Dangerfield cleared

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Dangerfield cleared

WTF how does this guy get off ?. I thought If you hit someone in the head & the other takes no further part in the game no matter if it was accidental or not it is still a 2 or 3 week penalty. Ben Long must be shaking his head in disbelief I know I am : :evil:

longtimesaint
Club Player

Re: Dangerfield cleared

There was clearly two actions which was at least careless.
Ben would have got 4 weeks

One year will be our year
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Reckless/Intentional; severe impact; head injury = 2 matches every day of the week; discounted by Brownlow medal winner and AFL poster boy status. Nothing to see here, no time for an AA in peak mental and physical condition to adjust, you see. Is every bloody Australian institution corrupt? Maybe not the Salvos, firefighters and para medics. It is a farce, but sadly so predictable. Hocking and Gil could do a great public service by moving on. Its a pity the footy public can't appeal to an independent judge of the event. So here we are again having to rely on the Kama bus - which can be quite balanced in its outcomes. I am sure Ben L is well aware that life was not meant to be fair.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Sun 25 Oct 2020 7:18pm Reckless/Intentional; severe impact; head injury = 2 matches every day of the week; discounted by Brownlow medal winner and AFL poster boy status. Nothing to see here, no time for an AA in peak mental and physical condition to adjust, you see. Is every bloody Australian institution corrupt? Maybe not the Salvos, firefighters and para medics. It is a farce, but sadly so predictable. Hocking and Gil could do a great public service by moving on. Its a pity the footy public can't appeal to an independent judge of the event. So here we are again having to rely on the Kama bus - which can be quite balanced in its outcomes. I am sure Ben L is well aware that life was not meant to be fair.
Bill Gates: Life isn't fair, get used to it.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Superboot
SS Life Member

Outrageous decision, but totally predictable.

About time someone did a Grant Thomas and took these decisions to the AFL. Perhaps a consortium of coaches would be best so that we couldn’t be singled out for the inevitable repercussions.

Saintly66
Club Player

Is anyone actually surprised? Protected species, media’s love child. Wish big Lazar was playing last night for Richmond would have knocked that pansy out.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Maybe the AFL Players Association could take these decisions to the AFL.
Players are the victims of these incidents / concussions.
Maybe the AFLPA President, Mr Patrick Dangerfield could take the case up with the AFL.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
johnearljames
Club Player

Had a very poor game. 12 posessions. Choked in the big time.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

They should outsource the tribunal. Train people off shore with no allegiances on the rules and let them decide. Make it a neutral be a blind process.

Yes, very much poster boy, maybe considered as future AFL suit is Dangerfield.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

He punched the ball and .035 of a second later had impact.
Had no time to drop his arm at all.

Whether he is a protected species or saints supporters are biased or have a persecution complex is irrelevant, in this instance he was going for the ball.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

expected he would be cleared

for the same reasons given by MRO

saint4life
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 25 Oct 2020 8:41pm He punched the ball and .035 of a second later had impact.
I knew he would be cleared - but if he had kept his fist going in the direction of the ball it would have been a glancing blow - instead he 'cocked' and made sure the hit was felt!

That is assuming that he made a decision to 'bump'.

Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Sun 25 Oct 2020 8:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 25 Oct 2020 8:50pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 25 Oct 2020 8:41pm He punched the ball and .035 of a second later had impact.
I knew he would be cleared - but if he had kept his fist going in the direction of the ball it would have been a glancing blow - instead he 'cocked' and made sure the hit was felt!
Disagree SD, can't see what else he could have done in that situation with the time he had to react/brace.
IMO the intent was to go for the ball and the clash was a consequence of that action.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 25 Oct 2020 8:55pm
Disagree SD, can't see what else he could have done in that situation with the time he had to react/brace.
IMO the intent was to go for the ball and the clash was a consequence of that action.
I have reviewed it - and probably he did not 'c**k' the elbow = see above.

Consequences were bad - possibly a reaction to protect himself.

Would rather see him get off though and cheap shots like Lynch punished TBF. That was a clear intention action with his knee

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
suss
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 25 Oct 2020 8:57pm

Would rather see him get off though and cheap shots like Lynch punished TBF.
IMO there were definitely two actions, and he could’ve tucked his arm in and protected himself in the short amount of time he had.

Entirely predictable outcome.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 25 Oct 2020 8:57pm

Would rather see him get off though and cheap shots like Lynch punished TBF. That was a clear intention action with his knee
Agree, Lynch crap should not be tolerated, that soft @rse s*** should be penalised.
Dangerfield was a high speed accident IMO.
Ben Long was very little in it but his intention was clearly the man not the ball.

Saint 58
Club Player

Whether he is a protected species or saints supporters are biased or have a persecution complex is irrelevant, in this instance he was going for the ball.
But he had time to bend his arm ??

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
saintbob
SS Life Member

The right decision if Danger was suspended for that, I would never watch the game again.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Saint 58 wrote: Sun 25 Oct 2020 9:47pm

Are you suggesting the hit was intentional?
I believe it was accidental in the process of going for the ball.

Saint 58
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 25 Oct 2020 9:54pm

No - not intentional but if he had time to bend his arm then he had time to drop his arm to shirtfront him
Suspension warranted clearly (times 2 for a GF)
Any “non star” of the game would be cited, suspended

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

See I don’t mind it but in the context of what happened with Long it’s irritating.

Long got a week for an incident where the player got up within seconds and played the game out.

In this instance the player was struck in the head, stretchered off and didn’t return .

I don’t mind the fact that this instance was cleared... but Long was only worth a free kick

Leo.J
SS Life Member

It’s not the 1980’s.

You used to be able to clean someone up with a bump. You used to be allowed to protect yourself with your knee and your foot.

You used to be allowed to come back on the ground after being knocked out. You used to be allowed to square up.

The head is apparently sacrosanct now, unless you’re Danger then you’re allowed to lead with your elbow and knock someone out. If the AFL are consistent then you shouldn’t be allowed to do that.

I miss all the rough stuff, but it’s not about that, times have changed. There’s no logic or consistency with this shite.

Cordz2
Club Player

shanegrambeau wrote: Sun 25 Oct 2020 8:37pm They should outsource the tribunal. Train people off shore with no allegiances on the rules and let them decide. Make it a neutral be a blind process.

Yes, very much poster boy, maybe considered as future AFL suit is Dangerfield.
I like that idea

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

If he had time to bend his arm then he had time to drop his arm - his action was clearly careless and it knocked a player out

If its another player they would been suspended no matter the result

If Geelong won the game Dangerfield most likely would have been suspended

Another maddening inconsistent decision by the MRP

The Saints could only ever wish to be so lucky

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Saint 58 wrote: Sun 25 Oct 2020 9:58pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 25 Oct 2020 9:54pm

No - not intentional but if he had time to bend his arm then he had time to drop his arm to shirtfront him
Suspension warranted clearly (times 2 for a GF)
Any “non star” of the game would be cited, suspended
You’re joking surely. Slo mo makes what is a complete accident actually look deliberate. So Danger should have lowered his arm in a split second and allowed himself to be ironed out by Vlaustin who was charging straight at him? Get real. He basically kept his arm up as a reflex response to protect himself as any person would if they had someone in their face and a split second to react.

It was an unfortunate collision but I would have been more worried for our game if he was suspended than anything else that happened this year