Marshall to miss (Tier 1 Covid exposure)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Marshall to miss (Tier 1 Covid exposure)

Yorkeys wrote: Tue 20 Jul 2021 6:12pm Wondered why Hunter travelled.

Hunter would have travelled regardless as we flew over a week early.

Marshall is out not due to the MCG, but because he visited a pub which was evidently only realised today.

It might miss more than just the Eagle Game.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Trying to work out how Marshall wouldn’t have the 14 days under his belt by the match?

#1 Ryder fan
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote: Tue 20 Jul 2021 6:59pm Different rules should apply to the vaccinated. That’s the only way we will get the masses jabbed. Agree it’s the only way out
Just set a deadline, after which the government presumes you have decided against being vaccinated. Then institute No More Lockdowns.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Tue 20 Jul 2021 6:55pm
Bruce G McAbee wrote: Tue 20 Jul 2021 6:38pm He's returned 3 negative tests. I just want this to end.
I get my 2nd jab on August 20th.
Vaccination is the only way out of this mess.
Couldn’t agree more and I had mine yesterday. Once everyone has had the chance to be vaccinated the government should just say, That’s it. No more lockdowns.

If you don’t want to get vaccinated, fair enough it is your health and your life. Just don’t expect me to lock down to protect you.
Yep 100%. Open up those who chose not to be vaccinated can take there chances.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Tue 20 Jul 2021 7:14pm
Bruce G McAbee wrote: Tue 20 Jul 2021 6:38pm He's returned 3 negative tests. I just want this to end.
Couldn’t agree more and I had mine yesterday. Once everyone has had the chance to be vaccinated the government should just say, That’s it. No more lockdowns.

If you don’t want to get vaccinated, fair enough it is your health and your life. Just don’t expect me to lock down to protect you.
Agree. Once everyone has had the opportunity

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Tue 20 Jul 2021 7:18pm
CURLY wrote: Tue 20 Jul 2021 7:14pm

Agree. Once everyone has had the opportunity
Yep give a cut off date then open up and stay open. This is having a adverse effect on the kids.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote: Tue 20 Jul 2021 6:59pm Different rules should apply to the vaccinated. That’s the only way we will get the masses jabbed. Agree it’s the only way out
Except that, being vaccinated doesn't stop you from either getting the virus or passing it on to others, including those who have been vaccinated. That's the dilemma. Of course, if everyone was vaccinated, then a measure of protection against severe illness is afforded. At the moment, that is the out strategy. But this time last year, there was no delta variant, so who knows what's around the corner. Sometimes, coronaviruses just stop mutating. Hopefully Covid-19 will be one of them.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote: Tue 20 Jul 2021 7:23pm
Except that, being vaccinated doesn't stop you from either getting the virus or passing it on to others, including those who have been vaccinated. That's the dilemma. Of course, if everyone was vaccinated, then a measure of protection against severe illness is afforded. At the moment, that is the out strategy. But this time last year, there was no delta variant, so who knows what's around the corner. Sometimes, coronaviruses just stop mutating. Hopefully Covid-19 will be one of them.
Vaccination will mitigate it to no more serious than the seasonal flu. Not pleasant, but you can live with it without being imprisoned every couple of months.

It may be that everyone needs a booster every year because it mutates. If so, that’s okay if it keeps us out of lockdown.

Gershwin
Club Player

Darragh Joyce was there too. Can’t play this week.

summertime and the living is easy ........
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Waiting for Caro to come out with how irresponsible and unprofessional Marshall was. Poor culture and so on.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

CURLY wrote: Tue 20 Jul 2021 7:55pm Waiting for Caro to come out with how irresponsible and unprofessional Marshall was. Poor culture and so on.
Must check Sportsbet, the certainty of the week.

Saint supporter since '62
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Look, with Darragh and Rowan at the bar there must be at least a dozen ladies that now have to isolate, and several autograph hunters. We are so introspective only thinking it makes an improbable win in Perth even more unlikely.

At least this season, except for Darragh, the recruitment team and coaches have had a good look at most of the list under combat conditions. That should help contact/recruitment considerations.

Sanctorum
Club Player

As Mick Molloy said on The Front Bar recently:

THANKS WUHAN!!!!!! :evil: :twisted:

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote: Tue 20 Jul 2021 7:02pm Trying to work out how Marshall wouldn’t have the 14 days under his belt by the match?
It was after the rugby on I think the Tuesday.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Tue 20 Jul 2021 7:27pm
Vaccination will mitigate it to no more serious than the seasonal flu. Not pleasant, but you can live with it without being imprisoned every couple of months.

