Paddy goes *WHACK* D’oh!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: Paddy goes *WHACK* D’oh!

bigcarl wrote: Tue 12 Apr 2022 7:59pm We’ve been made an example of.
We always are

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 12 Apr 2022 10:50pm
Paddy is a big loss, but the mids will need to win the ball or turn it over anyway.

Play Hayes and Higgins, expose Witts around the ground and lets see if they can out run and outscore us.

They will struggle to stop our forward line.

I'd rest Wood, take the leash of Hayes and King to lead right up the ground and isolate Marshall and Higgins. They will drop one back, maybe 2.
This should be in the changes to next week, but I wanted to reply here because I have been wondering about M Wood since he was recruited.

I’m starting to warm to him. We tried introducing a tall and agile utility type with Jonathon Marsh and he never quite settled into the team. Wood seems super fit and he’s working his butt off. His disposal is improving with each match I see him and he is definitely a step up on Marsh. He’s dangerous to opposition teams when he goes forward, but he’s been very good defensively as well.

I think Mason is earning his keep at the moment and I wouldn’t drop him. We seem to have quite a few lefties in the team and this probably shouldn’t be brought up here…maybe it’s a strength of ours that other teams haven’t worked out…Seb, DMac, Cal Wilkie, Jimmy Webster and Mason Wood are all left footers.

Just back on topic: Not sure if the Paddy suspension is a blessing in disguise and we won’t know until later in the year, but the games he’ll be missing will be both off 6 day breaks. Maybe…just maybe…it’ll be to the teams benefit that Paddy’s work load has been reduced and he’ll be cherry ripe come September :wink: 8-)

The Craw
Club Player

Well it is good to know that Newtons 2nd law of physics is no longer true and that the AFL MRP obviously know better.

I was always taught the Force = mass x acceleration .... from what I can see Paddy was stationary so how in the hell can he generate force ?????

Dead set joke.

Not Craw, CRAW!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

The Craw wrote: Wed 13 Apr 2022 10:36am Well it is good to know that Newtons 2nd law of physics is no longer true and that the AFL MRP obviously know better.

I was always taught the Force = mass x acceleration .... from what I can see Paddy was stationary so how in the hell can he generate force ?????

Dead set joke.
Excellent post! Sums up this lunacy in a nutshell.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 13 Apr 2022 6:52am
CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 12 Apr 2022 10:50pm
Paddy is a big loss, but the mids will need to win the ball or turn it over anyway.

Play Hayes and Higgins, expose Witts around the ground and lets see if they can out run and outscore us.

They will struggle to stop our forward line.

I'd rest Wood, take the leash of Hayes and King to lead right up the ground and isolate Marshall and Higgins. They will drop one back, maybe 2.
This should be in the changes to next week, but I wanted to reply here because I have been wondering about M Wood since he was recruited.

I’m starting to warm to him. We tried introducing a tall and agile utility type with Jonathon Marsh and he never quite settled into the team. Wood seems super fit and he’s working his butt off. His disposal is improving with each match I see him and he is definitely a step up on Marsh. He’s dangerous to opposition teams when he goes forward, but he’s been very good defensively as well.

I think Mason is earning his keep at the moment and I wouldn’t drop him. We seem to have quite a few lefties in the team and this probably shouldn’t be brought up here…maybe it’s a strength of ours that other teams haven’t worked out…Seb, DMac, Cal Wilkie, Jimmy Webster and Mason Wood are all left footers.

Just back on topic: Not sure if the Paddy suspension is a blessing in disguise and we won’t know until later in the year, but the games he’ll be missing will be both off 6 day breaks. Maybe…just maybe…it’ll be to the teams benefit that Paddy’s work load has been reduced and he’ll be cherry ripe come September :wink: 8-)
If we make finals, we need Paddy (and Hannebery) in the team.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

I'm surprised that Ryder's defence wasn't built around the fact that Day suddenly changed direction after kicking the ball.

If Day didn't suddenly change direction, Ryder would have caught him side on - instead Day inexplicably turned his body (swivelled left) and made it a front-on collision.

Were we allowed to plead this defence, or did the AFL MRP take this (defence) away from us?

That was and should have been the crux of the matter - I don't get it.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I dont’t agree with the new interpretation of what constitutes a fair bump, but now I can’t wait for Hawkins or some other star from a “big club” to become victim of it.

