Weak as piss.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Weak as piss.

The Fireman wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:01am
CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 11:59pm
The Fireman wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 11:53pm I now have another wanker on my list
Why do you have a wanker list firey? What do you do with the list?
Pay close attention to it to avoid wankers..oops I'm not using it properely.
Anyway, what are you doing in this thread. Did you give up last week, skipped Easter, kicked the dog, spend the week shivering in the corner? I wouldn't have believed it.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:07am
Anyway, what are you doing in this thread. Did you give up last week, skipped Easter, kicked the dog, spend the week shivering in the corner? I wouldn't have believed it.
we are all reactive.. side goes bad people react accordingly..for eg you wouldn't have posted this thread if we had of been thumped.. again reactive...

crap thread.... calling your fellow supporters "as weak as piss" what a disgrace

but hey a positive for you... you are on a list :)
which I will adhere to from here on out. cheers pal

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 9:00pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:56pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:49pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:44pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:42pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:31pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:29pm Was that the same effort you saw in the previous two weeks?
Couldn't find your dummy? Just chew on your nails.
Had nearly as many tackles in the last quarter tonight as the whole game last week.

Yep, absolutely same level of effort 👍
f*** you're boring but unlike the Saints, you are at least boringly consistent.
Nice job arguing your point 👍
My point is just that many of our 'supporters' are as week as piss. I dont have to make a point, I made a post. I'm.just waiting for you all to identify yourself, just for the record.
Our last two weeks were pathetic and deserved to be called out. Was done internally as well. Supporters should criticise when appropriate, doesn’t mean they’re not still supporting the team.
I think this is a fair point.

Much much better today.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:18am
CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:07am
we are all reactive.. side goes bad people react accordingly..for eg you wouldn't have posted this thread if we had of been thumped.. again reactive...

crap thread.... calling your fellow supporters "as weak as piss" what a disgrace

but hey a positive for you... you are on a list :)
which I will adhere to from here on out. cheers pal
I'm not sure many of these wankers (old fashioned word but I love it) on here are St.Kilda supporters. Do you have a separate list or different columns for St.Kilda Supporter wankers?

I will bet most are wankers though, but of course there's nothing wrong with that.

I am being proactive, not reactive, I've identified an opportunity for all those who were as weak as piss last week, to collect themselves and their dummies and welcomed them back into the fold. I even made a thread for them. A win was the best way to do that, as 2 losses was enough to tip them. (This is why I doubt some are really saints supporters in the first place)
Like, one minute we are playing finals, then we are 1/3, they next step is homelessness, divorce, financial ruin. This footy stuff is much more than a game you know. It real emotion.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:39am
The_Dud wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:29pm Was that the same effort you saw in the previous two weeks?
Had nearly as many tackles in the last quarter tonight as the whole game last week.

My point is just that many of our 'supporters' are as week as piss. I dont have to make a point, I made a post. I'm.just waiting for you all to identify yourself, just for the record.
Our last two weeks were pathetic and deserved to be called out. Was done internally as well. Supporters should criticise when appropriate, doesn’t mean they’re not still supporting the team.

Much much better today.
my focus is not the team in this thread. this is purely a thread focussed on our forum and some of the embarrassing statements made by posters about their allegiance to the club in the last 2 weeks. They know who they are. If its ok to call out players and coaches, then it goes both ways.

Dud doesn't strike me as emotional, neither is he over critical, he just seems to be here a lot and constantly having some sort of issue or argument, usually with Curly. I dont wanna discuss this weeks game or last weeks game. So I avoided his point. This isn't about that. Its purely a measure of Strength Through Loyalty.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:56pm Responding a week late to something that should have never happened. Great win but the original post is absolutely pathetic.
by Beno88
Sat 03 Apr 2021 5:47pm
Forum: Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)
Topic: I’m done
Replies: 87
Views: 2585
Re: I’m done
Same. 37 years old, 32 years a member. I’m out. I don’t need this s*** in my life.

Pathetic you say? Hmmmm, OK!

Oh, welcome back too. Just saying.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

We all have allegiance but there comes a time when enough is enough & after last weeks effort I think is only human nature to respond as a lot of supporters did including me . Do you honestly think that if we all said nothing then we would see the response we saw today .

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 1:10am We all have allegiance but there comes a time when enough is enough & after last weeks effort I think is only human nature to respond as a lot of supporters did including me . Do you honestly think that if we all said nothing then we would see the response we saw today .
I guess that depends on who you think is listening. We topped 50k members recently. Some still obviously find faith and actual financial support more constructive.
I read one contributor to this thread mention he knew there was a reason he didn't renew his membership in 2017. 2017? FFS!.
Id like to say f*** off and good riddance but that would be going too far, so I won't.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:54am

Much much better today.
my focus is not the team in this thread. this is purely a thread focussed on our forum and some of the embarrassing statements made by posters about their allegiance to the club in the last 2 weeks. They know who they are. If its ok to call out players and coaches, then it goes both ways.

