Interstate membership upgrade?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Interstate membership upgrade?

Hi Sainters,

Just a quick question to any other interstate members.

While I'm in Qld and actually benefited, at my own cost, by getting to more games, I'm wondering if anyone interstate actually got an upgrade offer. I don't believe I did.

Cheers

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Interstate membership upgrade?

Nope

I'm in Perth and just paying the direct debit thing
with no extras added.

There's obviously a strong chance the club will come to Optus next year, but what upgrade can be offered?

When the Saints came twice a coupla years ago, we got a ticket to the first game but had to pay for the second game, albeit discounted from $66 to $28 or something.

But 2021 fixture won't be out for months so who knows if we'll get 2 games in Perth?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Fri 27 Nov 2020 7:35pm Nope

I'm in Perth and just paying the direct debit thing
with no extras added.

There's obviously a strong chance the club will come to Optus next year, but what upgrade can be offered?

When the Saints came twice a coupla years ago, we got a ticket to the first game but had to pay for the second game, albeit discounted from $66 to $28 or something.

But 2021 fixture won't be out for months so who knows if we'll get 2 games in Perth?
I actually found mine. Its a complimentary Saints pass, whatever that is. You will have the same as it is listed in the benefits.

What isn't listed is the 3 games at Marvel we used to get. I'm confused. I think I'm paying $133 for a lanyard, a hat and one game in Qld?
I must have missed something???

SaintJohno
Club Player

Yeah I'm in Nthn NSW and although this year was good for us, 2019 was a good example of the norm with 0 games played at Metricon or the Gabba. Makes it a big ask to get the family memberships for $532. It would be nice if the AFL could entice people in our position by chipping in with 2 free games at the local ground (Suns games or whichever state you're in) in addition to any Saints games that we may be lucky to get. It may help to get a decent crowd at Metricon and entice more money into individual clubs.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Interstate membership.
One or two away games unless you come to Melbourne.
The only upgrade possible would seem to be if you came to Melbourne.
What do you want, business class seats on your flights.

I had overseas membership of the MCC at one stage, it simply meant I didn't drop off the list.
If I had returned from Saudi to Melbourne for a holiday maybe I could have used the membership in some manner.
But I was never going to holiday in Oz when I could holiday in Europe.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

You also have to factor in that prior to this year’s smorgasbord Saints had played once at the Gabba in seven years and on quite a few of those seasons there was no Gold Coast game either...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Sat 28 Nov 2020 12:32am Interstate membership.

I had overseas membership of the MCC at one stage, it simply meant I didn't drop off the list.
If I had returned from Saudi to Melbourne for a holiday maybe I could have used the membership in some manner.
I've purchased 5 interstate memberships for my family for 12 years. This year it has become 7 memberships with 2 new additions, a son inlaw and granddaughter joining the tribe.
We used to get 1 game in Qld and 3 games at the Docklands.
I've taken my family of 5 to Melbourne annually once or twice a year during football seasons at a cost of about $2000 a trip in flights, food, transport and accommodation to watch the footy and to see my siblings and their kids. That's not my concern.
As mentioned above, we have not had many games in Qld in 7 years, last year I got 2 freebies (home games) and paid $25 a ticket for 2 others and the finals cost me about $900 for admission.
It seems my 1 and 3 has turned into 1 and 1 and they call the game in Melbourne a loyalty reward because I can take a guest.
I've paid the money for years and never worried.
As Melbourne has reopened, I thought I'd plan some trips again, as we haven't been to Melbourne since last year. When I went looking to see what I get, I was a bit shocked.
A reward is normally free, so 1 game in Queensland is costing me $133 each for myself, my wife, my adult daughter and her partner and my 19 year old son will cost about $105. My 13 yr old gets decent value with her members pack and my grandchildren gets $40 personalised socks. I'd pay much less at the gate.

I may have missed some info, not much came yet, so I will ring the club Monday to confirm and give feedback but in the meantime I thought I'd see if anyone here could set me straight.

Thanks for your comment, it was very helpful.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

haha

i’ve always described my coin given to the club
as Wishing Well money

better than a hole in the ocean i suppose

(i run a few memberships for family as well)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
minneapolis
Club Player

Hi Ace,

what were you doing in Saudi? Tough gig isn't it (though the money is good).

My best mate worked in Saudi for 2 years as a landscaper. He said you just basically endured and banked the money until you could get out for a couple of weeks.

One time he was working on the garden of a private house. They wanted 15 mature palm trees across the back wall. He got them planted at about $25,000 each.

The owner came out and said to throw them away and get another 15 that were taller.

