Saints v dogs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Saints v dogs

Apologies if it’s been posted previously but we’re playing the dogs.

Good match up - I’m happy with that. Whilst the season is completely upside down batshit cray cray this is still a good litmus test for where we are at. Lotta punters were on the dogs to rise pre covid

Let’s see how we fair

Go saints

#1 Ryder fan
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints v dogs

Hoping it’s a Saturday game

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

The team with the most singles guys will have the advantage.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Hope Bruce plays.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Mon 25 May 2020 8:08am Hoping it’s a Saturday game
Looks like it will be Sunday

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Mon 25 May 2020 10:49am
saintspremiers wrote: Mon 25 May 2020 8:08am Hoping it’s a Saturday game
Looks like it will be Sunday
As a cost cutting measure apparently the AFL have been negotiating with the Government to add an eighth day to the Gregorian Callander to schedule the Saints games on.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah ffs.

Even without crowds we get the f****** Sunday twilight.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Does the time slot really matter as much these days? Unless it’s a prime time night game, what’s the difference between Sunday twilight or Saturday 2pm?

Special
Club Player

bigred wrote: Mon 25 May 2020 11:46am Yeah ffs.

Even without crowds we get the f****** Sunday twilight.
MMM said Sunday night, which would rate better than twilight - good for our sponsors.

I hope Sunday night becomes a regular slot in the no crowd at games era - they should add Monday night also during this weird time.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Round three

ROUND 3

Thursday June 18

Richmond vs Hawthorn, MCG, 7:40pm

Friday June 19

Western Bulldogs vs GWS Giants, Marvel Stadium, 7:50pm

Saturday June 20

North Melbourne vs Sydney Swans, Marvel Stadium, 1:45pm

Collingwood vs St Kilda, MCG, 4:35pm

Geelong Cats vs Carlton, GMHBA, 7:40pm

Brisbane Lions vs West Coast Eagles, Gabba, 7:40pm

StPeter
Club Player

None of the next 4 games on free to air TV.

Terrible time slots.

We have been shafted again!

Secret Kiel
Club Player

StPeter wrote: Mon 25 May 2020 7:18pm None of the next 4 games on free to air TV.

Terrible time slots.

Murdoch would have pulled rank and demanded the fixture be geared exclusively to help Fox from going broke. The Mickey Mouse cup will be corrupt to the core.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 25 May 2020 8:40pm
StPeter wrote: Mon 25 May 2020 7:18pm None of the next 4 games on free to air TV.

Terrible time slots.

Murdoch would have pulled rank and demanded the fixture be geared exclusively to help Fox from going broke. The Mickey Mouse cup will be corrupt to the core.
Pffft, Murdoch is small-fry, he’s just bowing to his masters.

Every free-thinker can see the Rothschild’s and Illuminati (big GWS fans) are pushing their night Grand Final agenda (It’s well documented GWS play better at night) by tanking the day football spectacle and pushing all the blockbusters and top teams to night games, softening up the football public to be more accepting of a move to the night GF in 2020 (done deal), and ushering in a GWS (AFL/Rothschild/Illuminati love child) era which opens the door to moving foundation Victorian clubs interstate, the AFL’s obvious endgame.

Look into it.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

seriously cant believe the first round back after all this s*** isn't on free to air. also best ad fox could have got. give everyone a quick taste of what they've been missing.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Terrible time slots.

Situation normal. Collingwood will play about 3 non free to air / non prime time games and we've copped one.
Another fact COVID-19 will be blamed for, a corrupt, compromised and shameless (shambolic) AFL. We'd crossed that bridge decades before bat soup was served at empty stadiums.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Mon 25 May 2020 10:01pm

Terrible time slots.

Situation normal. Collingwood will play about 3 non free to air / non prime time games and we've copped one.
Another fact COVID-19 will be blamed for, a corrupt, compromised and shameless (shambolic) AFL. We'd crossed that bridge decades before bat soup was served at empty stadiums.

Fox is stuggling big time and was before COVID-19.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 25 May 2020 9:42pm

Terrible time slots.

Pffft, Murdoch is small-fry, he’s just bowing to his masters.

Every free-thinker can see the Rothschild’s and Illuminati (big GWS fans) are pushing their night Grand Final agenda (It’s well documented GWS play better at night) by tanking the day football spectacle and pushing all the blockbusters and top teams to night games, softening up the football public to be more accepting of a move to the night GF in 2020 (done deal), and ushering in a GWS (AFL/Rothschild/Illuminati love child) era which opens the door to moving foundation Victorian clubs interstate, the AFL’s obvious endgame.

Look into it.

f****** bulls***., :roll:

BarryGrogan
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Mon 25 May 2020 1:15pm Does the time slot really matter as much these days? Unless it’s a prime time night game, what’s the difference between Sunday twilight or Saturday 2pm?
It's a good point. People aren't going to show up regardless!

Although this does give an insight into which time slots and which clubs draw the most eyeballs to the TV. This fixture is solely about maximisation obviously, as the AFL tries to claw back the cash it's lost.

So playing the Bulldogs on a Sunday arvo makes it very clear where we stand in the scheme of things.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Terrible time slots.

The AFL would be driving a 'maximised' fixture harder than anyone.

The next TV rights deal will potentially determine the fate of the game.

We may never, ever be allowed to attend packed stadiums again. Footy may become a 'TV sport' like rugby league.