I’m sure a lot of fans will make sure that not one instance is missed and make enough noise that it is prosecuted to the full extent.

If it is good enough to make an example of an icon of the game in Paddy, it should be good enough from any player from any club.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I wonder what the Hunter Clark broken jaw verdict would have been under the new concussion interpretation?

Seems benefit of the doubt is out the window.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

bangaulegend wrote: Tue 12 Apr 2022 8:31pm I f---ing hate everyone at the moment where the f--k is common sense . I'm so angry I can't post anymore as I would probably get a couple of weeks ban maybe even a permeant ban for what I wan't to say . I will just cool down & post at a later date @!%#@!!!!!!!!
Hi all I apologise for my rant last night but I'm just fed up with us being the AFL's whipping boy . I prepared to move on & hope our boys take this decision as a motivational tool & do it for Paddy. Go Sainters!!!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yep, I agree. do it for Paddy saints.

A cautionary note though. When all the tipsters are unanimous in picking us, we usually lose. :cry:

So heads up boys and be f****** careful not to just presume you are going to win.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Would be great to win the next 2 games and then stick it up the AFL!! The baaaaaaaastards!!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Freebird
Club Player

How would the MRO adjudicated if it was Paddy that was concussed?

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Meanwhile Lewis Young gets ZERO weeks for this:
https://www.afl.com.au/news/753757/carl ... rhaar-bump

MRO - Medical Report Outcome

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Tue 03 May 2022 9:24pm Meanwhile Lewis Young gets ZERO weeks for this:

Yep
When I saw it on the TV and heard the blues were challenging , I said he'll get off .
The system is a joke .

In red white and black from 73
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Sainter_Dad wrote: Tue 03 May 2022 9:24pm Meanwhile Lewis Young gets ZERO weeks for this:

Yeah mate just a f--king joke 1 rule for us and another for the rest of the competition just so fu--ing typical of the AFL judicial system .

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Tue 03 May 2022 9:54pm

Yeah mate just a f--king joke 1 rule for us and another for the rest of the competition just so fu--ing typical of the AFL judicial system .
Seems you can get away with a lot so long as there is no concussion. I’m still fuming over that decision. Ryder was absolutely crucified purely for standing his ground.

SunnyErnie
Club Player

bigcarl wrote: Tue 03 May 2022 10:08pm

Seems you can get away with a lot so long as there is no concussion. I’m still fuming over that decision. Ryder was absolutely crucified purely for standing his ground.
It worked out well in the end anyway. We won both matches he missed and he had a good rest!!!

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SunnyErnie wrote: Tue 03 May 2022 10:24pm

It worked out well in the end anyway. We won both matches he missed and he had a good rest!!!
That is true. I hadn’t considered that. I can see now why you call yourself SunnyErnie

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SunnyErnie wrote: Tue 03 May 2022 10:24pm

Maybe we would have won by more with Paddy playing and had a higher percentage.

Maybe Marshall wouldn’t have got injured and played on Saturday night.

I understand that the outcome was different but the system is still a total joke.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 03 May 2022 11:09pm Maybe Marshall wouldn’t have got injured and played on Saturday night.
This

However

Maybe at some stage we can stop being the TEST CASE!!!

St Kilda should ask for a please explain from the AFL - you know - for education purposes.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Club Player

hang on - it should not have even been a free kick. Shepherding a chasing opponent is permitted, if we end up adjudicating that any forceful action is unduly rough then the game is irrevocably changed. That he got off simply reflects the fact that the ump's decision was wrong. Are we surprised that some umpires are not up to the job?

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Young should have got zero weeks from the outset .... didn't get Zurhaar in the head

AFL going with the forceful front on contact says that they are trying to eliminate a legal BUMP

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Will be interesting this week to see whether Cripps’ tackle on Lachlan Murphy goes unremarked.

Bloke was subbed out with a head/neck injury. Does the outcome make it a dangerous tackle?

In Paddy’s case, it was all about the outcome.

I don’t want to see good players rubbed out for fair play, but if there is no action on this the club should ask the league for clarification of the rules in the light of what happened to Ryder.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

What about May taking out Higgins?

100% He chose just to mow him down.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 09 May 2022 1:28pm What about May taking out Higgins?

100% He chose just to mow him down.
They don’t care so long as the victim doesn’t get subbed out with concussion