Dud doesn't strike me as emotional, neither is he over critical, he just seems to be here a lot and constantly having some sort of issue or argument, usually with Curly. I dont wanna discuss this weeks game or last weeks game. So I avoided his point. This isn't about that. Its purely a measure of Strength Through Loyalty.
When s*** happens, many people lose their s***. That is quite normal.

Most of these posters that you are referring to have been Saints supporter for decades. We are loyal, but frustrated.

Provoking people doesn't help matters either.

I think you need to cut people some slack.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 1:20am
CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:54am

Much much better today.

When s*** happens, many people lose their s***. That is quite normal.

Most of these posters that you are referring to have been Saints supporter for decades. We are loyal, but frustrated.

Provoking people doesn't help matters either.

I think you need to cut people some slack.
I agree. I probably should, I could excuse myself by saying I have been drinking most of the day but that's no excuse. I pre-planned this. I held my tongue and put all my money on a Saints win.
I'm glad I didn't read the forum for s few weeks I have felt provoked and would probably have been suspended for defending the club and calling people weak as piss.
I am not a mediator or placing myself on any kind of pedestal.
I merely made a post based on my thoughts. I didn't drag anyone into conversation or berate anyone openly.
I've made my point.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 1:16am
bangaulegend wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 1:10am We all have allegiance but there comes a time when enough is enough & after last weeks effort I think is only human nature to respond as a lot of supporters did including me . Do you honestly think that if we all said nothing then we would see the response we saw today .
I guess that depends on who you think is listening. We topped 50k members recently. Some still obviously find faith and actual financial support more constructive.
I read one contributor to this thread mention he knew there was a reason he didn't renew his membership in 2017. 2017? FFS!.
Id like to say f*** off and good riddance but that would be going too far, so I won't.
I don't really get what mean . Are you saying that unless you are payed up member your not a real supporter . I've been a member for over 40 years but IMO it doesn't make me any better than anyone on the street who may not be able to afford a membership but still willing to be a supporter?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 1:40am
CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 1:16am
I don't really get what mean . Are you saying that unless you are payed up member your not a real supporter . I've been a member for over 40 years but IMO it doesn't make me any better than anyone on the street who may not be able to afford a membership but still willing to be a supporter?
My point is, while some were berating the club on a supporters forum, others were buying memberships and taking us passed 50k.

A statement like 'I knew there was a reason I didn't renew my memberships in 2017' because of a loss in round 3, 2021. I think that speaks for its self. Half way out the door anyway.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

he's been drinking... I'd give this very ordinary thread a wide berth Bangau

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 1:53am he's been drinking... I'd give this very ordinary thread a wide berth Bangau
You done it again Firey I'm beginning to think you have this wankers list for some other reason.
He hasn't been drinking, he could use the excuse though.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

to be fair and given context

we did ... jump off
or get back in our boxes
(which is the point)

but what cannot be denied
was the mammoth supporter wide dummy spit
at being served up garbage
instead of the promised gold

over promise under deliver
always leaves a bitter taste

long story short
... under delivery is the ‘real’ culprit here

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 2:12am to be fair and given context

we did ... jump off
or get back in our boxes
(which is the point)

but what cannot be denied
was the mammoth supporter wide dummy spit
at being served up garbage
instead of the promised gold

over promise under deliver
always leaves a bitter taste

long story short
... under delivery is the ‘real’ culprit here
Its just not in me to lose my s*** over a football game. I've too much else to focus on that needs real attention, hence my stance.
I really have no pity for those who do either.
If you have the sense to walk away from something that causes you that much angst, fair enough, otherwise pick up your dummy and get back in line.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i also thought
we were gunna get smashed today

but i turned up for it regardless
... as you do
(as no doubt we all/most did)

though i did ... turn off from the afl ... for the week

thankfully they won

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Hope you are enjoying your filthy hangover CQ

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 5:14am Hope you are enjoying your filthy hangover CQ
No hangover here mate. We've already moved onto the next match. Lol.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 1:05am
Beno88 wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:56pm Responding a week late to something that should have never happened. Great win but the original post is absolutely pathetic.
by Beno88
Same. 37 years old, 32 years a member. I’m out. I don’t need this s*** in my life.

Wow, you’re that desperate.