So the AFL need to prove to the potential buyers that people still watch it on TV when there are no crowds.

The AFL have clearly stacked it accordingly.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Tue 26 May 2020 8:56am
The_Dud wrote: Mon 25 May 2020 1:15pm Does the time slot really matter as much these days? Unless it’s a prime time night game, what’s the difference between Sunday twilight or Saturday 2pm?

Although this does give an insight into which time slots and which clubs draw the most eyeballs to the TV. This fixture is solely about maximisation obviously, as the AFL tries to claw back the cash it's lost.

So playing the Bulldogs on a Sunday arvo makes it very clear where we stand in the scheme of things.
We are playing prime time Sunday night at 6.05pm perfect time slot.

Personally I’m delighted our first 4 games are on Foxtel - far prefer that to channel 7’s rubbish coverage, plus they may be in 4K.

Pre COVID if you didn’t have Kayo/Foxtel you weren’t a true footy fan.

If you’ve cancelled Kayo or Foxtel, just re-sign now

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Tue 26 May 2020 9:04am

Terrible time slots.

The AFL would be driving a 'maximised' fixture harder than anyone.

The next TV rights deal will potentially determine the fate of the game.

We may never, ever be allowed to attend packed stadiums again. Footy may become a 'TV sport' like rugby league.

So the AFL need to prove to the potential buyers that people still watch it on TV when there are no crowds.

The AFL have clearly stacked it accordingly.
Rubbish, we are highly likely to be able to attend games this year IMHFO.

Don’t get caught up in the COVID hysteria - there is hardly any community transmission and very few new cases ending up in hospital, so the virus isn’t a strong variant in the community due to the extremely minimal community transmission

BarryGrogan
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote: Tue 26 May 2020 9:09am
BarryGrogan wrote: Tue 26 May 2020 8:56am

We are playing prime time Sunday night at 6.05pm perfect time slot.

Personally I’m delighted our first 4 games are on Foxtel - far prefer that to channel 7’s rubbish coverage, plus they may be in 4K.

Pre COVID if you didn’t have Kayo/Foxtel you weren’t a true footy fan.

If you’ve cancelled Kayo or Foxtel, just re-sign now
I think you're missing the point.

The AFL invest heavily in big data analytics and have for some time. They don't guess as to what people like to watch, they know.

Everything you talk about, like, read, listen to, browse, comment on or watch online - the AFL knows. They pay for the data.

This is why everyone hates the game and the AFL - yet they take in millions every year.

There's a difference what you say, and what you do. The AFL knows what you do - which is the important part.

I'm not complaining about the fixture. I couldn't care less. But there's no doubt that it's maximised to get as many eyes on the TV nationally as possible. And I don't really blame to be honest.

I'd be shocked if the AFL's analytics department came running in to a board meeting one day and said "wait! Stop! The biggest timeslot is Sunday arvo on Foxtel! So let's put the Saints and Bulldogs in there as they're the biggest TV audience drawers!"

But you may be right - in a pandemic the habits and preferences of viewers may be different? Maybe Sunday arvo will be more popular thsn before? Who knows?

One thing you can be sure of though, the AFL will be the first to know.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote: Tue 26 May 2020 9:11am

Don’t get caught up in the COVID hysteria - there is hardly any community transmission and very few new cases ending up in hospital, so the virus isn’t a strong variant in the community due to the extremely minimal community transmission
I am caught up in it.

I have been told I can't go back to the office this year realistically, as they aren't able to facilitate social distancing for any more than 20% of the workplace.

They're hoping that will be up to 50% later in the year. The other 50% just have to keep working from home.

The only way that will change is if a vaccine is developed, if the virus is eradicated entirely or if the government just give up and ditch social distancing altogether.

I think large crowds at sportomg events will be the same.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Tue 26 May 2020 9:35am

I am caught up in it.

I have been told I can't go back to the office this year realistically, as they aren't able to facilitate social distancing for any more than 20% of the workplace.

They're hoping that will be up to 50% later in the year. The other 50% just have to keep working from home.

The only way that will change is if a vaccine is developed, if the virus is eradicated entirely or if the government just give up and ditch social distancing altogether.

I feel for you Baz, as someone who has always tried to separate work from home (except what I mentally take home) I'd hate to have both in the same place.

I'm a little more optimistic and believe normality in terms of people movement returning well before the end of the year.

To my thinking it is the one good thing to come from Cedar Meats, from its first positive on April the 2nd, only 100 further positives by the middle of May and all from within that business. I would have expected it to have been much higher through the residential communities of those infected.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 26 May 2020 9:55am
BarryGrogan wrote: Tue 26 May 2020 9:35am

I am caught up in it.

I feel for you Baz, as someone who has always tried to separate work from home (except what I mentally take home) I'd hate to have both in the same place.

I'm a little more optimistic and believe normality in terms of people movement returning well before the end of the year.

To my thinking it is the one good thing to come from Cedar Meats, from its first positive on April the 2nd, only 100 further positives by the middle of May and all from within that business. I would have expected it to have been much higher through the residential communities of those infected.
Nailed it re Cedar Meats.

Dictator Dan has overreacted and is now tying to claw back some of the damage he’s done.

There are still some stupid rules - like only 50 people at the Melbourne Zoo come June 22, yet we could have 500 in a big supermarket throughout, and the Zoo is outside!

The big overreaction was warranted in early April but clearly not now and even now we are very heavily restricted relative to the real risk.