Gold coast draft package

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gold coast draft package

Frogshit my arse?

How many potential A Graders in that group

How many do we have?

Billings, Marshall, Gresham, Clark, King... 5 if everything goes well

They will have more elite talent.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Shouldn’t our horrific recent mismanagement be rewarded too!?!?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Vomit worthy!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
barneyboyz
Club Player

We might as well just shut the door and go now!

Every time shyte like this happens, it just takes a little of the 'love of the game' away from me, and to think a Saints supporter has done this :evil:

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 30 Sep 2019 5:02pm Frogshit my arse?

How many potential A Graders in that group

How many do we have?

Billings, Marshall, Gresham, Clark, King... 5 if everything goes well

They will have more elite talent.
Half the GC names you rattled off aren't much chop and are going backwards. I could easily rattle of a comparable list to what you posted and say we are in a heaps better spot.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Gees they make it hard to take this competition seriously anymore. It’s like the WWE

gringo
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote: Mon 30 Sep 2019 5:56pm Gees they make it hard to take this competition seriously anymore. It’s like the WWE
The AFL just hit our list management team with a folding chair.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

you have to love this type of stuff - every time there is a announcement like this you sit back and watch the whingers whinge

Its bleeding obvious the Suns are the talent kindergarten school of the league thats gets raped and pillaged every time a real talent emerges & becomes established - they also pay overs for aging talent to finish their careers
Lets take the case of the story of two Kings one has established himself an AFL regular the other owes us 12 months on his contract - and we are all slavering at the thought of getting the other brother
Lets look at the year we had first pick and took Paddy - how many now would be crying over a priority pick those years for the Suns?

Its just a case of how you look at it

Seeya
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I'm in agreement with the decision.

Yes the GC has been a graveyard for sporting teams but AFL is different, the GC and largely on the back of the VIC expats they have built a junior system where AFL is flourishing at club level and in schools, this will flow through in years to come as all athletes with talent are offered spots in the GC academy, regardless of the sport you play.

To continue to gain the revenue for TV rights be it free to air or Amazon whoever holds the future you need your expansion teams to be at the very least competitive.

TV rights are what has kept the likes of St Kilda, North & the Bulldogs afloat, without these distributions we would not be in existence.

To continue the growth of AFL in the southeast sector GC must be watchable and competitive.
What message did former captain Tom Lynch send to the GC playing list on Saturday, ditch the club and come and win a flag.

Now they need to trade those picks for mature aged players and retain their talented draft picks.

I wrote here a few weeks back that they were confident in securing a priority pick @ 2.
Now I'd use #1 & #20 & Lukocious to Adelaide for 2 X Crouch brothers & #4 & # 23 & Greenwood.
I'd then give #2, #4, #23 & #56 to Saints for Max King, Luke Dunstan & #6.
Then #6 for the best 25 YO mid I could find.

Out #1, #2, #20 & Lukocious
In Crouch + Crouch + King + Greenwood + Dunstan + mature mid with #6
Free agents: Ellis + whoever else they can entice.
Their midfield and forward lines already look solid if not dangerous for the next 5 years.

I'd then bundle the picks they get from Ah Chee & Martin to get another mature backman such as Frost from Melbourne.

The King brothers would help them secure a competitive future.
I would not be surprised if GC go unbelievably hard at Max King in this trade period, it makes sense if they want to retain Ben and they have just been gifted the tools to do a deal.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
takeaway
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 30 Sep 2019 6:07pm I'm in agreement with the decision.

Yes the GC has been a graveyard for sporting teams but AFL is different, the GC and largely on the back of the VIC expats they have built a junior system where AFL is flourishing at club level and in schools, this will flow through in years to come as all athletes with talent are offered spots in the GC academy, regardless of the sport you play.

To continue to gain the revenue for TV rights be it free to air or Amazon whoever holds the future you need your expansion teams to be at the very least competitive.

TV rights are what has kept the likes of St Kilda, North & the Bulldogs afloat, without these distributions we would not be in existence.

To continue the growth of AFL in the southeast sector GC must be watchable and competitive.
What message did former captain Tom Lynch send to the GC playing list on Saturday, ditch the club and come and win a flag.

Now they need to trade those picks for mature aged players and retain their talented draft picks.

I wrote here a few weeks back that they were confident in securing a priority pick @ 2.
Now I'd use #1 & #20 & Lukocious to Adelaide for 2 X Crouch brothers & #4 & # 23 & Greenwood.

Their midfield and forward lines already look solid if not dangerous for the next 5 years.

I'd then bundle the picks they get from Ah Chee & Martin to get another mature backman such as Frost from Melbourne.

I would not be surprised if GC go unbelievably hard at Max King in this trade period, it makes sense if they want to retain Ben and they have just been gifted the tools to do a deal.
Or you can continue to gain TV rights without having to worry about propping up expansion teams in inappropriate areas - get rid of them.

saint6709
Club Player

We haven't won a premiership for 53 years - If GC win one before us I think I might give up watching the game - AFL clearly doesn't give a f#ck about losing a few saints fans though - so who cares?? you might ask

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The sad thing is this package is 110% needed for the Suns.

