Forget Finals

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Forget Finals

kosifantutti wrote: Mon 19 Jul 2021 7:21am
samuraisaint wrote: Sat 17 Jul 2021 9:04pm
Wayne42 wrote: Sat 17 Jul 2021 8:50pm The best thing,

only 5 more weeks of this frustrating shite and we are done for 2021.

Hope the trade and draft periods provide some highlights for the Saints in 2021, if not, it's just another barren year. :evil:
The best thing about our percentage is that we will get the draft pick we deserve. Our percentage is so low that we will definitely finish the lowest on the ladder of any of our opponents who have won the same number of games as us, guaranteeing us a decent draft pick if we don't make the eight.

If we make the eight, we play finals. Bonus!
Are you saying because of our % we could finish 8th but not 9th or 10th. That makes sense.
Not really, what I am saying is that if we win enough games (12) we should make it.
But if we fall away and lose games coming up against Eagles, Swans and Geelong, which are teams who have had the wood over us for ten years, but only beat Carlton and Freo who we would be usually be expected to beat for example, then we will finish the lowest out of all the teams who only win ten games. This will mean we'll finish twelfth or thirteenth, because other teams who may win ten games such as Carlton, Suns, whoever, who have a superior percentage to us. We won't finish on top of other teams who have the same number of wins as us.
I still think we're a chance, but next week against the Eagles in Perth is really backs to the wall stuff.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
SaintJohn1956
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote: Sun 18 Jul 2021 3:02pm
CURLY wrote: Sat 17 Jul 2021 6:54pm Clarke
Higgins
Gresham
Coffield
Paton
Heath

Fair group of young blokes to return.
Add Joyce and Hannebery to that list and we could be significantly strengthened in the next one to two weeks.
Joyce didn't go - has to quarantine

Saint John
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintJohn1956 wrote: Mon 19 Jul 2021 3:01pm
Higgins
Gresham
Coffield
Paton
Heath

Add Joyce and Hannebery to that list and we could be significantly strengthened in the next one to two weeks.
Let me guess, he went to the rugby, right?

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

This team has got some major issues and whilst we had 3 good wins I think the fact is we got them at a vulnerable time. I think finals is out of reach this year.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Mon 19 Jul 2021 2:32pm
kosifantutti wrote: Mon 19 Jul 2021 7:21am
samuraisaint wrote: Sat 17 Jul 2021 9:04pm
Wayne42 wrote: Sat 17 Jul 2021 8:50pm The best thing,

only 5 more weeks of this frustrating shite and we are done for 2021.

Hope the trade and draft periods provide some highlights for the Saints in 2021, if not, it's just another barren year. :evil:
The best thing about our percentage is that we will get the draft pick we deserve. Our percentage is so low that we will definitely finish the lowest on the ladder of any of our opponents who have won the same number of games as us, guaranteeing us a decent draft pick if we don't make the eight.

If we make the eight, we play finals. Bonus!
Are you saying because of our % we could finish 8th but not 9th or 10th. That makes sense.
Not really, what I am saying is that if we win enough games (12) we should make it.
But if we fall away and lose games coming up against Eagles, Swans and Geelong, which are teams who have had the wood over us for ten years, but only beat Carlton and Freo who we would be usually be expected to beat for example, then we will finish the lowest out of all the teams who only win ten games. This will mean we'll finish twelfth or thirteenth, because other teams who may win ten games such as Carlton, Suns, whoever, who have a superior percentage to us. We won't finish on top of other teams who have the same number of wins as us.
I still think we're a chance, but next week against the Eagles in Perth is really backs to the wall stuff.
But our percentage could just as easily push us from 8th to 9th.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
SaintJohn1956
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote: Mon 19 Jul 2021 3:35pm
SaintJohn1956 wrote: Mon 19 Jul 2021 3:01pm
Higgins
Gresham
Coffield
Paton
Heath

Let me guess, he went to the rugby, right?
Correct

Saint John