Ratten might be just the man to bring out best in Dunstan

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Ratten might be just the man to bring out best in Dunstan

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ratten might be just the man to bring out best in Dunstan

Great article.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I reckon the players will be glad that they now have a coach that will allow them to play their natural game. Richo was too much about structure and role players which made the Saints too predictable.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Sat 07 Mar 2020 5:55pm I reckon the players will be glad that they now have a coach that will allow them to play their natural game. Richo was too much about structure and role players which made the Saints too predictable.
Evidently the flosser tosser was far more controlling at Freo than even Richo was at the Saints.

Neither let the players play their natural game.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 07 Mar 2020 6:12pm
magnifisaint wrote: Sat 07 Mar 2020 5:55pm I reckon the players will be glad that they now have a coach that will allow them to play their natural game. Richo was too much about structure and role players which made the Saints too predictable.
Evidently the flosser tosser was far more controlling at Freo than even Richo was at the Saints.

So basically they were not good enough to deliver. Obviously Cho was up against it with a mediocre list...

Tosser inherited lists that were ready made for finals; had already played in prelims (Saints played 2 and Freo had palyeed off off in 1 prelim before he arrived); both teams were choc full of AA talent; and Tosser kept making the same mistakes with the lack of an attacking game plan which ultimately cost us 2 flags

I called it with my very first post on the forum

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 08 Mar 2020 4:46am

So basically they were not good enough to deliver. Obviously Cho was up against it with a mediocre list...

Tosser inherited lists that were ready made for finals; had already played in prelims (Saints played 2 and Freo had palyeed off off in 1 prelim before he arrived); both teams were choc full of AA talent; and Tosser kept making the same mistakes with the lack of an attacking game plan which ultimately cost us 2 flags

WoW your predictions sound more accurate than Paul the Octopus. What's your call on Brett Ratten.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Sun 08 Mar 2020 8:52am

WoW your predictions sound more accurate than Paul the Octopus. What's your call on Brett Ratten.
Wow

Another smartalec waste of time post by a know it all turdmuncher. What a surprise

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Sun 08 Mar 2020 8:52am

Wow

Another smartalec waste of time post by a know it all turdmuncher. What a surprise

<1 day ban for commenting negatively on another poster>

takeaway
Club Player

You "called" what ? "Called it" tends to mean you predicted something correctly. Your opinion only, many would disagree. I think your views are more the premise of the basic sports fan ' if we win, congratulate the players, if we lose, blame the coach'. Lot more to it than that.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Aristotle

Everyone knows that the foundations have to be laid before any chance of success or any sustained period where you can go for broke during your so called ‘window’. So that means the club admin and footy department have to be on the same page and the list needs to be developed including nurturing high end young talent.

That means retaining your best players (without overpaying them and stuffing up your ability to recruit FA’s or ooc players) to give you every chance of sustained success - which obviously Tosser failed to to do both with us and with Freo. Ross did not give opportunities to some of our most talented youth and we lost them to other clubs and obviously with Hill, Langdon and Lachie Neale leaving there were problems around his ability to retain talent. GT laid the foundations for Tosser as did Harvey at Freo.

Ratten does not have anywhere near the lists that Tosser inherited. If we support Ratten I reckon he has the footy intellect, the leadership skills and years of experience as a people manager. Atm it seems that we have a stable admin and we are building a fantastic footy department, so if we can build a list in about 3-4 years from now we should be a top 4 team and we might have half a chance of getting a second flag....with Ratts and co as the engineers...and with a little luck from the footy gods of course
Last edited by Scollop on Sun 08 Mar 2020 9:41am, edited 1 time in total.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

saynta wrote: Sat 07 Mar 2020 6:12pm ser tosser was far more controlling at Freo than even Richo was at the Saints.

So Hill, Neale, Fyfe and Walters were allowed to play their natural, damaging games while the average Freo players were being held back by Ross?

I think it's much more about the players themselves - and about recruiting and adding the right ingredients.

We now have the outside midfield runners we needed eons ago - Hill, Jones, etc... we have more leg speed and outside run in general - even the fringe players we've recruited like Kent, Parker, Howard and Marsh have leg speed.
We were a slow side that lacked spread ... we have recruited accordingly.

This is what will improve us.
Last edited by samoht on Sun 08 Mar 2020 9:47am, edited 2 times in total.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

takeaway

I think you’re basic

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Sun 08 Mar 2020 9:05am

You "called" what ? "Called it" tends to mean you predicted something correctly. Your opinion only, many would disagree. I think your views are more the premise of the basic sports fan ' if we win, congratulate the players, if we lose, blame the coach'. Lot more to it than that.

Post of the decade.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

This is one of the most ridiculous and self absorbed posts I’ve read on this forum.

Didn’t call anything with your first post, nor with the rest that followed.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

And you Mr Spinner have never ever posted anything of any value to anyone on this forum and I really don’t know why you bother posting

The definition a ‘troll’ as far as Saintsational is concerned is a poster called Spinner

Lyon brown nose

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 08 Mar 2020 9:46am takeaway

I think you’re basic
The post above you called me Aristotle, now basic? Are you OK, Mr Scolops?

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Just on 'Paul The Octopus', when he sadly passed away, many remarked, "I bet he never saw that coming".

Taken from this article which is a funny read...Scollop.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... -own-death

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I laughed pretty hard the day Ross fronted the media after he was sacked

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Sun 08 Mar 2020 10:28am

I think you’re basic
Yeah so...

with one of those posts...I was serious about what I meant

Do you consider yourself a modern Aristotle do you?

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 08 Mar 2020 10:35am I laughed pretty hard the day Ross fronted the media after he was sacked
Did you watch the press conference with the sound turned down?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 08 Mar 2020 9:57am And you Mr Spinner have never ever posted anything of any value to anyone on this forum and I really don’t know why you bother posting

The definition a ‘troll’ as far as Saintsational is concerned is a poster called Spinner

Lyon brown nose

Now this is your best post... how could that self proclaimed golden first post ever compare to this?

Albeit a very low bar. Well done.

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 08 Mar 2020 10:42am
takeaway wrote: Sun 08 Mar 2020 10:28am

I think you’re basic
Yeah so...

with one of those posts...I was serious about what I meant

Do you consider yourself a modern Aristotle do you?
You're the one quoting names. What team did Aristotle coach? Maybe he was Captain in the Philosopher's Football Match?

Good to know you are being serious, hard to tell really.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Back on topic ... I didn't see a great deal of change in Dunstan against the Pies on Sunday. He's still a very poor kick of the footy for an AFL midfielder and that's not going to change - he is what he is now. The coaching trick now with him will be to ensure that he has outside runners to give it to as otherwise, much like the last 6 years - we'll have the same poor quality, high floater entries into the forward line. It's one thing to have Bruce under them crashing packs; but I don't want the slightly built King to be anyway near Dunstan's floaters. Ditto Seb Ross' kicking.

Go you red, black & white warriors