Bruce Requests trade to Dogs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bruce Requests trade to Dogs

What’s closer to the bay

Linton st or Wells road

I think you’d be surprised

What’s more expensive

A house around south road Moorabbin or a House on Nepean Hwy Seaford?

Moorabbin ain’t no Toorak and between Kananook Creek and the beach, Seaford ain’t no shithole. Those properties are a 1 minute walk from the beach, Moorabbin is close to an airport and DFO.

Rubyjo
Club Player

B.M wrote: Wed 02 Oct 2019 10:36am If you don’t know the level of support StK have in northern Tasmania Barry, you are not really qualified to discuss the matter.
I think alot of them are dead now.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 02 Oct 2019 1:39pm #36 looks like a the best outcome at this point in time.
You'd assume cats would be tight on salary cap hence us topping up some of his wage.

I wonder if #17 and we pay half or more of his wage would be attractive?
We could probably afford the $ where Geelong couldn't and they might offset the $ with a lower pick.

We want the lowest pick and the money probably matters less at the moment.
Strategically we should be telling Geelong to go away and do the Kelly deal. That we won't talk to them about Jack until they've done that deal.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

They are Rubyjo

Most of the next generation barrack for Hawthorn. 4 flags will do that, and every win, they took the cup down to Tassie to present to their members.

Hate to say it, proper club!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Wed 02 Oct 2019 10:41am
gringo wrote: Tue 01 Oct 2019 7:43pm
Ghost Like wrote: Tue 01 Oct 2019 11:37am
B.M wrote: Tue 01 Oct 2019 11:17am Back to Bruce

Who takes his place as a 6’5” 100kg Forward with massive work rate in 2020?
Probably Marshall or Battle or someone else, I'll let you know after the trade period.

Let's face it, this time last year we had no idea Marshall could actually ruck. He's a terrific ball winning ruck, who can say he won't be a more impressive CHF?

I cannot believe how good Bruce has suddenly become. We cannot rate all our players this highly and still be a bottom 6 side, expecting to trade only who we don't rate.

How would you improve our list? I know you wanted a 2000 / 2001 clean out so you know we have a poor list, it is just sad we don't have the same currency or attraction as back then.

Surely good list management is about stockpiling talent. When you have too many good players and some get pushed out of the seniors you are in a god place. We seem have okay players and s*** players. We seem to have a new plan where you move out the okay players and bring in players who are no better and expect miracles to happen. Marshall not being planned on is not good management seeing we traded out best 22 ruckman last year. If the idea is to get rid of best 22 players because a miracle upgrade might be already here....well that seems like not a plan.
I mentioned Marshall as an example of being on our list and being given a go in a new position, not as a miracle of list management.

I agree gringo on your take of our list, what I'm asking is how it improves? We cannot hold on to the same players and expect improvement. We need to turn over the list & when you have no draft picks you have to move on players with currency you believe you can cover.

Our current best 22 is not Top 8, we need to trade, we need the draft, we need to stick to a plan of improving our disposal and our midfield in accordance with a game plan.

We don't have to accept the offers for Bruce & Steven if they are cr@p. It means they stay, a midfielder who doesn't want to be there & a key forward who wants another 4 years on the back of a good finish to 2019, whose manager obviously tested the market.
You improve quickest by good drafting. Hill is a good get but he costs us at a time we should be drafting with our high picks. It's potentially a Lachie Ash who could be better than Hill. We seem to be half rebuilding half restocking. Trading out Bruce and Steven will mean we are going backwards short term. It sounds like we are still trying to get King this year which realistically, probably 4 years until he starts to peak. Hill will be nearly gone then. We also have Acres for sale along with a few others but are bringing in wholesale older ordinary players. It all looks a bit of a dog's breakfast to me.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

B.M wrote: Wed 02 Oct 2019 3:12pm What’s closer to the bay

Linton st or Wells road

I think you’d be surprised

What’s more expensive

A house around south road Moorabbin or a House on Nepean Hwy Seaford?

Moorabbin ain’t no Toorak and between Kananook Creek and the beach, Seaford ain’t no shithole. Those properties are a 1 minute walk from the beach, Moorabbin is close to an airport and DFO.
Moorabbin is 8km from the airport, 7.5km from DFO.

Moorabbin is 5.5km from Hampton Beach.

Average house price in Moorabbin is $940k.

Average house price in Seaford is $630k.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Hasnt informed the club yet according to Ratts

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Multiple reports have indicated the 27-year-old has agreed to terms on a four-year deal at the Dogs.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/10/02/ ... ove-bains/

bTw...Seaford between creek and beach is beach is very nice, same from Bob Beach etc. Chelsea southward. That bit from shore to train or creek, very nice, and depending on how owners and interested parties, lobby, manipulate, bully and bribe regulators, it could become massive and a beautiful place to live IMO. Beach itself is really nice. Regulations and zoning is crucial. Send Donald Trump down there and see.lol. PS or it could jus5 be some another concrete shithole like the Gold Coast, except cold.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Ameet can go and screw himself. Arsewipe!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Good hardline by the club on Bruce and Steven. A lot on here thought we were rolling over and having our bellies tickled because some muppet in the media says a 3rd rounder is correct weight

Deep breath

#1 Ryder fan
B.M
Saintsational Legend

I said Nepean Hwy Seaford. Not near Wells Rd.

There is a huge difference with houses in Seaford over the railway. You can get a house in Seaford, near the pines for 350. You will pay 850 to 1m on the beach. Just like Frankston... Oliver’s Hill can fetch 1.5m whereas Frankston Nth you can get a house for 400k.

