Positives

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: Positives

The_President wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 7:04pm That Battle mark at the end was incredible.

Was basically in the contest when it was kicked, then sprinted 20-25m back with the flight at full tilt to take the grab.

Haven't found a video of it yet, but it's outstanding work from the young man.
AFL website...its a ripper, saved our bacon.

To the top
SS Life Member

And Battle was in the contest the scrubby kick forward came from, tracking it back to take the mark

Great effort

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Reckon Battle was just back on the ground after getting his face smashed in, think he broke his nose.

In this context his bravery was even more admirable.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Not to forget Savage.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
milney044 wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 6:43pm Long - loved his workrate today. He was often the link up player and constantly presented up the wing. Shame he couldn't have finished off with a goal, deserved it.

I think that it this and the Demons game that Long has showed the player that he could be. He can't keep going missing like he did in the Crows game though.
I’ve got a little problem with Long in that he often taps the ball on to other players rather than taking possession himself. It rarely works.

But I’m liking the way he presents and wheels around immediately. Reminds me of Joe McLaren.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

We turned it over a few times, but the team showed courage and character by taking the game on and I loved the fact that we were willing to take risks and played the corridor when the opportunity arose. Ratten is showing faith in his young talent and is demanding more from his leaders. Great balance out there today and great games by our leaders.

We started brilliantly and the team had a great positive vibe when both Stuv and Hannas goaled in that first quarter. When Marshall limped off the ground half way through that first quarter I reckon it would have been hard for our boys and on the other hand it would have given Freo a huge lift.

Injuries to both Coff and Marshall meant that Freo had a sniff and they got in front on the scoreboard in that second quarter. I thought that it was super important that we went into half time with our noses in front and Membrey's accurate shot on goal helped the boys go to the main break with a 1 point lead.

In the third quarter it looked like they were going to go away with it after the brilliance of Fyfe Langdon and Walters (plus a couple of dodgy decisions). In that last quarter they looked home but our boys wanted it more. Marshall, Dunstan, and Steele fought rabidly in the centre and our whole backline were huge.

It's games like today that will boost the confidence of everyone including the physios and medical staff, the footy department, the recruiters, the coach and the whole playing list

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

kosifantutti wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 11:18pm
saintsRrising wrote:
milney044 wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 6:43pm Long - loved his workrate today. He was often the link up player and constantly presented up the wing. Shame he couldn't have finished off with a goal, deserved it.

I think that it this and the Demons game that Long has showed the player that he could be. He can't keep going missing like he did in the Crows game though.
I’ve got a little problem with Long in that he often taps the ball on to other players rather than taking possession himself. It rarely works.

But I’m liking the way he presents and wheels around immediately. Reminds me of Joe McLaren.
2 mins left- he went to ground and tapped it in Stuv's direction, Stuv did the rest

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Special
Club Player

Another big positive was the livid and incredibly vocal response by us mighty Saints fans against Eleni and her mates in the last quarter and when the filthy maggots went off.

You could hear it loud and clear on the telly when I watched some of the replay when I got home.

Surely this spells the end for you-know-who.

Her disgraceful effort will mean getting dropped for the fifth time in a season. What an effort!!!

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 12:44am
kosifantutti wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 11:18pm
saintsRrising wrote:

2 mins left- he went to ground and tapped it in Stuv's direction, Stuv did the rest
Fair point. That was absolutely the right option there but just a few times where he’s been on his feet he’s chosen not to take possession. It doesn’t seem like a high percentage play.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
freely
SS Hall of Fame

Special wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 1:02am Another big positive was the livid and incredibly vocal response by us mighty Saints fans against Eleni and her mates in the last quarter and when the filthy maggots went off.

You could hear it loud and clear on the telly when I watched some of the replay when I got home.

Surely this spells the end for you-know-who.

Her disgraceful effort will mean getting dropped for the fifth time in a season. What an effort!!!
It's not a positive, special, as you well know. It's bullying. And adding posts about it to every possible thread is baiting. I should know - here I am, sucked in. Just give it a rest, for chrissake.

barneyboyz
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 11:33pm We turned it over a few times, but the team showed courage and character by taking the game on and I loved the fact that we were willing to take risks and played the corridor when the opportunity arose. Ratten is showing faith in his young talent and is demanding more from his leaders. Great balance out there today and great games by our leaders.

We started brilliantly and the team had a great positive vibe when both Stuv and Hannas goaled in that first quarter. When Marshall limped off the ground half way through that first quarter I reckon it would have been hard for our boys and on the other hand it would have given Freo a huge lift.

Injuries to both Coff and Marshall meant that Freo had a sniff and they got in front on the scoreboard in that second quarter. I thought that it was super important that we went into half time with our noses in front and Membrey's accurate shot on goal helped the boys go to the main break with a 1 point lead.

In the third quarter it looked like they were going to go away with it after the brilliance of Fyfe Langdon and Walters (plus a couple of dodgy decisions). In that last quarter they looked home but our boys wanted it more. Marshall, Dunstan, and Steele fought rabidly in the centre and our whole backline were huge.

It's games like today that will boost the confidence of everyone including the physios and medical staff, the footy department, the recruiters, the coach and the whole playing list
Pretty much sums it up for me. Apart from that last 15mins it was hard to watch much of it. Marshall, Dunstan and Steele/Ross just need a ball magnet to work along side them

It is interesting to note that we have been very competetive as a team, against some far more imposing midfields this year. I would try Max as a midfielder next year, he can play it and when his body is right, look out

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink: