Seb Ross

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Yallingupsaints
Club Player

Seb Ross

Very average footballer flick him off while he still has currency. Got pantsed by Kelly for most of the game and had a chance to go inboard in the last and chose a lolly pop kick to an outnumber on the boundary. No awareness no skill.
Seen in time and time again over the years. Apparently he’s our best player going by recent f&b. Would be lucky to make it as a starting midfielder in any team in the 8. Please someone make an offer🙏🏿

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Re: Seb Ross

Yallingupsaints wrote: Fri 11 Sep 2020 1:40am Very average footballer flick him off while he still has currency. Got pantsed by Kelly for most of the game and had a chance to go inboard in the last and chose a lolly pop kick to an outnumber on the boundary. No awareness no skill.
Seen in time and time again over the years. Apparently he’s our best player going by recent f&b. Would be lucky to make it as a starting midfielder in any team in the 8. Please someone make an offer🙏🏿
Best of luck with that. There'll be no others. Previously - a GCS would've gobbled him up for experience value. Not any more though - I'd give my left nut to swap even Greenwood for Ross. FFS. We're a paddlin' if he's still getting a game next year - we need better disposal; not Seb level.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

And yet I've seen him play wonderful games over the years, where his disposal was efficient.
I think it's his game awareness that is the cause of his disposal problems - and they've been terrible this season.
He absolutely butchers nearly all his kicks and most of his handballs place the receiver of those handballs in jeopardy, IMHO.

Cordz2
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote: Fri 11 Sep 2020 3:10pm And yet I've seen him play wonderful games over the years, where his disposal was efficient.
I think it's his game awareness that is the cause of his disposal problems - and they've been terrible this season.
He absolutely butchers nearly all his kicks and most of his handballs place the receiver of those handballs in jeopardy, IMHO.
It's strange because I don't remember Ross being that bad a few years ago. You're right though - lazy kick and lazy handballer. There's a bit of a pattern from Richo's Saints. Bruce is getting bagged for similar traits at the Bulldogs. Newnes was terrible but has somehow become a goalkicker at Carlton. Steven gets bagged by cats fans about his disposal. Gresham's disposal has gotten worse in the last few years. Dunstan can't kick, Billings is the worst kick for someone recruited for it. Geary's kicking ability has dropped year on year. Wilkies kicking was bad last night.
We seem to have set a low bar for disposal that has become detrimental to careers.

Laurie
Club Player

Could we also throw Billings in the mix of moving on?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Seb epitomises the Richo era St Kilda that we want to move on from.

Slow, not highly skilled, not much composure, loves just banging it on the boot, can find the ball but doesn’t hurt the opposition much.

Clear out the plodders and bring in more higher skilled, attacking, damaging players.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

Seb plays like the outstanding kid you see playing in the under 14s.

At that level, it’s all about banging it on the boot and gaining territory.

Not good enough in the AFL.

Look what happened when he tried a little dink to Hill with minutes to go against WC. Ball went sailing over Hill’s head and out of bounds