Cheers.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

The upgrade is more games won. Plus you get lived experienced wins when the team visits and see Messers King and Marshall in person - not enough? Ok watch Mr Hill hit Mr Membrey on the chest from 50m on the run after a 30m Crouch handball. And a scarf for the cold FNQ winters. WA supporters get to see Eagles supporters stop booing occasionally. But nothing will stop them for long of course. Unfortunately Dockers supporters will always grind their teeth after we score, but as Gladys Pork-Barrel says, its just the way things are.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Sat 28 Nov 2020 11:24am The upgrade is more games won. Plus you get lived experienced wins when the team visits and see Messers King and Marshall in person - not enough? Ok watch Mr Hill hit Mr Membrey on the chest from 50m on the run after a 30m Crouch handball. And a scarf for the cold FNQ winters. WA supporters get to see Eagles supporters stop booing occasionally. But nothing will stop them for long of course. Unfortunately Dockers supporters will always grind their teeth after we score, but as Gladys Pork-Barrel says, its just the way things are.
Lol. That's funny.

They are actually offering a fair bit. They are just underselling it and it takes tracking through some emails and then more links to work it out.
There are perks for up close contact if the guys come to visit and if we come to Melb, covid complient of course.
We all get 2 complimentary tickets to level 2 to premium seats at Docklands which means we can all go to 2 matches if we do it wisely.
Let's hope we get a Gabba and Metricon game, the Saints are pretty popular here now and I can now drop my concerns.
Not much luck lately but I've also had a good run in the Saintsational player sponsorship too with Trevor Barker award nights, match day events at Docklands and Sandy.
Good value actually. I'll exit stage left quietly now.

Sanctorum
Club Player

Hey CQ Saint: for an annual fee of $257.00 (Ultimate Interstate) I receive the following benefits:

"Complimentary access to one “away game” played in your state

Membership Pack: Lanyard, lapel pin, bumper sticker and $20 Saints Locker merchandise voucher.

Access to purchase tickets to weeks 1-3 of the 2021 Finals Series*.

Guaranteed access to purchase a Grand Final ticket**.

Inclusion into the Crest Program, our loyalty and recognition program.

Discounts on official Saints merchandise from Saints Locker.

Ability to purchase tickets to additional games played in your state*

Complimentary Saints Pass which gives you exclusive access to member experiences, inner sanctum content and partner offers."

My main objective since the mid naughties has been to be eligible to purchase tickets to the GF, and now that the team is showing vast improvement I hope that will come to pass reasonably soon!

The only beef I have with interstate membership benefits is the poor quality and choice of options of the Membership Pack, a subject that I have communicated to the club about a number of times - for example, I'm not interested in accumulating countless scarves, felt caps and crappy lanyards and have run out of kids and grandkids to give these to.

The manager of memberships did concede to me last year that it would be a good idea to offer the players' training cap, of lightweight material, which I can wear when I do the numerous fun runs my wife and I take part in every year. I assume I can put the $20 voucher towards that but would have preferred it came gratis.

On reflection, the substitution of either a scarf or felt cap with $20 voucher is bloody mean, as both these items cost more from the shop: $33.00 & $25.00 respectively, maybe I'll write in about that because that's not on :(

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
ace
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote: Sat 28 Nov 2020 6:40am

Hi Ace,

My best mate worked in Saudi for 2 years as a landscaper. He said you just basically endured and banked the money until you could get out for a couple of weeks.

One time he was working on the garden of a private house. They wanted 15 mature palm trees across the back wall. He got them planted at about $25,000 each.

The owner came out and said to throw them away and get another 15 that were taller.

Cheers.
Working as a design electrical engineer (where does the nick name "ace" really come from, hmmm)
Leading a group of third country nationals (Indians, Pakistanis, Philiipinos, Palestinians and other assorted Arab nationals).
Design of a 500 bed hospital to US standard and campus of medical support buildings, 3000 pupil girls school , 3000 pupil boys school, 1600 guest function building and 1600 guest dining hall and a host of other buildings required by a multi billionaire in the Forbes world top 50.
Even a mosque which the Arab architect planned in the wrong direction.
Only my questioning of the direction of the qibla lead to a total redesign to fit the site.
An apostate saving a muslim disaster !!!

They pay, you do.
A wise lady resident in Saudi where her husband worked had previously told me.
"You go to Saudi to work, bring two buckets, one bucket is for money, the other bucket is for s***.
When one bucket is full you leave Saudi".
My s*** bucket filled very rapidly in the last six months so I left Saudi after four and a half years.

A great life experience that those who never experience working as an expat will never have.
The expat lifestyle teaches independence, self belief and self reliance (at the end of the day the only person you can rely on is self) and to live without fear.
Plus you get to mix and work with people of all sorts of backgrounds.
You see the world as it really is, not as it is presented to tourists and in the media.
But then you probably know this given your own background.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Sat 28 Nov 2020 1:51pm

Hi Ace,

Cheers.
Working as a design electrical engineer (where does the nick name "ace" really come from, hmmm)
Leading a group of third country nationals (Indians, Pakistanis, Philiipinos, Palestinians and other assorted Arab nationals).
Design of a 500 bed hospital to US standard and campus of medical support buildings, 3000 pupil girls school , 3000 pupil boys school, 1600 guest function building and 1600 guest dining hall and a host of other buildings required by a multi billionaire in the Forbes world top 50.
Only my questioning of the direction of the qibla lead to a total redesign to fit the site.

