Treloar

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Treloar

fugazi wrote: Fri 13 Nov 2020 4:45pm Check out this joker

Absolutely brilliant Fugazi

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
Josh Battle
Club Player

SAINT-LEE wrote: Wed 11 Nov 2020 5:59pm
I can’t see us affording Treloar...Pies offered $350k in yr 1 and $275k yr 2-3, $250k yr 4-5 and no picks or players.
It’s clear that Collingwood are paying up to a third of Adam’s salary. The Doggies were the big winners from the trade period

What could have been if we’d secured Treloar...I’m seriously pissed off that we couldn’t sell Dunny, Jimmy or Lonie

If we didn’t offer such huge contracts to Hill and Dan Hannebery, perhaps we could have squeezed him in

I wonder if we’d have gone as hard for Crouch if we knew that Adam was going to be available?

It’ll be interesting to compare Brad Crouch next year with the output from Treloar.

It’ll be interesting to see if Luke Dunstan, Jack Lonie, Dylan Roberton and Jimmy Webster can get regular games

Hannas and Hill need to play significant roles for the Saints to secure another finals berth in 2021 or else

They better perform or they will have the Saintsational mob venting here on a weekly basis!!

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Josh Battle wrote: Sat 14 Nov 2020 12:39pm
I can’t see us affording Treloar...Pies offered $350k in yr 1 and $275k yr 2-3, $250k yr 4-5 and no picks or players.
It’s clear that Collingwood are paying up to a third of Adam’s salary. The Doggies were the big winners from the trade period

What could have been if we’d secured Treloar...I’m seriously pissed off that we couldn’t sell Dunny, Jimmy or Lonie

If we didn’t offer such huge contracts to Hill and Dan Hannebery, perhaps we could have squeezed him in

I wonder if we’d have gone as hard for Crouch if we knew that Adam was going to be available?

It’ll be interesting to compare Brad Crouch next year with the output from Treloar.

It’ll be interesting to see if Luke Dunstan, Jack Lonie, Dylan Roberton and Jimmy Webster can get regular games

Hannas and Hill need to play significant roles for the Saints to secure another finals berth in 2021 or else

They better perform or they will have the Saintsational mob venting here on a weekly basis!!
If we hadn't offered "such huge" contracts to Hannas and Hill - they most likely would be at other clubs and we would still be struggling in the lower end of the middle rung clubs. I've grown tired of posters pissing on the shoes of the likes of Dunstan, Lonie, Roberton and Webster. It's called depth. The same strength that has allowed us to obtain the likes of Butler and Higgins from Richmond and, for that matter, release Hind for greater opportunities at Essendon. I value the depth we have now after years of wading in the shallows.

Saint supporter since '62
Josh Battle
Club Player

Trev from the Bush wrote: Sat 14 Nov 2020 12:51pm

If we hadn't offered "such huge" contracts to Hannas and Hill - they most likely would be at other clubs and we would still be struggling in the lower end of the middle rung clubs.
That’s debatable. The change off field (Ratts/Roughy/Rath) coupled with the growth of Steele, Coff, Clark, Long, Battle and the inclusions of other players have had more of an impact on our win loss ratio than the additions of Hannas and Hill...imo

I’d go so far as to say Hannas wasn’t the catalyst that some people claim him to be, that supposedly got the ball rolling with players wanting to come to St Kilda. We basically offered people like Howard, Jones, Butler and Ryder the opportunities that they wanted and the roles that they wanted.

Ratten has been more influential and he was the magnet. We also offered Howard, Jones and Butler more money than they were on.

The role that Hill performs is important, but he’s replaceable in my opinion because he relies on receiving the footy from others far too much. Hannas and his lack of games due to his soft tissue injuries has been conveniently forgotten with the fantastic efforts of the team this year, and the terrific position we find ourselves as a whole club, but it remains a problem. I wonder if he is doing anything over the summer to strengthen his legs?
I’ve grown tired of posters pissing on the shoes of the likes of Dunstan, Lonie, Roberton and Webster. It's called depth. The same strength that has allowed us to obtain the likes of Butler and Higgins from Richmond and, for that matter, release Hind for greater opportunities at Essendon. I value the depth we have now after years of wading in the shallows.
I agree with that. I don’t think Dunny or Jimmy will be out of place if they get senior games and get back to their best
Last edited by Josh Battle on Sat 14 Nov 2020 1:31pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Sat 14 Nov 2020 9:45am
fugazi wrote: Fri 13 Nov 2020 4:45pm Check out this joker

Absolutely brilliant Fugazi
You took the words right out of my mouth. :wink:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

They will anyway. Not happy unless they are denigrating some poor player. Not sure who it will be next year. Poor Seb probably with Billings not far behind. :roll: :roll: :roll:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Dogs big winners in trade period.

