Saints name 2022 captain. (W)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saints name 2022 captain. (W)

Last edited by saynta on Sun 14 Nov 2021 10:16am, edited 2 times in total.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints name 2022 captain.

Top choice, can't wait for the season to start.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Hannah Priest has been appointed as the sole captain of St Kilda’s AFLW side for Season 2022.

Having 1 Captain is better than having 4. :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Please put a capital "W" before any thread titles. I've no interest in that league.

Gershwin
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 12 Nov 2021 9:40pm Please put a capital "W" before any thread titles. I've no interest in that league.
Saynta likes to go fishing for Ghosts and he is pretty good at it.

summertime and the living is easy ........
roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

St. Kilda team coached by a man whose name means 'Of the Saints' and a new captain named 'Priest'.

This augurs well.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
diddley
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 12 Nov 2021 9:40pm Please put a capital "W" before any thread titles. I've no interest in that league.
With the amount of absolute garbage that gets spilled on this forum, sifting through the tiny amount of saint’s women’s media and news should be the least of your concerns.
You don’t like it, hit the home page button and move on to the next article people spend 16 pages discussing irrelevant issues to the club.

diddley
Club Player

diddley wrote: Sat 13 Nov 2021 7:55am
With the amount of absolute garbage that gets spilled on this forum, sifting through the tiny amount of saint’s women’s media and news should be the least of your concerns.
You don’t like it, hit the home page button and move on to the next article people spend 16 pages discussing irrelevant issues to the club.
And while I am at it,
I have no issue that you don’t like the AFLW, many don’t, but why would you spend time trying to bring it down, in any form?
If you don’t like it, just move on.
If you go to the supermarket to get bananas, don’t be upset that they put avocados in the next tub.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Others do.

The women's teams are as much a part of the St Kilda football club as the men's team.

There should be a separate section for them, but there isn't at present so I don't have an alternative at the moment.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I appreciate the advice diddley, very sage. When saintsational is made up of numerous forums, "general", "opposition", "animal enclosure" then why not dedicate one to the women's team?

Do not sell them or forumites short, their threads can contain just as much garbage.

Speaking of garbage, while I'm at it, your bananas and avocado analogy was ripe. I'd expect to see avocados in the fruit & veg section, I would not bat an eyelid if they were next to the bananas.

Yes saynta, the women's team is very much a part of the St Kilda Football Club, just as poker machines are. I have no issues with either. I've been a supporter of their game through Darebin, Melbourne Uni and now Seaford. It's fantastic. I simply come on here to discuss matters involving the men's team.

Is a "W" too much to ask? Apparently for some social warriors it is.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 13 Nov 2021 11:14am
I appreciate the advice diddley, very sage. When saintsational is made up of numerous forums, "general", "opposition", "animal enclosure" then why not dedicate one to the women's team?

Do not sell them or forumites short, their threads can contain just as much garbage.

Speaking of garbage, while I'm at it, your bananas and avocado analogy was ripe. I'd expect to see avocados in the fruit & veg section, I would not bat an eyelid if they were next to the bananas.

Yes saynta, the women's team is very much a part of the St Kilda Football Club, just as poker machines are. I have no issues with either. I've been a supporter of their game through Darebin, Melbourne Uni and now Seaford. It's fantastic. I simply come on here to discuss matters involving the men's team.

Social warriors? :roll: Nice. :evil:

I would have thought that the :wink: :D 8-) .would have been enough to tip you off. It was meant to.

I will never apologise for posting a saints women's article on this forum. Part of the team these days. Sorry mate but get over yourself.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 13 Nov 2021 12:01pm

I would have thought that the :wink: :D 8-) .would have been enough to tip you off. It was meant to.

I will never apologise for posting a saints women's article on this forum. Part of the team these days. Sorry mate but get over yourself.
I've not asked for an apology, those are the words of someone with an issue.

The fact you used those emoticons actually disrespects the very article you posted.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 13 Nov 2021 12:56pm

The fact you used those emoticons actually disrespects the very article you posted.
Given the simplicity of what you’ve suggested, the number of times/forumites that have requested the same thing and the general carry on that they have been met with…
I think the degree of courtesy your after is perhaps a bit too much to expect or even consider

I dare say that if anybody else could be bothered posting these stories, they’d just do it so that it was clear. It seems as though this and the paywall thing is just something that will need to be brought up everytime a thread gets made which of course is the author’s prerogative.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 13 Nov 2021 12:56pm

We can agree to disagree. To do otherwise only gives posters who I consider arseholes the opening to have a go at one of us. Didn't mean any disrespect though.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

i wish it had it's own forum

Sanctorum
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Sat 13 Nov 2021 4:06pm i wish it had it's own forum
I tend to agree Fireman. I do watch AFLW games regularly and admire the way the standard of play and skill levels have improved so much since the competition started.

The rationale to have a separate forum for the St Kilda AFLW team is clear - it is a totally separate competition and by providing it's own platform on Saintsational it may well appeal to the women and girls who dislike the Fan Forum for the vile language and disrespectful attacks often contained in so many threads....

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
SaintJohno
Club Player

Sanctorum wrote: Sat 13 Nov 2021 6:31pm
I tend to agree Fireman. I do watch AFLW games regularly and admire the way the standard of play and skill levels have improved so much since the competition started.

The rationale to have a separate forum for the St Kilda AFLW team is clear - it is a totally separate competition and by providing it's own platform on Saintsational it may well appeal to the women and girls who dislike the Fan Forum for the vile language and disrespectful attacks often contained in so many threads....
Agreed, I think they deserve their own forum. It's only going to get bigger.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 13 Nov 2021 9:42am
Others do.

The women's teams are as much a part of the St Kilda football club as the men's team.

There should be a separate section for them, but there isn't at present so I don't have an alternative at the moment.
Bump.
:wink:
I f My posts cause the owner to open up a separate woman's forum then I will feel vindicated.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Maybe it would be easier to put an ‘M’ next to threads about the mens team?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Or you could put at the start of a thread-
M if it's Men's team related,
W if it's Women's team related,
B if it's Bulldust.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Me too
I don’t watch it just not interested
Put it on its own forum
Oh and before the PC trolls crawl out from their ABC hidey holes to throw mud...
Don’t like that I have that view???
Go get shagged
I don’t like Mens netball either just to be clear

“Yeah….nah””
freely
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote: Sat 13 Nov 2021 11:25pm
What are you clarifying? That you are rigidly conformist?

outside66
Club Player

Get a life mate.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Sun 14 Nov 2021 3:10am
Teflon wrote: Sat 13 Nov 2021 11:25pm
What are you clarifying? That you are rigidly conformist?
Or just free to choose is the way I prefer to look at it.
Let me guess - doesn’t gel with your new age PC views where we all must like the same thing cause the tribe has spoken??

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

outside66 wrote: Sun 14 Nov 2021 8:39am
Get a life mate.
That’s his opinion
He has one
Id suggest you’re the one needing to get a life.

“Yeah….nah””