They pay, you do.
"You go to Saudi to work, bring two buckets, one bucket is for money, the other bucket is for s***.
My s*** bucket filled very rapidly in the last six months so I left Saudi after four and a half years.

A great life experience that those who never experience working as an expat will never have.
The expat lifestyle teaches independence, self belief and self reliance (at the end of the day the only person you can rely on is self) and to live without fear (the expat creed).
You see the world as it really is, not as it is presented to tourists and in the media.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 27 Nov 2020 7:20pm Hi Sainters,

While I'm in Qld and actually benefited, at my own cost, by getting to more games, I'm wondering if anyone interstate actually got an upgrade offer. I don't believe I did.

Cheers

I understand that the 2021 Upgrade was to give something back to members who paid for a 2020 Membership, but did not get the benefits.

So as you are Qld Based Interstate Member what Membership benefits did you not get that you were meant to have ?

If the answer is that you got everything, then that would be why you did not get a 2021 Upgrade as compensation/recognition.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Sat 28 Nov 2020 2:46pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 27 Nov 2020 7:20pm Hi Sainters,

Cheers

I understand that the 2021 Upgrade was to give something back to members who paid for a 2020 Membership, but did not get the benefits.

So as you are Qld Based Interstate Member what Membership benefits did you not get that you were meant to have ?

If the answer is that you got everything, then that would be why you did not get a 2021 Upgrade as compensation/recognition.
No. We got something. My kids got seat upgrades and the adults got complimentary Saints passes.
It was stated that EVERY member would be offered upgrades free of cost.
An extra game or 2 in Melbourne would have been OK though, seeing we actually use them.

flack
Club Player

I'm on the $257 ultimate package as well in case we make the GF. It appears that if I use my $20 voucher and apply the 15% discount from the loyalty programme (21 yrs) I only have to pay $1.25 for the cap I used to get for free. But I'm in Gladstone so no free games are going to cut it anyway.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

flack wrote: Sat 28 Nov 2020 4:52pm I'm on the $257 ultimate package as well in case we make the GF. It appears that if I use my $20 voucher and apply the 15% discount from the loyalty programme (21 yrs) I only have to pay $1.25 for the cap I used to get for free. But I'm in Gladstone so no free games are going to cut it anyway.
I was told you could just get the hat, scarf or beanie in exchange for your voucher code.
Gladstone hey. We used to do the trek from Rocky to the Gabba and Metricon. Actually took holidays to go to a game, theme parks and so on. Kills 2 birds with one stone and its usually not as hot. Lol

minneapolis
Club Player

ace wrote: Sat 28 Nov 2020 1:51pm

Hi Ace,

Cheers.

They pay, you do.

The expat lifestyle teaches independence, self belief and self reliance (at the end of the day the only person you can rely on is self) and to live without fear.
Thanks. Same for me. I lived (had an apartment or a house and commuted to work) in London, Belgrade, Toronto, Beijing, Frankfurt, Shenzhen, Helsinki, Hong Kong, Canberra.

And of course Melbourne and Minneapolis.

Loved (almost) every minute of it. Worked with many amazing people in the computer industry.

You just get very open-minded and accepting of everything. Let the crap go downstream (as much as possible).

Hadn't heard about the buckets before. So apt.

My equivalent was "Life is like a s*** sandwich. The more bread you have the less s*** you have to eat."

My last 6 months in Beijing was the same as you. Time to pull the pin. Never been happier.

And because this is a footy forum Go Saints!

Cheers.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

agree whole heartedly with the sentiment "you get to see the world (PEOPLE) as it is"
and not as the media present it (including opposign other govts, & tourist bus window fleeting opinions)

So with a computing background Ace I am assuming you have some detailed spreadsheet that calculates all the possible team trades & points exchange come this time of year...
your grasp and understanding at this time of year is outstanding!

Seeya
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

and bringing it back to footy forum - yep the annual rollover memberships up north are nothing more than donations

Seeya
saintly
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 28 Nov 2020 5:10pm
flack wrote: Sat 28 Nov 2020 4:52pm I'm on the $257 ultimate package as well in case we make the GF. It appears that if I use my $20 voucher and apply the 15% discount from the loyalty programme (21 yrs) I only have to pay $1.25 for the cap I used to get for free. But I'm in Gladstone so no free games are going to cut it anyway.
I was told you could just get the hat, scarf or beanie in exchange for your voucher code.
Gladstone hey. We used to do the trek from Rocky to the Gabba and Metricon. Actually took holidays to go to a game, theme parks and so on. Kills 2 birds with one stone and its usually not as hot. Lol
That's what I got told as well. The $20 vouchers covers the
cap or scarf.