Too brave. Saints count cost

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint6709
Club Player

Re: Too brave. Saints count cost

WellardSaint wrote: Mon 07 Mar 2022 3:45pm
cwrcyn wrote: Mon 07 Mar 2022 9:49am Was leaning forward reaching for the ball and didn't bring his arm in quickly enough to brace for impact. Was hit slightly from behind while his arm was not in the correct position. This left the joint exposed. If his arm was by his side and properly tensed he would have got up up and kept playing. It was a technique issue rather than a physical size/shape issue. The way he leans forward in those situations leaves him exposed if his opponents decide they'd rather pick him off than go for the ball. I can't see it being a six week injury after surgery. It's more likely to be 10 to 12 weeks. He'll lose a fair bit of conditioning in the next month.
I got hit by a car and did my AC in the shoulder.
I braced, but hey...
He was just unlucky, no amoint of bracing would have prevented the injury
Very true - when the opposition are allowed to field cars as part of their team - no amount of bracing will help our guys in on impact

I would imagine cars would be pretty handy in rugby too and would cause all kinds of injuries to opposition teams

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Mon 07 Mar 2022 3:45pm
cwrcyn wrote: Mon 07 Mar 2022 9:49am Was leaning forward reaching for the ball and didn't bring his arm in quickly enough to brace for impact. Was hit slightly from behind while his arm was not in the correct position. This left the joint exposed. If his arm was by his side and properly tensed he would have got up up and kept playing. It was a technique issue rather than a physical size/shape issue. The way he leans forward in those situations leaves him exposed if his opponents decide they'd rather pick him off than go for the ball. I can't see it being a six week injury after surgery. It's more likely to be 10 to 12 weeks. He'll lose a fair bit of conditioning in the next month.
I got hit by a car and did my AC in the shoulder.
I braced, but hey...
He was just unlucky, no amoint of bracing would have prevented the injury
Did you get to the ball first though. Thats all that matters.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

And your physique.. don't forget to work on that too

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Problem for Clark is that he always plays the ball and has eyes only for it.

That leaves him wide open at times to being picked off by opponents (I don’t think that’s applicable in this case, but it has happened).

Not sure what he can do about it except be aware that discretion is the better part of valour.

And if anyone does try anything untoward, you’d expect full retribution from any of his teammates.