Kingy Ya Killing Me!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

Re: Kingy Ya Killing Me!

spert wrote: Mon 17 May 2021 10:00am As a prize recruit forward in his second season, he needs to have improved his goal kicking and marking. I would rather back DMac to kick a crucial goal at the moment. Much work for the coaches to do with Max
No one is saying he doesn't need to improve but give him a chance to do it.

He's only played about 30 games ffs.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

B.M wrote: Fri 14 May 2021 11:26pm They can’t kick it for him!!!

I don’t give a f*** if you’ve played 1 game or 300

You don’t miss 3 goals from 25m and 1 from 5m

Putrid really

If you put him the best players, you’re joking

He’s one of the reasons we lost
I agree, amazing potential but lacks the basic skills he should have after playing the game for 15 years.

Maybe we can get Ben and Max goes defender / 2nd ruck?

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

I think this is the most accurate opinion i've read on Max King since the Geelong debacle, it's from Matthew Lloyd.

Speaking on 3AW Football after Friday night’s game, Lloyd, who coached King at Haileybury College during the key-position prospects junior career, said he was seeing the tall Saint repeatedly commit “the same mistakes”.
Lloyd said it was incumbent on both player and club to rectify the issue.
“There’s no momentum through the ball. It’s a slow run-up, so he tries to generate his power by leaning back on the ball and as a result, they’re steering left or right,” Lloyd told 3AW.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Sanctorum
Club Player

seano1 wrote: Fri 14 May 2021 11:33pm Stop fiddling with the f****** ball !!!! The last shot i sweat the laces were to the side not on top . Wish the cameras would capture his holding of the ball so coaches could point it out to him . Or fly him to Sydney and get plugger to train him
Spida Everitt mentioned in passing at the pre=game function on the Gold Coast that Tony Lockett has moved north to Kingscliff just south of Tweed Heads, as has Justin Koschitzke...

Not really concerned about Max King's kicking for goal, it will improve as time goes on - but maybe he should change jumper numbers as his champion predecessor in #12 also got the yips at times!

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
bigred
Saintsational Legend

He definitely rushes.
Needs to take his due time.
Get his breathing back since he looks gassed most of the time.

Get a routine.

All these yips could do with some good old fashioned Stewart Loewe non negotiable routine.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

bigred wrote: Mon 17 May 2021 8:18pm He definitely rushes.
Needs to take his due time.
Get his breathing back since he looks gassed most of the time.

Get a routine.

All these yips could do with some good old fashioned Stewart Loewe non negotiable routine.
Maybe , Stewie the markologist Loewe was the worst kick for goal when he started with us but I take my hat off to him because he worked his arse off to get better & reaped the rewards . Was never going to be a Tony Lockett but he became a solid goal contributor through out his career at the Saints

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Should also be said that if King had of kicked straight he would have torn that game apart.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....