The amount of talent each and every year that they lose is incredible. This is an attempt to break the cycle.

saint6709
Club Player

Spinner wrote: Mon 30 Sep 2019 6:20pm The sad thing is this package is 110% needed for the Suns.

The amount of talent each and every year that they lose is incredible. This is an attempt to break the cycle.
As mentioned above - we havent won a premiership for 53 years - we played them twice this year and 1 point separated the teams in one match and 4 in the other - and we probably should have lost at least one of them - why do we think they need to be looked after ?

Kilda
Club Player

It’s obscene giving them (again) priority picks and Darwin as their recruitment zone. It reeks of the AFL desperate to see them justify their expansionist dreams. Level playing field? Sigh.

Kilda
Club Player

It’s obscene giving them (again) priority picks and Darwin as their recruitment zone. It reeks of the AFL desperate to see them justify their expansionist dreams. Level playing field? Sigh.

Saintmania
Club Player

Kilda wrote: Mon 30 Sep 2019 6:55pm It’s obscene giving them (again) priority picks and Darwin as their recruitment zone. It reeks of the AFL desperate to see them justify their expansionist dreams. Level playing field? Sigh.
This absolutely helps to have a level playing field. No other club gets raided more than the GC and if this is what is needed to get them going then so be it. If we start drafting well and still struggle then we can whinge.

saint6709
Club Player

Saintmania wrote: Mon 30 Sep 2019 7:29pm
Kilda wrote: Mon 30 Sep 2019 6:55pm It’s obscene giving them (again) priority picks and Darwin as their recruitment zone. It reeks of the AFL desperate to see them justify their expansionist dreams. Level playing field? Sigh.
This absolutely helps to have a level playing field. No other club gets raided more than the GC and if this is what is needed to get them going then so be it. If we start drafting well and still struggle then we can whinge.
How about the fact that we ( a bit like north melbourne ) cant recruit via trade or free agency any big name players ?? We are seen as crap - they want to go Hawthorn, Richmond, Collingwood etc - Even Carlton are seen as much more a desirable destination than us as are Essendon who a few years ago where injecting their players with a heap of stuff that they say they don't know what it was !!

If the Afl want to manipulate an even comp they need to do more than prop up the gold coast and we are the next basket case in line in my opinion - so if they don't want to help us as well - because we need help !- I am not going to acknowledge their good work for trying to keep a level playing field

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Taking the piss.

:o

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
longtimesaint
Club Player

Max King is a required player and there is no deal that GC can offer to get him.

One year will be our year
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Giving them Darwin?

Why not give them Vic metro while they're at it.

Has to be restraint of trade. I'm reporting these pricks to ACCC.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Gold Coast Suns will be the Northern Suns in 5 years time playing out of Darwin, Townsville and Gold Coast.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Saintmania
Club Player

saint6709 wrote: Mon 30 Sep 2019 7:46pm
How about the fact that we ( a bit like north melbourne ) cant recruit via trade or free agency any big name players ?? We are seen as crap - they want to go Hawthorn, Richmond, Collingwood etc - Even Carlton are seen as much more a desirable destination than us as are Essendon who a few years ago where injecting their players with a heap of stuff that they say they don't know what it was !!

If the Afl want to manipulate an even comp they need to do more than prop up the gold coast and we are the next basket case in line in my opinion - so if they don't want to help us as well - because we need help !- I am not going to acknowledge their good work for trying to keep a level playing field
Players don't want to come to us because we are currently *@t, not based on geographic location. We start winning (which drafting well will help) then they will come....I'm not sure the same would apply to GC.

If we are next in line as you say then the help will come as it has in the past.

For me, Geelong not getting a home final when they have earned it is a much bigger issue re: equal playing field.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Gold Coast Delisting Jarryd Lyons.............a player they should have kept....played super for lions after they picked him up this year

they delist then get a hand out........

As mentioned in a number of posts in this thread not just by me..........a crap decision by afl

saint4life
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Gold Coast Delisting Jarryd Lyons.............a player they should have kept....played super for lions after they picked him up this year

they delist then get a hand out........

As mentioned in a number of posts in this thread not just by me..........a crap decision by afl

saint4life
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote: Mon 30 Sep 2019 6:48pm
Spinner wrote: Mon 30 Sep 2019 6:20pm The sad thing is this package is 110% needed for the Suns.

As mentioned above - we havent won a premiership for 53 years - we played them twice this year and 1 point separated the teams in one match and 4 in the other - and we probably should have lost at least one of them - why do we think they need to be looked after ?
So you actually think we are as worse than the Gold Coast?

Count the number of quality players the Gold Coast have lost over the last period and then count ours.

Richmond has move than we’ve lost over the last 10 years alone. Lynch, Prestia and Caddy.