Alex Keath

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Pundit
Club Player

Re: Alex Keath

Saintmatt wrote: Tue 24 Sep 2019 10:33am
Pundit wrote: Tue 24 Sep 2019 10:21am
Gershwin wrote: Tue 24 Sep 2019 10:17am
B.M wrote: Tue 24 Sep 2019 9:39am Another one coming to us

Hill, Jones, Ryder, Keath, Crouch

Just like to know how we can do any of the deals to make them happen

Hill for pick 5
Ryder for a late pick

Can’t see how the rest get done
There is talk about Carlisle to Collingwood.
Yep for treloar or Degoey, mad if we let Carlisle go, why the truck would you give away all of your spine/structural players which is in very good shape at present. We just need mids and we have a finals ready list.
Carlisle is going nowhere. For all of Jake's faults - he's widely and largely been credited with being the most influential person in getting Ryder to choose us over the injectors.
I didn't know that, can I ask how you know that?

B.M
Saintsational Legend

GC Suns building a nice young list

King, Lukoscious, Rankin last year

Rowell, Anderson, Crouch this year

Ainsworth, Fiorini, Brodie, Weller, Bowes, Wright and MacPherson

Problem will be keeping them together

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Pundit wrote: Tue 24 Sep 2019 10:52am
Saintmatt wrote: Tue 24 Sep 2019 10:33am
Pundit wrote: Tue 24 Sep 2019 10:21am
Gershwin wrote: Tue 24 Sep 2019 10:17am
B.M wrote: Tue 24 Sep 2019 9:39am Another one coming to us

Hill, Jones, Ryder, Keath, Crouch

Just like to know how we can do any of the deals to make them happen

Hill for pick 5
Ryder for a late pick

Can’t see how the rest get done
There is talk about Carlisle to Collingwood.
Yep for treloar or Degoey, mad if we let Carlisle go, why the truck would you give away all of your spine/structural players which is in very good shape at present. We just need mids and we have a finals ready list.
Carlisle is going nowhere. For all of Jake's faults - he's widely and largely been credited with being the most influential person in getting Ryder to choose us over the injectors.
I didn't know that, can I ask how you know that?
It's in Sam McClure's article in today's The Age. I have a photo of the article but it's not published on-line. Will post the link when i find it

Go you red, black & white warriors
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

B.M wrote: Tue 24 Sep 2019 11:00am GC Suns building a nice young list

I look at it this way. King and Lucoscious don't want to be there; never have and despite one of them actually living with the CEO and his family - both have refused to sign an extended deal. Rankin has committed.

Rowell and Anderson are interesting. There's a report on SEN this morning that the AFL will give the GCS a priority pick (no 2) so that they can take R & A. GCS then want to offer them 4 year deals off the bat to keep them together. That was the methodology of getting Rankine and Lucioscious (hasn't worked). I reckon we'll know everything about GCS from whether R & A are prepared to commit for 4 years off the bat.

Crouch will only go there if, as a 30yo - he gets a 5 year deal. Not exactly a great decision by GCS if that happens. Weller seems to be the only one who's chosen to go there off his own bat - even then GCS paid miles over to get him back.

Agree that list is pretty talented but, I think they're still a massive basket case and will be for a long, long time to come.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Tue 24 Sep 2019 1:40pm .

Crouch will only go there if, as a 30yo - he gets a 5 year deal. Not exactly a great decision by GCS if that happens.

Crouch is 25 (almost 26) and not 30 and IMO would be a great fit for the Suns age-wise, role-wise and talent-wise.

Taking pick 1 and 2 in the draft probably will not help them much as the "sliding doors" will just keep happening. IF they can land Crouch and another couple of good players this year at the expensive of kids/draft picks they would have a much better 2020 and future IMO.

Mind you if they add Crouch and get both those two young mids in it will make their 2020 better. Not sure those 2 will stay on though.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote: Tue 24 Sep 2019 1:57pm
Saintmatt wrote: Tue 24 Sep 2019 1:40pm .

Crouch will only go there if, as a 30yo - he gets a 5 year deal. Not exactly a great decision by GCS if that happens.

