Can we talk about Daniel

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Can we talk about Daniel

remboy wrote: Mon 28 Mar 2022 5:31pm
CURLY wrote: Mon 28 Mar 2022 1:43pm Yeah I think we need this conversation as its never been discussed.
Yeah, let’s talk about something different for a change, like the umpires.
Or Sinclar

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Andrews? I hear he has Covid.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

I'm over the Dan debate I think everyone is slowly coming to terms with the fact is been an epic fail . Lets move on & talk about our future not the mistakes of the past .IMO

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

We cannot talk about Daniel without his Cousin Jack - in copious amounts

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
older saint
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Mon 28 Mar 2022 2:44pm
older saint wrote: Mon 28 Mar 2022 1:39pm Picked up the paper yesterday and news was as expected, Sunday followed Saturday, Sun rose in the morning and Hannebery was injured again.

Surely this is the worst trade decision since Russell Greene was sent to Hawthorn for Mark Scott and Robert Mace. 2 good games in 4 seasons , and 15 games in 3 seasons and 2 games.

But that's ok, its just a set back and we will be working with Dan to get him through it and prepare in a few weeks to increase his training load.

Its time his Dad's mate , soon to be about new leader :shock: tapped him on the shoulder and said time to hang it up, get the club some cap relief and open a spot either for the future or mid season draft.
No, Older saint. Your memory not too good?

Greene was traded to the hawks for Scott and a nuff nuff called Tony King, who actually played 4 games and kicked 2 goals.

King later became Chief executive at the dees.

Mark Scott actually played 34 games and kicked 110 goals. In the reserves he kicked well over 650 goals in 150 plus game.

Shocking trade all the same. Up there with Ian Stewart for Billy Barrot. for sheer madness.
Apologies - correct King not Mace

Scott was a servicable player - I remember he kicked a bag V collingwood at VFL park on day. , Greene well history says how good he was.

older saint
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Mon 28 Mar 2022 5:04pm Just love how our good ordinary players (as Jack Dwyer called them) are going.

McKenzie, Battle and my current favorite Tasmanian, Webster.
Perhaps Jack Dyer even..never heard Mick's brother talk. :D

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Mon 28 Mar 2022 4:45pm
MC Gusto wrote: Mon 28 Mar 2022 4:41pm i thought this post was about Dmac who is becoming an consistent BEAST for us.

can we talk about him instead?
He was good wasn't he? Breaking tackles, taking the oppo on and his left foot delivery was excellent. He may be finding his feet at that level. 61 games. Could finish up a 200 gamer.
Lurve this post. 👍

Dmac is tough too. 💪

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 29 Mar 2022 1:09pm
st.byron wrote: Mon 28 Mar 2022 4:45pm
MC Gusto wrote: Mon 28 Mar 2022 4:41pm i thought this post was about Dmac who is becoming an consistent BEAST for us.

can we talk about him instead?
He was good wasn't he? Breaking tackles, taking the oppo on and his left foot delivery was excellent. He may be finding his feet at that level. 61 games. Could finish up a 200 gamer.
Lurve this post. 👍

Dmac is tough too. 💪
I've always had a question mark over DMac and whether he is capable of being a flag type player but if he keeps traking the way he is that question mark might disappear real soon.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote: Tue 29 Mar 2022 1:07pm
saynta wrote: Mon 28 Mar 2022 5:04pm Just love how our good ordinary players (as Jack Dwyer called them) are going.

McKenzie, Battle and my current favorite Tasmanian, Webster.
Perhaps Jack Dyer even..never heard Mick's brother talk. :D
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

stkfc1
Club Player

Sick of the Hannerbery crap. Lets get onto the the good news Daniel

Yep McKenzie is a beast. Kudos for a guy so many, including myself, had written off as another member of 0-50 games of nothingness club and eventually waived off into the AFL oblivion. He's starting to put together a level of consistency that will see him play 200 games. He's a natural athlete that's learnt to become a very good footballer. That's rare.
Massive tank, brave and hard as a coconut. He's learnt to play within himself. He knows his limitations and does what he can do well, very well. His main improvement is his decision making and skill execution. That's not luck. That's hard work, so massive tick for him and well done young man!
There's a few others in our list that could learn a thing or two from Daniel. Thing is, I think he's still got another gear in him. Could well be a Top 10 player for us.