It may be that everyone needs a booster every year because it mutates. If so, that’s okay if it keeps us out of lockdown.
There are some people who can’t be vaccinated and have to rely on everyone else doing the right thing for protection.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
1965 Saint
Club Player

And now the sh1tfish supporters are ringing talkback in Perth suggesting that SK should stay in Perth and Play the Sh1tfish in Perth in Round 20!! Don’t worry about the change of home ground advantage. Nothing to see here. Whackers.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 20 Jul 2021 9:39pm
bigcarl wrote: Tue 20 Jul 2021 7:27pm

There are some people who can’t be vaccinated and have to rely on everyone else doing the right thing for protection.
It is safe for the vast majority. What are we to do? Shut down society forever? That is hardly realistic and certainly not desirable.

Even Dan Andrews says, “We will not be going into lockdown to protect people who will not protect themselves.”

I hope you have had your shots Dud, or will once you are eligible.

If you decide against it, that’s ok. Just take responsibility for the consequences

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Yorkeys wrote: Tue 20 Jul 2021 6:12pm Wondered why Hunter travelled.

Club has certainly upset one or more of the gods during off season. The gods barrack for Footscray, perhaps, explains their nothing is a throw rule - but not Geelong's.
Let's backtrack a bit.
Just random things.
Hawkins brushing a goal post.
Milne zigging but the ball zagged.
Pies blood tests post GF, very high levels of HGH and testosterone, brushed under the carpet and buried.
Sirengate in Tassie.
Whispers in the Sky after a Dockers game.
Poor Winmar and Loewe during GF week in 97.

I might be biased, and I know little about other clubs' misfortunes, but hey- has ANY other AFL team been cursed like a Shakespearean tragedy?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
B.M
Saintsational Legend

So he’s been in contact with all the players and coaches

They are ok to play??

I don’t get the logic?!

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Tue 20 Jul 2021 10:21pm So he’s been in contact with all the players and coaches

They are ok to play??

I don’t get the logic?!
The logic lies in not focussing on protecting a game of football but the general community.

As a Tier 1 subject, he has a higher chance of being infected and spreading the virus, hence the two week quarantine to cover the incubation period - the same as every other person exposed to Tier 1.

If during that two week period he becomes positive that will be the end of the AFL season or certainly puts it in a two week suspension. A big effect on the AFL but no harm to the general community as the AFL is its own bubble.

amusingname
Club Player

B.M wrote: Tue 20 Jul 2021 10:21pm So he’s been in contact with all the players and coaches

They are ok to play??

I don’t get the logic?!
He hasn’t tested positive, so can’t pass on the virus if he doesn’t have it. He has to stay isolated due to the incubation period, but if he doesn’t have it yet, he couldn’t pass it on to anyone.

happy feet
Club Player

They are ok to play??

I don’t get the logic?!
It’s all about control B.M and the 5G network. Vaccines contain nano particles that will be activated via the 5G network and will cause the death of those not wanted by the new world order Government to be headed up by Bill Gates and Eddie Maguire.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

If he’s a tier 1 contact

What does that make Paddy Ryder

Who would’ve been wrestling with him in ruck drills

If Marshall is positive

So could at least 6 team mates

Then during the game that could be spread to Eagles players

Then they take it home!!!

amusingname
Club Player

B.M wrote: Tue 20 Jul 2021 10:49pm If he’s a tier 1 contact

If Marshall is positive

Again, he is not positive so can’t pass it on. He may possibly become positive, hence being in isolation, but couldn’t pass anything on before he develops the virus.
Last edited by amusingname on Tue 20 Jul 2021 10:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

happy feet
Club Player

B.M wrote: Tue 20 Jul 2021 10:49pm If he’s a tier 1 contact

If Marshall is positive

Absolutely correct. It’s why I was quite amazed that AFL and NRL were and have been allowed to continue. In NRL land last year their bubble allowed them to live at home, but they could have a partner who worked in the community who could have a Covid contact and brought it home. The NRL were desperate to keep the game going as there is no money in reserves to provide a financial buffer and no assets to even borrow against. At least the AFL have the Docklands Stadium as collateral for any loan. There is also a theory that if you don’t have access to a game like footy, then you find another way to fill the void and that when the game returns you get some supporters back but not all. Money is winning the argument with these codes at present. Why is a footballer treated differently than a tradie on a building site.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.