad Hill - not his game, but his efforts

Mason Wood had a s*** game, but he’s an average player, and at least he was trying and making errors… that’s more about ability than effort and commitment to the contest!

Hill does NOT escape scrutiny… he is our HIGHEST paid player (in front of Steele can you believe) and in terms of trade a very costly player!

I will stand by the fact that from what I observed- he didn’t give 100% effort - in a number of contests!

And that is A NON NEGOTIABLE

Please don’t compare his game to Sinclair’s - Sincs had 30 a busted his arse. Hill hardly touched it and s*** himself a few times!
Agree, you can have a shocker or be tagged out of a match.

But it does not stop you chasing, harassing, tackling etc.

Having a mare doesn't stop you contributing to the team in other ways than getting fed the ball on the outside by your team mates.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

It’s a non negotiable
Windy vs Hill:
Windy is very young. Needs to prove he deserves his spot. Talent is great, but young ones like him have to commit as much as possible. Be brave etc.
Hill- has some flag medals etc. He believes he's paid his dues therefore can choose his moments and save himself, his job is run and carry so the others do the heavy lifting.

It's like blue collar work. The old heads make the apprentices do most of the tool cleaning, pack the truck, at end of day, etc. They make the young ones do a lot of stuff, while they supervise. Watching and having a smoke.

Footy should be a team thing.
Drop Hill.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I would have like to have kept Acres too but he’s still quite inconsistent and he’s average performances (15 touches not overly effective) is something that if Hill produced, he’s get caned for here.

And to say he’s on par with Hill is frankly wrong.

Hill’s best and better games this year have far surpassed Acres’ best and it’s not close.
Last edited by skeptic on Mon 13 Jun 2022 6:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Ageee with most on here. Hill is a class player but his effort last night was not good enough. Other guys put their bodies on the line and wore the hits but not hill and it’s not good enough. Yes he was tagged but that doesn’t mean you stop trying you actually try harder. Run the tagger ragged

I would drop him this week as it’s against the bombers so we should win regardless and it should give him a message about effort

outside66
Club Player

As mentioned before, Hill and a few others were crook where if Sandy were playing the following day, Hill and co wouldn’t have played. Good effort to get on the ground but unfortunately he and others didn’t have a good game. I would pay good money to watch some posters call Hill pathetic to his face but we know that would never happen because they are cowards. Hill will bounce back and he’ll carve Essendon up but you won’t hear any plaudits from said posters, rather they will sit beside their cauldrons praying for the bloke to have another ordinary game just so they can get back on that well-worn soapbox. I enjoy Bradley Hill and more often than not I am very satisfied with what he brings to our club both on and off the field.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I’ve enjoyed watching Hill show us more of his potential this year, but he was absolute putrid on Saturday night. Did Brisbane put a tag on him? Not sure why we didn’t didn’t put a tag on Lachie Neale.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Crossy66
Club Player

Interesting point by Nick on the coach.
The 3 weeks prior to the Brisbane game, Hill basically played 100% off half back. Against Lions , just 35%.
Maybe that had a bit to do with his numbers

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Has FA to do with his effort though

Some of his efforts were shameful - hate to say it!