On the surface yes, but this could easily go pear shaped like their pick ups of last season.

Martin looked well below what he used to be this year. Next year he may be worse again.

If they play him and English do they sit out a key forward or play one less mid?

If they play English as a forward then Martin as No 1 ruck is a minor upgrade on English.

If they play one less mid then that hurts their rotations.

The Dogs were already chock full of good mids and so unless Treloar has retained his pace he may not really improve them as their midfield was pretty good anyway.

And then maybe he is not really overgoing hammies and there may or may not be interpersonal issues.

On the other hand Treloar may add midfield breakaway dash that they have lacked and Martin may may 34 surprise.

The irony too with Martin is that perhaps he squeezes Bruce out of the 22.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sat 14 Nov 2020 2:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Crouch wanted to join us, cost us a 4/5 year contract. Higgins cost us bugger all. Treloar may play well, he may want to prove a point, he may break down. It's done, we had a plan for now and seems like we have a plan for next year & beyond.

We are infinitely better with Hannebery & Hill at the club, their salaries will lessen. I'd rather be us now than us anytime post 2013 to 2019.

I liken this to bemoaning losing Bruce because he wanted a longer deal & more money. Best thing we never did!!!

The ones who are depth now were our best 22 a couple of years ago. What's that rear view mirror thingo & grass is greener thingo & letting coblers coble thingo???

Bring on 2021, bring on our 2nd flag!!!

ace
Saintsational Legend

If we hadn't offered "such huge" contracts to Hannas and Hill - they most likely would be at other clubs and we would still be struggling in the lower end of the middle rung clubs. I've grown tired of posters pissing on the shoes of the likes of Dunstan, Lonie, Roberton and Webster. It's called depth. The same strength that has allowed us to obtain the likes of Butler and Higgins from Richmond and, for that matter, release Hind for greater opportunities at Essendon. I value the depth we have now after years of wading in the shallows.
A top clubs depth is a bottom clubs best 22.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 14 Nov 2020 1:48pm Crouch wanted to join us, cost us a 4/5 year contract. Higgins cost us bugger all. Treloar may play well, he may want to prove a point, he may break down. It's done, we had a plan for now and seems like we have a plan for next year & beyond.

We are infinitely better with Hannebery & Hill at the club, their salaries will lessen. I'd rather be us now than us anytime post 2013 to 2019.

I liken this to bemoaning losing Bruce because he wanted a longer deal & more money. Best thing we never did!!!

The ones who are depth now were our best 22 a couple of years ago. What's that rear view mirror thingo & grass is greener thingo & letting coblers coble thingo???

Bring on 2021, bring on our 2nd flag!!!

Yes best depth we have ever had combined with a better first 22. Competition for first 22 spots will be huge.

Virtually all of our players will be either the same or better in 2021. Geary maybe not. Ryder I think has at least one good year left in him. Maybe two.

King and Howard will both hopefully hit the weights room. Ryder to reach Marshall how to palm better. Coffield, Clark and Gresh to all be better. Paton the quiet achiever as is Battle.

Long still raw but was a lot better this year in defence.

If Clark does become a mid in 2021 then we have good options in Long, Webster and Savage.

Hannas has not be a regular and so if he can be that would be the cherry on the top.

Bytel in the wings.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

No one else wanted Hannerbry, which makes it even more puzzling why we overpaid so much for him.

Many people said it didn’t matter because it’s not like we have anyone else to pay. Fast forward to 2020 when a big fish is there waiting to be scooped up on the cheap but we can’t take advantage due to no room in the salary cap... 🤦‍♂️

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
lewdogs
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sat 14 Nov 2020 3:17pm

No one else wanted Hannerbry, which makes it even more puzzling why we overpaid so much for him.