Crouch is 25 (almost 26) and not 30 and IMO would be a great fit for the Suns age-wise, role-wise and talent-wise.

Taking pick 1 and 2 in the draft probably will not help them much as the "sliding doors" will just keep happening. IF they can land Crouch and another couple of good players this year at the expensive of kids/draft picks they would have a much better 2020 and future IMO.

Mind you if they add Crouch and get both those two young mids in it will make their 2020 better. Not sure those 2 will stay on though.
Apologies - I meant to say that Crouch would be 30 after his 5 year deal at the GCS expired (got a touch ahead of myself) and that - much like Paddy Cripps - he's going to be a very banged up 'old' 30 as he'll be carrying a crap midfield on his own back for the foreseeable without much help from anyone of size. It's conceivable that he could be done by 28 (it's a miracle that Cripps is still upright given the load he's had to shoulder).

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I spend about 30% of my time on GC and see a fair bit of the Suns.
They have talent but lack leadership and future direction.
They will be successful long term as the GC is becoming a junior AFL football region, its overtaken league & union in local junior ranks.

GC also sign up any talented athlete to their footy academy, even if you are not a current player.
I have a son who has an offer to join the GC academy and he has not played club football for 4 seasons.

When they get a priority pick this year I would not draft with it, they cant retain or develop the picks well enough.

They will have #1 & #2.

I'd swap Lukoscious & #1 & #2 to Adelaide for the Crouch brothers and Adelaides 2 X first round picks #4 & #9.

I'd then swap #4 & #9 to the Saints for Max King.

FA - Brandon Ellis & Jack Newnes

In: Crouch + Crouch + King + Ellis + Newnes
Out: Lukoscious + #1 & #2

I'd then look to bundle up #21 + pick for Jack Martin to get another decent mature hard bodied mid or two say Zak Jones and Luke Dunstan.

The Crouch brothers immediately sure up your make your midfield for the next five years & The King Brothers & Wright make you the most difficult forward proposition in the air in the competition.

Yes long term the #1 & #2 would probably be better players, but they will not help the suns in their development IMO.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
johnnyrayflamingo
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 24 Sep 2019 5:55pm

They will be successful long term as the GC is becoming a junior AFL football region, its overtaken league & union in local junior ranks.

GC also sign up any talented athlete to their footy academy, even if you are not a current player.
I have a son who has an offer to join the GC academy and he has not played club football for 4 seasons.

When they get a priority pick this year I would not draft with it, they cant retain or develop the picks well enough.

They will have #1 & #2.

I'd swap Lukoscious & #1 & #2 to Adelaide for the Crouch brothers and Adelaides 2 X first round picks #4 & #9.

I'd then look to bundle up #21 + pick for Jack Martin to get another decent mature hard bodied mid or two say Zak Jones and Luke Dunstan.

The Crouch brothers immediately sure up your make your midfield for the next five years & The King Brothers & Wright make you the most difficult forward proposition in the air in the competition.

Yes long term the #1 & #2 would probably be better players, but they will not help the suns in their development IMO.
Max King to the Suns....there is more chance of the Pope converting to Islam. B King will be at the Saints within 2-3 years.

😎
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

johnnyrayflamingo wrote: Tue 24 Sep 2019 5:58pm

They will have #1 & #2.

Max King to the Suns....there is more chance of the Pope converting to Islam. B King will be at the Saints within 2-3 years.
Who suggested Max King would go to the Suns?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
silverhalo
Club Player

Alex Keath would be a great get and walk up start in our best 22, no doubt about it.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

They will have #1 & #2.

Well put together Joffa, makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the insight into the GC landscape. Let's hope they have that light bulb moment after Ben King has found his way to Moorabbin.

johnnyrayflamingo
Club Player

silverhalo wrote: Tue 24 Sep 2019 7:13pm Alex Keath would be a great get and walk up start in our best 22, no doubt about it.
Still a big chance to land him.