I live bayside on the beach, not as far down as Seaford, and I wouldn’t swap it for a place in Moorabbin ... not on your life.
Anything beach side of Nepean Hwy is pretty nice.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Wed 02 Oct 2019 7:21pm I said Nepean Hwy Seaford. Not near Wells Rd.

There is a huge difference with houses in Seaford over the railway. You can get a house in Seaford, near the pines for 350. You will pay 850 to 1m on the beach. Just like Frankston... Oliver’s Hill can fetch 1.5m whereas Frankston Nth you can get a house for 400k.

I live bayside on the beach, not as far down as Seaford, and I wouldn’t swap it for a place in Moorabbin ... not on your life.
Anything beach side of Nepean Hwy is pretty nice.
You would if you were worth 800k-1m a year and St.Kilda were chasing you. At the least, you'd rent it out and buy another.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

I’m pretty happy where I am... not sure what’s in Moorabbin that is that appealing?

Highett has a shopping centre... not my fav pastime... I think I’ll take the beach.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Belvedere Reserve is not on the beach or near it. It is on a freeway, with another freeway, railway and highway between it and the beach.

More importantly the players did not like being there, and it was a significant negative in trying to attract new players to the club.

Moorabbin is a lot better positioned for existing players, and future players to access. It is also now a better facility and will be moreseo once fully completed.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
B.M
Saintsational Legend

We all know that SR, that is not the discussion.

IMO Seaford was a better training facility when Moorabbin was a run down pile of crap. People carried on like it was 200kms out of the city... it’s 25 mins down the road.
The same distance I drive to work everyday.

It actually worked out well, because if we stayed at Moorabbin and developed it in 2010 we would have a $10M facility at Moorabbin and already outgrown it, rather than the 30M facility we now have.

BTW
Belvedere is 2 to 3 minutes from Nepean Hwy, it’s straight up Seaford road a couple of Ks

B.M
Saintsational Legend

On attracting players

How far down the pecking order is the training facility do you reckon when a player is deciding on you club

Contract size, chance of success, club culture, coach, size of club.

How did we attract players pre 2010 to the worst training facilities in the AFL?

Hawthorn attracts players to Waverley Park... which is a weird place in the middle of nowhere in Mulgrave, not close to anything significant. It’s a really strange place, bit like pleasantville. Rows of town houses that all look the same on skinny streets.
And I know a lot of their players live in Richmond, Hawthorn and Malvern... wouldn’t they prefer to be at Glenferrie?

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

city life hey? imagine wasting 50 mins of your day, five days a week, in a car just driving from a to b and back. that's over four hours a week. 200 a year, 8000 a working life. or one year of your life.
but then again, we probably waste just as much on here :)

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: Wed 02 Oct 2019 9:38pm city life hey? imagine wasting 50 mins of your day, five days a week, in a car just driving from a to b and back. that's over four hours a week. 200 a year, 8000 a working life. or one year of your life.
hope ya got a good cassette player in the car :) they got ipod out your way yet ? ;)

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Wed 02 Oct 2019 9:30pm

Hawthorn attracts players to Waverley Park... which is a weird place in the middle of nowhere in Mulgrave, not close to anything significant. It’s a really strange place, bit like pleasantville. Rows of town houses that all look the same on skinny streets.
And I know a lot of their players live in Richmond, Hawthorn and Malvern... wouldn’t they prefer to be at Glenferrie?
WTF why? Did I state anything about the Junction Oval? Or about St Kilda players wanting to live in St Kilda, or even kicking distance of RSEA Park?

No I did. Most players want to live in the inner to middle suburbs.

(Also I assume you do know that Glenferrie Oval is in Hawthorn? No, perhaps not).

However thank you for reinforcing my point that the players are living in areas where they prefer to live in
ie Richmond, Hawthorn and Malvern rather than clustered around Artic Park.

Moorabbin is closer to where players want to live. Belevedere Reserve is not.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
B.M
Saintsational Legend

What?

You missed my point, obviously.

That Hawthorn players live in the inner suburbs, and would be closer to Glenferrie which is in HAWTHORN.

But are fine with driving to Mulgrave 45 mins away?

Why??

Because it’s a good club!

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

45 minutes from where?

27 minutes from the GPO.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Wed 02 Oct 2019 9:56pm
desertsaint wrote: Wed 02 Oct 2019 9:38pm city life hey? imagine wasting 50 mins of your day, five days a week, in a car just driving from a to b and back. that's over four hours a week. 200 a year, 8000 a working life. or one year of your life.
hope ya got a good cassette player in the car :) they got ipod out your way yet ? ;)
been in adelaide for a few months of relaxation, got apple play in the new car for listening to audiobooks. not that i bother - too busy watching and avoiding crazy or inconsiderate adelaide drivers.
still hate driving mid distances - give me either five minutes or ten hours. this in between stuff is a bit wearing. :)

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Leo.J
SS Life Member

B.M wrote: Wed 02 Oct 2019 9:18pm
...It actually worked out well, because if we stayed at Moorabbin and developed it in 2010 we would have a $10M facility at Moorabbin and already outgrown it, rather than the 30M facility we now have...
I reckon we would of won the flag in 2010 if we hadn’t of moved.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Moved where?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

We didn’t move in 2010 it was pre season 2011

We might have won 09/10 if we had better trainining facilities. Moorabbin was putrid.