Why the Dud umpire favors Freemantle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Why the Dud umpire favors Freemantle

If the umpire bounces the ball it's trajectory is generally inconsistent. It could favor one ruckman or the other.

However when the ball it thrown up, it's trajectory is more predictable and will favor the taller ruckman.

So in tomorrow's match we would prefer the ball to be bounced as this will give Rowan Marshall more of a sporting chance against one of the biggest men ever to play AFL football.

The last time we had an umpire who lacked the ability or strength to bounce the ball, all of the umpires united and threw the ball up rather than bounce it so as not to 'show up' their colleague.

We have that umpire again tomorrow, and I fear the umpires will unite again and not bounce the ball.

This will advantage Sandilands and Freemantle.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Why the Dud umpire favors Freemantle

Toy Saint wrote: Sat 10 Aug 2019 6:36pm
The last time we had an umpire who lacked the ability or strength to bounce the ball, all of the umpires united and threw the ball up rather than bounce it so as not to 'show up' their colleague.
Bull-Tish

Last time the umpires were all out before the game trying to bounce the ball ON THE TURF THAT THE AFL HAD RELAID and were not getting any height.

This was clear to anyone who was at the game - and believe me we gave the Umpires heck for their poor decisions - but not bouncing the ball was not a UNITED FRONT to not show Eleni up

Please before you go off half cocked - make sure you know the facts.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

So if the umpires bounce the ball tonight but throw it up tomorrow will you concede the point?

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Sure - bounce/schmounce - if that makes you feel good - but the reason for last time remains the turf.

However - if she pays the same shockers that she did in the last game for us that saw her dropped - mine will be one of the loudest voices giving it to her!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 10 Aug 2019 7:07pm Sure - bounce/schmounce - if that makes you feel good - but the reason for last time remains the turf.

However - if she pays the same shockers that she did in the last game for us that saw her dropped - mine will be one of the loudest voices giving it to her!
I agree with the OP. I saw the ball being bounced from the start at the next game played on the same ground. The commentators even remarked on that fact.

Sorry sainter dad.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Oh look, ANOTHER umpire thread, talk about obsessed...

Anyway, Sandilands is basically cooked, Marshall will jump all over him at the centre bounces.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

No excuses for the umps tomorrow in regards to bouncing the ball. The roof is closed. They have one job in the centre circle...how hard is it to bounce a football straight.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
minneapolis
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 10 Aug 2019 10:41pm No excuses for the umps tomorrow in regards to bouncing the ball. The roof is closed. They have one job in the centre circle...how hard is it to bounce a football straight.
It's hard. Have you ever got 10 in a row straight?

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 10 Aug 2019 10:03pm Oh look, ANOTHER umpire thread, talk about obsessed...

Anyway, Sandilands is basically cooked, Marshall will jump all over him at the centre bounces.
Yes ANOTHER thread about umpires. That makes two. Who's obsessed?...

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saynta
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 12:20pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 10 Aug 2019 10:03pm Oh look, ANOTHER umpire thread, talk about obsessed...

:wink:

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote: Sat 10 Aug 2019 6:50pm So if the umpires bounce the ball tonight but throw it up tomorrow will you concede the point?
Thanks, Toy Saint

But I reckon I missed where you conceded the point - lol!

― Aristophanes

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote: Sat 10 Aug 2019 6:36pm If the umpire bounces the ball it's trajectory is generally inconsistent. It could favor one ruckman or the other.

However when the ball it thrown up, it's trajectory is more predictable and will favor the taller ruckman.

So in tomorrow's match we would prefer the ball to be bounced as this will give Rowan Marshall more of a sporting chance against one of the biggest men ever to play AFL football.

We have that umpire again tomorrow, and I fear the umpires will unite again and not bounce the ball.

This will advantage Sandilands and Freemantle.

Shame on you for this pathetic post.

Even more so that she bounced the ball in the middle all game.

All umpires throw it up if they have to recall a bounce for the rest of the quarter. A rule for all umps.

Should get banned for this type of pre crime outrage.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Yep, those who subscribe to the “women are too weak to bounce a ball” schtick are pathetic.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 3:00am Yep, those who subscribe to the “women are too weak to bounce a ball” schtick are pathetic.
Exactly.

And what this thread (made prior to the game) shows is the level of bias attributed.

Looking for reasons to be outraged, even before the game. Even if they are untrue.

Certainly a sad thread.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 11:45pm
Toy Saint wrote: Sat 10 Aug 2019 6:50pm So if the umpires bounce the ball tonight but throw it up tomorrow will you concede the point?
Thanks, Toy Saint

But I reckon I missed where you conceded the point - lol!
Not a comment you see here very often, but I was wrong.

All of the umpires bounced the ball.

And for what it's worth, I felt the umpire standard was just mediocre, not as diabolical as many on here believe.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Want to now try giving that another count :roll:

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 11:45am

Want to now try giving that another count :roll:
Ok. I've counted again, and it was definitely two at the time I posted that. Rollyeyes rollyeyes.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post