😎
silverhalo
Club Player

johnnyrayflamingo wrote: Tue 24 Sep 2019 7:37pm
silverhalo wrote: Tue 24 Sep 2019 7:13pm Alex Keath would be a great get and walk up start in our best 22, no doubt about it.
Still a big chance to land him.
Fingers crossed

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Isn’t Alex Keath a tall intercept marking defender

Haven’t we got a few of those already?

We seriously have no idea how to put together a team

Rocket
Club Player

Clearly haven’t seen him play. Go and take a look at the game he played against us at Marvel this year. Destroyed us and got 3 votes. Would be a great acquisition to a backline that is sub par.

Pundit
Club Player

I'm well versed in Qld footy and you are dead right about the suns list building nicely. They will/are getting significant assistance to not stufff this rebuild up and so expect them to be very strong within 5 years. I'm also led to believe there is a chance Max will move to the GC before Ben comes to StKilda.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Rocket wrote: Wed 25 Sep 2019 2:31am Clearly haven’t seen him play. Go and take a look at the game he played against us at Marvel this year. Destroyed us and got 3 votes. Would be a great acquisition to a backline that is sub par.
It’s sub par because it’s desiged to have Robbo, Gears and Webster as running rebound defenders which didn’t happen in 2019

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Max King for GC picks 1 and 2?
Keep Bruce
Add Hill

3 gun midfielders added for price of pick 5 & an untried forward?

Nee!
BarryGrogan
Club Player

fugazi wrote: Wed 25 Sep 2019 9:51am Max King for GC picks 1 and 2?
Keep Bruce
Add Hill

Who are the 3 gun midfielders?

johnnyrayflamingo
Club Player

Keep Bruce
Add Hill

No way. King will be our best player within 5 years. He is that good. He will make Bruce look ordinary. Ultra quality key forwards are very hard to find...like Riewoldt.

😎
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Keep Bruce
Add Hill

GC would be laughed out if the competition.

#1 & #2 for a guy GC didn’t rate top 2 last year and Is yet to play a game after a knee reco.

If they offered it I’d grab it in a heartbeat.

Would be Saints best ever trade and the nail in the GC coffin.

I agree grabbing King would be a great retention tool for GC but 1 & 2 couldn’t happen. I prey it does 👍

Pundit
Club Player

Keep Bruce
Add Hill

Now this is getting more sensible. Max King to the Gold Coast has been floated by the club from a very reliable source I have close to the GCS. Not for two high picks as you suggest but definitely 2 first rounders.

The twins get to play together and the Saints get to pull in much higher end midfilders.

The Saints get to demonstrate they are willing to be cold and emotionless in thier approach to strengthening the list and winning a flag.

johnnyrayflamingo
Club Player

Rumours doing the rounds Suns are offering Pick 2 to Crows for Crouch. Could really happen.

😎
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Pundit wrote: Wed 25 Sep 2019 11:07am
Keep Bruce
Add Hill

Now this is getting more sensible. Max King to the Gold Coast has been floated by the club from a very reliable source I have close to the GCS. Not for two high picks as you suggest but definitely 2 first rounders.

The twins get to play together and the Saints get to pull in much higher end midfilders.

The Saints get to demonstrate they are willing to be cold and emotionless in thier approach to strengthening the list and winning a flag.
I toured Metricon last Thursday with my son, also spoke at length with their development officers.

They are confident of getting #2 and know who they will draft with #1. #2 definitely on the table for trading.

Their development net is spread through the whole coast and any athlete in any sport who could convert to AFL gets an academy offer.

I reckon they’d part with #2 for Max or do a deal with Adelaide for their two first rounders but #1 will not be involved.

Pundit
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 25 Sep 2019 11:16am
Pundit wrote: Wed 25 Sep 2019 11:07am
Keep Bruce
Add Hill

I toured Metricon last Thursday with my son, also spoke at length with their development officers.

They are confident of getting #2 and know who they will draft with #1. #2 definitely on the table for trading.

Their development net is spread through the whole coast and any athlete in any sport who could convert to AFL gets an academy offer.

I reckon they’d part with #2 for Max or do a deal with Adelaide for their two first rounders but #1 will not be involved.
It won't surprise me if Max is the shock trade. What did you think of Metricon and the facilities around the ground?