How will you Celebrate Our Premiership cup this year ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Re: How will you Celebrate Our Premiership cup this year ?

Some say we won't make the eight. We have shot our bolt already. Injuries and simple game plan will have us with our faces in the sand - their heels on our neck.

Says Cox of Fox footy,

However Dixon tipped St Kilda, which was the shock 2020 bolter team that made it to a semi-final, to miss finals.

“The Saints went super well last year with their mature-age recruits and got in what they wanted. But the hardest part for that is, yes new guys come to your footy club and you play a nice brand of footy, but then maintaining it,” Dixon told foxfooty.com.au.

“I’m not saying there’s a honeymoon period, but you’ve got to have an immediate impact with the people you pick.

“Sides can work you out pretty quickly, so you’ve almost got to stay ahead one step – and smart teams can overcome that. They play a pretty direct game of footy, so there’s not a lot you don’t know about the way they play. So what they’ve built on top of that I’m intrigued to know.

“The other question is how healthy are they going to start the season after all the injuries.”

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Well there is a likkle assumption in the question. We are 14/1 at the moment so bookies think that assumption is plenty optimistic, then there are injuries which keep piling up, loss of main ruckman, hard draw and we are a couple of KPPs lite. I think I'd wildly celebrate just making the eight and hoping like billyo the footy gods excuse the hubris in the question - like tempting fate is a fraught business.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Thu 11 Mar 2021 7:38am Well there is a likkle assumption in the question ... I think I'd wildly celebrate just making the eight and hoping like billyo the footy gods excuse the hubris in the question - like tempting fate is a fraught business.
A bit of light-hearted fun. Also, it’s not as if a lack of hubris has gotten us anywhere over the years. Might as well tempt fate, there is nothing to lose ... though I do get what you are saying.

Anyway, the absence of Ryder and Marshall for the start of the season, plus injuries, will have tempered expectations a little.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

I've never considered it. I spent 1-2 minutes considering it following BJ's mark and goal in 2010. Never again. Not until the siren goes and we've won.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 11 Mar 2021 12:42am Some say we won't make the eight. We have shot our bolt already. Injuries and simple game plan will have us with our faces in the sand - their heels on our neck.

Says Cox of Fox footy,

However Dixon tipped St Kilda, which was the shock 2020 bolter team that made it to a semi-final, to miss finals.

“The Saints went super well last year with their mature-age recruits and got in what they wanted. But the hardest part for that is, yes new guys come to your footy club and you play a nice brand of footy, but then maintaining it,” Dixon told foxfooty.com.au.

“I’m not saying there’s a honeymoon period, but you’ve got to have an immediate impact with the people you pick.

“Sides can work you out pretty quickly, so you’ve almost got to stay ahead one step – and smart teams can overcome that. They play a pretty direct game of footy, so there’s not a lot you don’t know about the way they play. So what they’ve built on top of that I’m intrigued to know.

“The other question is how healthy are they going to start the season after all the injuries.”
I say f*** 'em both.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote: Thu 11 Mar 2021 9:01am I've never considered it. I spent 1-2 minutes considering it following BJ's mark and goal in 2010. Never again. Not until the siren goes and we've won.
Dittos times 100!!

In ‘09 I didn’t believe it for a moment during the game. In ‘10, yes, the door opened just enough for a crack of light for about 1-2 mins, then I heard the word ‘Maxwell’. Over.

In ‘97 I toyed with the idea until Heatley hit the post late second quarter. Bang crash..lights out again!

‘71, too young to know.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Anyway, the absence of Ryder and Marshall for the start of the season, plus injuries, will have tempered expectations a little.
true
top four then

“that’ll do pig ,
win a couple more games ‘n the jobs done”

easy peasy

+
they were 18’s
+
what would the bookies know ?

guts gains glory
so. go hard boys.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

My optimism is being chipped away

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Lets all remember that finals arent won in March, in saying that we still need to get off to a reasonable start. The difference now is it appears we have the depth to cover our current injuries. Hopefully we can get through the season without too many more significant injury blows?

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

I’m already celebrating! Wanted to get a head start on everyone.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

I know its just for fun because not a single commentary has us anywhere near the top 4 and being really generous we make the 8 just.

So living in pure fantasy land...when we win the big one....I'll paint my naked body in our glorious colours from head to toe and streak across the grand final awards ceremony.

minneapolis
Club Player

SAINT-LEE wrote: Sat 13 Mar 2021 2:22pm I know its just for fun because not a single commentary has us anywhere near the top 4 and being really generous we make the 8 just.

So living in pure fantasy land...when we win the big one....I'll paint my naked body in our glorious colours from head to toe and streak across the grand final awards ceremony.
There was a man from Australia
Who painted his arse like a dahlia
The colors were fine
Likewise the design
But the aroma, ah that was a failure.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
stevie
Saintsational Legend

My 82 year dad streaked through a flower show last week

Got second prize for best dried arrangement

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Flagpole in the front lawn - My Big Black ... Flag flowing in the wind - Happy Daze!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!