Huge Game this Week !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MickThomas
Club Player

Re: Huge Game this Week !!

shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 17 May 2021 6:57pm I always dread the “brave loss hangover”, and we get ‘Em pretty bad from a fans point of view anyway.

Like Gold Coast, who put up a great show, just get done, but then get a horrible hammering the following week.
You live in the Land of the Rising Sun, the home of the 3-eyed mutant Fukushima fishes...
You never get to see any games as a TRUE spectator at Marvel etc, just on a 7 inch screen, so you cannot have any real insight- you can't see the whole ground...

However, this is the most insightful post of the year, sir.

I'm in your team, I think the squad will be spent after the effort which bore no fruit.
They gave till they could give no more.

They can't follow it up.
The spirit is weak, jaded, despondent.
I wonder whether Baroose will be inspired to stick it up his former family, and prove his worth to his adopted siblings,
by playing out of his skin and bagging a 5 or 6.

RoMa missing, means we lose the stoppage control.
We could get torched, sadly

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I think we will do OK, I've always fancied the way we match up against the Dogs. Marshall is a massive loss, more for his forward presence and hit ups on the wing.

However, my biggest concern is the umpiring. If we thought Geelong get a great run for Frees For and being allowed to throw the ball, we ain't seen nothing yet. I doubt the Dogs have been on the wrong side of the ledger for an entire season for about 6 years and rarely have more paid against them in a single game.

Huge on so many fronts!!! 😉

spert
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Wed 19 May 2021 9:11am I think we will do OK, I've always fancied the way we match up against the Dogs. Marshall is a massive loss, more for his forward presence and hit ups on the wing.

However, my biggest concern is the umpiring. If we thought Geelong get a great run for Frees For and being allowed to throw the ball, we ain't seen nothing yet. I doubt the Dogs have been on the wrong side of the ledger for an entire season for about 6 years and rarely have more paid against them in a single game.

Huge on so many fronts!!! 😉
Never seen a team get away with so much throwing the ball (in front of the umpire)as the Dogs in their last premiership- not unlike Geelong last week.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bring the effort the dogs don’t like pressure we match up well against them I think
Or
Hangover and we get pumped!!
Which Saints turn up this week?

“Yeah….nah””
The Peanut
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote: Mon 17 May 2021 10:15am Prepare to be massacred. Dogs are better than Richmond, Cats, Melbourne and Port and.......poor little undersized under skilled us
I thought the Dogs lost to Richmond and banked four points with North Melbourne - Notwithstanding the Saints have had some shocking fall-outs, outcomes often depend on how teams match-up with each other ...

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Teflon wrote: Thu 20 May 2021 12:28am Bring the effort the dogs don’t like pressure we match up well against them I think
Or
Hangover and we get pumped!!
Which Saints turn up this week?
This is it in a nutshell. We are bordering on bi-polar with the extremes between our good and bad performances. That's what makes this week so huge - a bit like the WCE game, if we bring our best, we can beat a more fancied opponent and square the ledger.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Watershed Game?
Melbourne defeat back luck? under skilled;
Essendon defeat, badly under skilled and disinterested;
Tigers, under skilled and run over;
Port, under skilled and run over;
Geelong under skilled;
Bulldogs? I don't think we are adding skill this week so if we get runover yet again, perhaps there will be a strong move to get skilled and stronger before 2022 so a game plan can be executed and the drive-bys are fewer, in case it wasn't already self evident. That's my new years wish as we limp towards mid season.

If we win I will be mightily amazed, happy and shown for the fool I am.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 21 May 2021 11:46am Watershed Game?
Geelong under skilled;
Bulldogs? I don't think we are adding skill this week so if we get runover yet again, perhaps there will be a strong move to get skilled and stronger before 2022 so a game plan can be executed and the drive-bys are fewer, in case it wasn't already self evident. That's my new years wish as we limp towards mid season.

A good summary Yorkey.

It was evident early in the season that we lacked the fitness to go with teams and to run out the longer games. When you are struggling fitness wise everything becomes harder, your skills, your defensive efforts etc and then the interest wanes. It looked like Ratts and his coaching team thought things would just flow on after 2020 and they had a poor preseason.

The team is just starting to get to the required match fitness now, but the injuries to key players are becoming overwhelming. Marshall, Gresham, Jones, Paton, Hannebrey even Carlisle when fit are best 22 and important players.

We out played Geelong last week and have a good recent record against the Dogs, but feel our kicking gremlins will continue and effort alone wont be enough.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Why? Why the f*** should our kicking gremlins continue this week. Have a little faith FFS.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

WB are much stronger than last year...with Trelour etc. Libba, even Bruce lifting.
St Kilda are much weaker than last year...with injury and poor form.

So there is no reason to think we won't smash 'em.

Except we probably won't.

Unless some magic buttons are pressed....
Suddenly..Lonie pulls out some tricks. (He's good against the Dogs..don't wanna put the whatsitsname on him)
BUtler finally has a great game.
King is better despite kicking worse....maybe his radar comes back?

Frawley makes a meal out of Bruce.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Crouch, Fawley and Higgins are plusses for us, plus the form of Sinclair, Wilke and Steele.

I know our outs are big losses but every side has to deal with injury problems.

MickThomas
Club Player

shanegrambeau wrote: Fri 21 May 2021 2:42pm WB are much stronger than last year...with Trelour etc. Libba, even Bruce lifting.
St Kilda are much weaker than last year...with injury and poor form.

So there is no reason to think we won't smash 'em.

Except we probably won't.

Unless some magic buttons are pressed....
Suddenly..Lonie pulls out some tricks. (He's good against the Dogs..don't wanna put the whatsitsname on him)
BUtler finally has a great game.
King is better despite kicking worse....maybe his radar comes back?

Frawley makes a meal out of Bruce.
Little Caleb gives em great drive from D50, but if Gears stays in him, might be good.
Hope Ratts doesn't try any silly tactics on Caleb with Gears, because Bevo ain't dumb n won't repeat last yrs final.

WB players u mentioned, Treloar, Libba, are a good level above most of our guys, and the other WB players are good at anticipating and playing their way, keeping it moving, etc.

Our guys are good at putting team-mates under unnecessary pressure instead of putting it to advantage.
I'm referencing the ridiculous insane pass by idiot Sincs to Lonie.
PUT IT TO YOUR TEAM-MATE'S ADVANTAGE, IDIOT

In a multiplayer video game, would you intentionally expose another avatar on your team, to harm?
NO

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 21 May 2021 11:46am Watershed Game?
Geelong under skilled;

TBH, whilst I agree the Dogs are a better skilled side and we cannot beat them on that measure, it is discipline, structure and discipline that will overcome them.

Ryder in the ruck.
Geary on Daniel.
Frawley & Howard on Bruce & Naughton.

We do match up well, results say that.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Huge game this week?

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

The Fireman wrote: Fri 21 May 2021 8:24pm Huge game this week?
I thought you had passed on the baton :wink: or are you just getting in(really) early for next week :wink: Nah mate you are the Don every one else is just a puppet. You are the man :)

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Fri 21 May 2021 9:14pm
The Fireman wrote: Fri 21 May 2021 8:24pm Huge game this week?
I thought you had passed on the baton :wink: or are you just getting in(really) early for next week :wink: Nah mate you are the Don every one else is just a puppet. You are the man :)
:lol: :lol: Huge