Many people said it didn’t matter because it’s not like we have anyone else to pay. Fast forward to 2020 when a big fish is there waiting to be scooped up on the cheap but we can’t take advantage due to no room in the salary cap... 🤦‍♂️
The reason they wouldn't have wanted to take on Treloar is it's a five year contract. It's about future deals that we'll need to sign for guys like King, Coffield and Clark who will become stars.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Pies shop online has the 2021 calendar
You can get it elsewhere too
https://www.bigw.com.au/product/afl-col ... /p/106117/

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Sun 15 Nov 2020 10:50am Pies shop online has the 2021 calendar
You can get it elsewhere too
https://www.bigw.com.au/product/afl-col ... /p/106117/
I'll give them a future 7th rounder for it, provided they purchase all of it. You never know when there'll be another toilet paper shortage.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

lewdogs wrote: Sun 15 Nov 2020 10:47am
The_Dud wrote: Sat 14 Nov 2020 3:17pm

The reason they wouldn't have wanted to take on Treloar is it's a five year contract. It's about future deals that we'll need to sign for guys like King, Coffield and Clark who will become stars.
They didn’t seem to have a problem signing an older (and injury prone) Hannerbry to a 5 year deal.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

done too much good in drafting/trading in the last few years to criticise, but hanners stands out as the one big mistake. oh well, it is what it is.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
asiu
Saintsational Legend

haha at the calendar
... the collectors will swoop on that !!

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: Sun 15 Nov 2020 11:43am done too much good in drafting/trading in the last few years to criticise, but hanners stands out as the one big mistake. oh well, it is what it is.
If we can keep Hannas on the park in 2021 and 2022, now that we look to have assembled a good team that mistake may turn out to not be one.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

We dodged a bullet with Treloar...

...got it from a very reliable source that he was a nightmare in the hub this year. the words used were "he is uncoachable".

Apart from freeing up cap space, the Pies were concerned that if Treloar was that bad in lockdown, he may not deal well with being away from his family again in 2021, whether it be another lockdown scenario or just for the fact that his wife and kid will be on the GC for most of next season.

His team mates had had enough of him.

I reckon we got wind of this and backed away. Funny thing is, we got rid of Bruce for similar reasons, now they're both together at the Dogs. Bevo will have his hands full next year.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Leo.J wrote: Mon 16 Nov 2020 8:52am We dodged a bullet with Treloar...

...got it from a very reliable source that he was a nightmare in the hub this year. the words used were "he is uncoachable".

Apart from freeing up cap space, the Pies were concerned that if Treloar was that bad in lockdown, he may not deal well with being away from his family again in 2021, whether it be another lockdown scenario or just for the fact that his wife and kid will be on the GC for most of next season.

I reckon we got wind of this and backed away. Funny thing is, we got rid of Bruce for similar reasons, now they're both together at the Dogs. Bevo will have his hands full next year.
I’ve wondered a lot over the last 10 days what “Uncoachable” means in the context of Treloar. Is it that he doesn’t take direction, feedback, selfish, unselfish? Weird

Go you red, black & white warriors
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Sun 15 Nov 2020 6:44pm
desertsaint wrote: Sun 15 Nov 2020 11:43am done too much good in drafting/trading in the last few years to criticise, but hanners stands out as the one big mistake. oh well, it is what it is.
If we can keep Hannas on the park in 2021 and 2022, now that we look to have assembled a good team that mistake may turn out to not be one.
🤞

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Saintmatt wrote: Mon 16 Nov 2020 12:44pm

I’ve wondered a lot over the last 10 days what “Uncoachable” means in the context of Treloar. Is it that he doesn’t take direction, feedback, selfish, unselfish? Weird
All of the above except unselfish apparently...

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Netball season goes for 3 months. Apparently.
'Most of next season'?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
asiu
Saintsational Legend

I’ve wondered a lot over the last 10 days what “Uncoachable” means in the context of Treloar.
yea me 3

possibly its ... he wont take direction on dealing with his
anxiety / depressive issues

having been rancidly depressed
i can understand that
... if it is that

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Mon 16 Nov 2020 12:44pm

So I have known a Collingwood "medical" staff member for many, many years, and though he would not comment on this specific topic (Adam hard to coach) and he would not break ranks as he is close with the head coach, he did say "Adam is a very honest, decent but sometimes very emotional young man who wears his heart on his sleeve, but is EXTREMELY popular within the playing group".

To me that statement reads the senior players did not want him gone and he is not lying when he comments to the media. Guess its what everyone suspects as well.

Plenty of players shaft their club but this has to be the worst case i can recall of a club hanging a guy out there.

Worst part for mine is to do it to a young guy who they know battles emotionally, there is really no human care factor in what has transpired. Hopefully when it comes to recruiting Collingwood are tarnished as a destination for the next decade and beyond.

A big lesson for our club when players like Hannebery & Hill are signed on big bucks and are currently not in our best 10 players. Doubt we will be dangling any big bucks until Hannebery contract is over and we outlive the legacy of the McKenzie, Robbo, Webster, Kent contracts to players who are not best 22 players.

Cash is going to be required for Clark, Coff, Paton, King and I'd expect 2 year extensions to be the normal moving forward.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.