AFL must explain Eleni

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Re: AFL must explain Eleni

saynta wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 7:56pm From afl.com.au

"Five goals were scored in the third term – three to Freo and two to St Kilda – and the lead changed each time. The last of these goals, to Dockers youngster Lachie Schultz, raised the ire of Saints fans after Freo veteran David Mundy was tackled by the shorts for a seeming eternity."

720 f****** degree turn.
She particularly cannot grasp the holding the ball Rule, including the concept of prior opportunity.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

BarryGrogan wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:16pm
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:15pm
BarryGrogan wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:04pm
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:01pm
BarryGrogan wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 6:31pm
Linton Lodger wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 6:11pm

We have had a competence issue with Umpires for some time and yet the AFL wants to dilute any talent even further, by playing absurd new wave feminist politics.

Disagree entirely.

By giving a woman an opportunity, they're potentially increasing the talent pool by 50%.

She's not the worst in the caper, and even if she was - it'd probably be about a 2% decrease in performance across the umpiring department at worst.

So a tiny short term hit to performance, with the potential for enormous gain in the future.
You’ve gotta be joking, put her in the VFL for a
few years then, once she is proven to be ready then fair enough. This isn’t a playground to train people.

She has been abhorrent every game she has been involved in. Ask Carlton supporters, she is hopeless and not even close to being qualified as an afl umpire.
She did umpire the VFL.
And clearly isn’t good enough.
Let’s give a promotion to someone that doesn’t deserve it on merit....
How about we just get the best there is!!!
I don’t care if it’s a donkey!
Forget this quota bulls***. ANYONE can be an umpire in the lower levels, if you are good then you reach AFL.
If that is 99% men or 50% men on merit then who cares.

She is there at the moment as a token for diversity and everyone is worse off for it, not just saints fans.
There has to be better umpires out there. Full stop.
Who is good enough?

Who are the better umpires that are out there?
If she’s the best then the umpiring fraternity is f***ed.
Be better off umpiring themselves like in lower grades of local cricket.

Clearly an agenda to artificially get females involved without it based on the best available.
She’s a s*** umpire and shouldn’t be there. If another female was better and replaced her then fair play.
But she can’t go on like this.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Linton Lodger wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:27pm

We have had a competence issue with Umpires for some time and yet the AFL wants to dilute any talent even further, by playing absurd new wave feminist politics.

Disagree entirely.

By giving a woman an opportunity, they're potentially increasing the talent pool by 50%.

She's not the worst in the caper, and even if she was - it'd probably be about a 2% decrease in performance across the umpiring department at worst.

So a tiny short term hit to performance, with the potential for enormous gain in the future.
Its nothing about increasing the talent pool. Far more women than men don't give a hoot about AFL, so forget anything like 50% This is about attracting women as consumers by sucking up to them with 3rd Wave Feminist doctrines. Such as gender quotas. Trouble is, a great many women don't give a hoot about the 3rd Wave of Feminism.
Possibly.

Considering the AFL is an entertainment business that measures its success on audiences and revenue - what are you complaining about?

She's clearly the "best person for the role".

ace
Saintsational Legend

Special wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 4:58pm She is a joke.

Must be SACKED IMMEDIATELY.

She should be banned for life from any association with professional sport.

Those that promoted her to being on the AFL list as an umpire need to be fired immediately also.

I feel like emailing that idiot Gil but he’s got his head so far up his arse he’ll never see the sun again.

She can go get f***ed.
You must a racist ........ or something like that ................. now I remember you are a sexist ...................... a misandrist, no that's not right you are a misoginist.

Just because she is the most incompetent umpire and not up to AFL standard and can't bounce the ball high enough is no reason why she should be sacked.
She is woman and women don't have to be any of the above.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
BarryGrogan
Club Player

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:32pm
BarryGrogan wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:16pm
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:15pm
BarryGrogan wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:04pm
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:01pm

Disagree entirely.

You’ve gotta be joking, put her in the VFL for a
few years then, once she is proven to be ready then fair enough. This isn’t a playground to train people.

She has been abhorrent every game she has been involved in. Ask Carlton supporters, she is hopeless and not even close to being qualified as an afl umpire.
She did umpire the VFL.
And clearly isn’t good enough.
Let’s give a promotion to someone that doesn’t deserve it on merit....
How about we just get the best there is!!!
I don’t care if it’s a donkey!
Forget this quota bulls***. ANYONE can be an umpire in the lower levels, if you are good then you reach AFL.
If that is 99% men or 50% men on merit then who cares.

She is there at the moment as a token for diversity and everyone is worse off for it, not just saints fans.
There has to be better umpires out there. Full stop.
Who is good enough?

Who are the better umpires that are out there?
If she’s the best then the umpiring fraternity is f***ed.
Be better off umpiring themselves like in lower grades of local cricket.

Clearly an agenda to artificially get females involved without it based on the best available.
She’s a s*** umpire and shouldn’t be there. If another female was better and replaced her then fair play.
But she can’t go on like this.
Who are the better umpires out there that she's keeping out of a job?

You stated it - so who are they?

ace
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:31pm

"Five goals were scored in the third term – three to Freo and two to St Kilda – and the lead changed each time. The last of these goals, to Dockers youngster Lachie Schultz, raised the ire of Saints fans after Freo veteran David Mundy was tackled by the shorts for a seeming eternity."

720 f****** degree turn.
She particularly cannot grasp the holding the ball Rule, including the concept of prior opportunity.
She has been mislead by the male umpires into thinking the holding the ball rule applies when a player grabs an opponent by both balls.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

BarryGrogan wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:33pm

Disagree entirely.

