Dockers want pick 5 for Hill

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dockers want pick 5 for Hill

Special wrote: Sat 26 Oct 2019 5:13pm
BackFromUSA wrote: Sat 26 Oct 2019 5:09pm
takeaway wrote: Sat 26 Oct 2019 4:32pm
saintsRrising wrote: Sat 26 Oct 2019 3:53pm
johnnyrayflamingo wrote: Sat 26 Oct 2019 7:47am
johnnyrayflamingo wrote: Sun 15 Sep 2019 7:52pm We are after another Docker besides Hill and it's not Langdon. Stand by folks. Could be part of the pick 5 scenario to make it fairer on the Saints.

Wow. Came true.

Just thought I would help you out in bumping all your past scoops ;)
Over at Big Footy, moderator took a common sense approach to JRF posts. Quoted below

"I wish people would just put others on ignore if they don't like their posts instead of having a go at them. Just clogs the thread.

I couldn't care less if someone wants to post some info they heard or even if they claim to know something. Just skip over the post if you don't think it's credible...don't need to be a hero calling everything out."

Seems fair enough to me. News is news, take it or leave it.
Common sense is that he is just bumping these select posts purely to inflame the forum ... i.e. trolling. See ban applied.
Is that a permanent/IP type ban?

Is it easy for these trolls to reappear or pretty tricky??
Covered in the rules:

Three 1 WEEK bans will result in that poster nic being banned from posting in the Saintsational Fan Forum under that username / nic, although they will retain access to read the Fan Forum and post in the closed forums such as Animal Enclosure, General Forum etc. They can re-register under a NEW username / nic and then continue posting football related matters in the Saintsational Fan Forum. If a poster continues to offend under the new username / nic, the administrator may decide to ban them from ALL forum access.

Admin has numerous ways to ban ... IP is just one way. Ted / Johnny may be back one day BUT may in post within the rules next time.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Special
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote: Sat 26 Oct 2019 5:23pm
Special wrote: Sat 26 Oct 2019 5:13pm
BackFromUSA wrote: Sat 26 Oct 2019 5:09pm
takeaway wrote: Sat 26 Oct 2019 4:32pm
saintsRrising wrote: Sat 26 Oct 2019 3:53pm
johnnyrayflamingo wrote: Sat 26 Oct 2019 7:47am
johnnyrayflamingo wrote: Sun 15 Sep 2019 7:52pm We are after another Docker besides Hill and it's not Langdon. Stand by folks. Could be part of the pick 5 scenario to make it fairer on the Saints.

Wow. Came true.

Just thought I would help you out in bumping all your past scoops ;)
Over at Big Footy, moderator took a common sense approach to JRF posts. Quoted below

"I wish people would just put others on ignore if they don't like their posts instead of having a go at them. Just clogs the thread.

I couldn't care less if someone wants to post some info they heard or even if they claim to know something. Just skip over the post if you don't think it's credible...don't need to be a hero calling everything out."

Seems fair enough to me. News is news, take it or leave it.
Common sense is that he is just bumping these select posts purely to inflame the forum ... i.e. trolling. See ban applied.
Is that a permanent/IP type ban?

Is it easy for these trolls to reappear or pretty tricky??
Covered in the rules:

Three 1 WEEK bans will result in that poster nic being banned from posting in the Saintsational Fan Forum under that username / nic, although they will retain access to read the Fan Forum and post in the closed forums such as Animal Enclosure, General Forum etc. They can re-register under a NEW username / nic and then continue posting football related matters in the Saintsational Fan Forum. If a poster continues to offend under the new username / nic, the administrator may decide to ban them from ALL forum access.

Admin has numerous ways to ban ... IP is just one way. Ted / Johnny may be back one day BUT may in post within the rules next time.
Well you know that they can’t post within the rules so why not just do a stricter ban? Saves you and us time doesn’t it??

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

He'll be back when he is banned from BF

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

great, there goes all our scoops.
:)

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
takeaway
Club Player

desertsaint wrote: Sun 27 Oct 2019 6:57am great, there goes all our scoops.
:)
Doesn't really matter, it's off season. Back to normal by pre season.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sun 27 Oct 2019 12:01am He'll be back when he is banned from BF
Just caught up on these threads by parkeyteddyflamingo2018.

In summary...

One scours every rumor & article from the Internet regarding the saints then posts them on this site pretending to be an ITK when in reality everyone knows said person to be a troll who regurgitates online scuttlebutt and innuendo.

Some rumors come true, most are just BS but every rumor posted by this troll can easily be found on line with a quick google search as soon as he/she has posted it.

Sometime later said ITK, desperate for credibility on an anonymous Internet forum, searches the hits that have loosely come to fruition (though some a massive stretch) and reposts them on the site.

Desperate?
Sad?
Mentally challenged?
Hilarious?
Just a troll taking the piss?

I don’t know the answer, but some of the emotive responses from this poster did cause me concern that they had actually fallen for their own BS.

Very funny that he/she now admits to other nics when previously would write that they didn’t understand the reference to previous nics used.

Let’s hope this banning is the end of this trolling as the forum is more enjoyable without this loose cannon spoiling it for all.

Well done by the moderator for taking a stance against trolling.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.