I stand by my comments. I’ve gone every week for three decades. Like most of us, I get heavily, emotionally invested. Last week scarred me. It falls in bucket with Port 2017, Hawthorn 99, Fitzroy 95. I’m used to having our hopes destroyed, but when there’s zero effort, I can’t cop that. I’ve never taken time away from Saints games, but for my own mental health (and to the delight of my family) I’m sitting out for a few weeks. I’m as thrilled as anyone that we responded yesterday, but it doesn’t erase two of the most insipid efforts I’ve ever seen from this club.

At half time yesterday, our last 18 quarters read...
LLLLLWLWLLLLLLLLLL

Two W’s to follow is great, and let’s hope it’s the start of the form we’d hoped for, but it doesn’t change the fact that we are (based on recent form) seriously underperforming.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 1:33am
It was very much an “I’m a real supporter and you lot aren’t” OP.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 9:06am
I suppose you are right. Without saying much about my own behaviour at all, I did make a few people look like dummies sucking babies, that's ok, those supporters are welcome. Its just really about owning what you say.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 9:00am
CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 1:05am
by Beno88

Wow, you’re that desperate.

I stand by my comments. I’ve gone every week for three decades. Like most of us, I get heavily, emotionally invested. Last week scarred me. It falls in bucket with Port 2017, Hawthorn 99, Fitzroy 95. I’m used to having our hopes destroyed, but when there’s zero effort, I can’t cop that. I’ve never taken time away from Saints games, but for my own mental health (and to the delight of my family) I’m sitting out for a few weeks. I’m as thrilled as anyone that we responded yesterday, but it doesn’t erase two of the most insipid efforts I’ve ever seen from this club.

At half time yesterday, our last 18 quarters read...
LLLLLWLWLLLLLLLLLL

Two W’s to follow is great, and let’s hope it’s the start of the form we’d hoped for, but it doesn’t change the fact that we are (based on recent form) seriously underperforming.
Welcome back again. Great to see that at 37, you have many years of ups and downs to go and you are not really done and not really standing by what you say. Hmm, that didn't go anywhere did it. Welcome back anyway.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 9:30am
I suppose you are right. Without saying much about my own behaviour at all, I did make a few people look like dummies sucking babies, that's ok, those supporters are welcome. Its just really about owning what you say.
The OP reflects your own attitude, which is a judgement about the way other people responded to one of the most piss poor efforts we’ve witnessed, some of us in more than fifty years of being a supporter. I read it as superior and a bit nasty. You keep saying you’re bringing people back ‘into the fold’, but I didn’t see anything inclusive at all in your OP. It was a surprise, because I would say you’re generally very balanced and well respected on here.

For me, I’ve kept on hoping, year after year after year. Footy clubs are really selling hope, that’s their main game.
And after last week, I pretty much stopped hoping. It’s like self flagellation or banging my head against a brick wall, to just keep hoping and hoping and hoping and to have never have achieved the goal. Fifty years mate.
The disgust with last week’s effort was so intense that I had to just give it up. I’ve got more important things to do than keep banging my head against a brick wall. The cost began to clearly outweigh the benefit of clinging to hope.
That doesn’t make me or anyone else weak as piss. It’s self preservation, so primal and intense is the core of my hope that one day we will lift the cup.

Like Beno88, something broke in me last week. The boundary was crossed. I’m delighted we came back yesterday and won. Especially against f***** WCE. I can’t get the Saints out of my blood, I had a Saints jumper before I could walk.
But I reserve the right to disengage for some time when that allegiance becomes untenable, for whatever reason.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 9:57am
CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 9:30am
The OP reflects your own attitude, which is a judgement about the way other people responded to one of the most piss poor efforts we’ve witnessed, some of us in more than fifty years of being a supporter. I read it as superior and a bit nasty. You keep saying you’re bringing people back ‘into the fold’, but I didn’t see anything inclusive at all in your OP. It was a surprise, because I would say you’re generally very balanced and well respected on here.

For me, I’ve kept on hoping, year after year after year. Footy clubs are really selling hope, that’s their main game.
And after last week, I pretty much stopped hoping. It’s like self flagellation or banging my head against a brick wall, to just keep hoping and hoping and hoping and to have never have achieved the goal. Fifty years mate.
The disgust with last week’s effort was so intense that I had to just give it up. I’ve got more important things to do than keep banging my head against a brick wall. The cost began to clearly outweigh the benefit of clinging to hope.
That doesn’t make me or anyone else weak as piss. It’s self preservation, so primal and intense is the core of my hope that one day we will lift the cup.

Like Beno88, something broke in me last week. The boundary was crossed. I’m delighted we came back yesterday and won. Especially against f***** WCE. I can’t get the Saints out of my blood, I had a Saints jumper before I could walk.
But I reserve the right to disengage for some time when that allegiance becomes untenable, for whatever reason.
Very well said. I’m wondering if his account has been hacked.