Its nothing about increasing the talent pool. Far more women than men don't give a hoot about AFL, so forget anything like 50% This is about attracting women as consumers by sucking up to them with 3rd Wave Feminist doctrines. Such as gender quotas. Trouble is, a great many women don't give a hoot about the 3rd Wave of Feminism.
Possibly.

Considering the AFL is an entertainment business that measures its success on audiences and revenue - what are you complaining about?

Well, I doubt the strategy in which she plays a role is any use. In the meantime, we get games disrupted by a growing number of incompetent Umpires.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

I said there must be better umpires out there you goose.
Male, female or alien.

You’re sounding like one of those feminist fools who try to mince words of others to suit an agenda.

Give me the best.
I don’t believe she’s the best.
Proof is in the pudding this year.
Everyone (being all teams supporters) say she is terrible.
Doesn’t that tell you something?

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Linton Lodger wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:39pm

Disagree entirely.

Possibly.

Well, I doubt the strategy in which she plays a role is any use. In the meantime, we get games disrupted by a growing number of incompetent Umpires.
You can doubt the strategy as much as you like. The AFL isn't measured on how accurate decisions are or how many people like the umpires - they measure themselves on how many people watch.

That's their business. They sell a product for people to watch.

They want to expand their audience - and including Sudanese players, Irish guys, and women in officiating roles achieves that.

People screaming about the "best person for the role" are naive, and very short sighted.

She's the ideal person the role.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:41pm I said there must be better umpires out there you goose.
Male, female or alien.

You’re sounding like one of those feminist fools who try to mince words of others to suit an agenda.

Give me the best.
So who are they?

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

BarryGrogan wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:43pm

Disagree entirely.

Possibly.

You can doubt the strategy as much as you like. The AFL isn't measured on how accurate decisions are or how many people like the umpires - they measure themselves on how many people watch.

They want to expand their audience - and including Sudanese players, Irish guys, and women in officiating roles achieves that.

People screaming about the "best person for the role" are naive, and very short sighted.

Do you work for the AFL?
So much corporate dribble.

How about looking after the people already watching, otherwise they might lose some of those.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:46pm

Disagree entirely.

Possibly.

Do you work for the AFL?
So much corporate dribble.

How about looking after the people already watching, otherwise they might lose some of those.
You watched today, didn't you?

ace
Saintsational Legend

This has nothing to do with umpiring competence.
It addresses the AFLs need for umpires in junior football.
She encourages women to take up umpiring and demonstrates that a woman can make it to top.
She becomes the role model for all women umpires.

She does not control games between premiership contenders.
Instead she gets to umpire also rans like St Kilda and Fremantle.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:41pm I said there must be better umpires out there you goose.
Male, female or alien.

Give me the best.
So who are they?
If you actually read, I said there has to be better out there. Umpires that have umpired local footy for 15
years. Be like going straight from uni to CEO. It’s just dumb.

Her body of work over the year says she isn’t AFL standard. There’s an issue there when everyone is saying it.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

720 f****** degree turn.
360 degrees, just a very wide arc.

supersaints2
Club Player

BarryGrogan wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:31pm
supersaints2 wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:24pm

Disagree entirely.

Wow.. are you David Rockefeller???
He's the Fella who came up with women's lib.. so the US government could increase taxation by 50% by getting women in the workforce... He also stated that then they could control the children while they women were at work to become " ultimate consumers" .. win win for government and multinationals... I worked for Exxon/ Mobil for three decades... one of the first to put female participation over talent
... sounds simple but best person for the role REGARDLESS of gender
From what I've seen she ain't up to it
"Best person the role" is so short sighted.
Are you serious? .. really .. your myopic

I used to be supersaints but after 16 years my profile dissapeared... ??? if I make any reference to past posts .. it will be under supersiants.. glad to be back on line
supersaints2
Club Player

BarryGrogan wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:31pm
supersaints2 wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:24pm

Disagree entirely.

Wow.. are you David Rockefeller???
He's the Fella who came up with women's lib.. so the US government could increase taxation by 50% by getting women in the workforce... He also stated that then they could control the children while they women were at work to become " ultimate consumers" .. win win for government and multinationals... I worked for Exxon/ Mobil for three decades... one of the first to put female participation over talent
... sounds simple but best person for the role REGARDLESS of gender
From what I've seen she ain't up to it
"Best person the role" is so short sighted.
I ready my case your myopic

I used to be supersaints but after 16 years my profile dissapeared... ??? if I make any reference to past posts .. it will be under supersiants.. glad to be back on line
supersaints2
Club Player

That's rest my case .. you cannot be serious

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Look, I’m no sexist but if she did her ump’ing in a nice revealing frock or even a cut-off pair of jeans, would it be so bad if she made a few errors here and there?

Just saying...

Look again it's the Flash!!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I'm no chauvanist but I like that idea

The shorts could be those ripped frayed denim numbers

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 10:21pm I'm no chauvanist but I like that idea

...like those of the girl in the Dukes of Hazzard?

Look again it's the Flash!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 6:22pm
Linton Lodger wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 6:11pm Its virtue signalling by the AFL, simple! She's not there on merit. Has f**k all feel for the game and doesn't appear to know the basic Rules or give a sh*t about them. She was a disgrace today and had a mate or two!

The concept of gender quotas is idiotic and not to mention a dangerous folly, promoted by idiotic new wave feminists.
Couldn’t agree more. Quotas of any type is garbage. It has to be on merit.
Geez mention merit where I work and you’re career is over as a misogynist, bigot, racist, uneducated Trump supporter.......even though all you’ve suggested is treat EVERYONE as a respected individual equally....go figure...

“Yeah….nah””
asiu
Saintsational Legend

supersaint

do u know Stuart Mc——

one of the big 4
(now retired)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 10:28pm

But the pressing question remains ....... can she cook?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 10:28pm

Daisy Duke! C'mon Flash...brush up on those pop culture references.