BRANDON WHITE

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Re: BRANDON WHITE

The_President wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2019 6:05pm
Saintmatt wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2019 5:45pm
barks4eva wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2019 12:39pm McKenzie comes in for Paton :roll:

Brandon White is a better footballer than both of them.

More garbage dished up from the coaches, match committee and football department.
There's something not right about the B White scenario.

I was glad when Ratten came in and then - boom - instantly, Mckenzie was gone. Thank fvck for that. He's a taller Geary and not as good a runner and only a worse kick (if possible).

White is everything we could want in a half back. He's basically a defensive version of Isaac Smith.

I'd much rather see him play than Savage - he's the like for like replacement in that team

No he isn’t. White is one of those players that has become a potential All Australian guy thanks to Saintsational.
Yep. The next Minchington.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Looks like we will never know T_P.

Will be interesting to see how he turns out. I'm enjoying the theories though, looks like it's personality based, nothing else makes sense to me.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

I have yet to see Brandon White do anything to get my pulse racing when he has played at AFL level. A very good VFL player, but he is not on my list of players that will be crucial to our future.

Don't like or dislike him as a player, don't know anything about him as a bloke. Just another player at this stage.

Saint supporter since '62
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2019 6:19pm
The_President wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2019 6:05pm
Saintmatt wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2019 5:45pm
barks4eva wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2019 12:39pm McKenzie comes in for Paton :roll:

Brandon White is a better footballer than both of them.

More garbage dished up from the coaches, match committee and football department.
There's something not right about the B White scenario.

I was glad when Ratten came in and then - boom - instantly, Mckenzie was gone. Thank fvck for that. He's a taller Geary and not as good a runner and only a worse kick (if possible).

White is everything we could want in a half back. He's basically a defensive version of Isaac Smith.

I'd much rather see him play than Savage - he's the like for like replacement in that team

No he isn’t. White is one of those players that has become a potential All Australian guy thanks to Saintsational.
Yep. The next Minchington.
Bollocks. If you think White is a SS AA ... you’re a fool. I’d love to know how many Sandy games you’ve watched LIVE over the past 2 years. He plays as a rebounding half back. Every week. And kills it.

By the way - he’s no Minch. Minch was perennially injured. White is rarely injured.

Perhaps just stick to announcing non existent trade / draft stuff you hear on SEN yeah?

Go you red, black & white warriors
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Watched plenty of Sandy games. The kid is ok but nothing special. There are other issues at play.

And yes, he gets talked up here like he is a magician and deviously by a select few for different reasons. E.g. to have a crack at Richo for not selecting him

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Trev from the Bush wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2019 8:05pm I have yet to see Brandon White do anything to get my pulse racing when he has played at AFL level. A very good VFL player, but he is not on my list of players that will be crucial to our future.

Don't like or dislike him as a player, don't know anything about him as a bloke. Just another player at this stage.
How would you know? Cho very, very rarely played him. Instead preferring sh1t kicks out of the backline like MacKenzie. Why wouldn’t you ray him in a wing instead of Newnes when he was in such stellar form. Fvck me - I’d have preferred White over an injured & slow Weller

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2019 8:48pm Watched plenty of Sandy games. The kid is ok but nothing special. There are other issues at play.

And yes, he gets talked up here like he is a magician and deviously by a select few for different reasons. E.g. to have a crack at Richo for not selecting him
Are you honestly telling me that you’d have preferred Newnes’ 1 tackle / 6 game streak last year instead.

Or an injured Weller instead?

They’re just facts of what Cho presided over. The definition of playing favourites.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Newnes and Weller....here we go again. 🙄🙄🙄

Total = 1.
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

There'll be no White Rice at the saints next year, we've only won one flag in our mediocre existence, no point falling in love with GOP's, at best.

All they do is help the club's spoon collection.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
SMS
Club Player

Newnes and Weller are s***

f****** hell seriously when domwe get rid of newnes???

package him
off to gc suns that dumping ground

<1 day ban for demeaning a Saints player>

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2019 8:54pm Newnes and Weller....here we go again. 🙄🙄🙄
What’s the problem with what I’ve said? You do know it’s a lot of the reason as to why Cho had to step away don’t you?

FFs - surely even you can see that doing dumb sh-t like that over and over again - at the expense of even trying others - was a big part of his downfall?

How’d you be rocking up to training each week Ted looking at THE LIKES of Weller, Newnes, DMac etc wondering what in God’s name you have do to surpass their abject mediocrity?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2019 9:01pm There'll be no White Rice at the saints next year, we've only won one flag in our mediocre existence, no point falling in love with GOP's, at best.

Or West Coast win flags - they love our GOPs!

This is what I find interesting about the White debate. He's been good enough to play a dozen games, good enough to be in Sandy's best more often than not. So it's fair to say he should be afforded an opportunity.

I don't remember the angst about Hutchings being cut but I keep hearing the experts now asking how we could let him go.

As for Cripps, f@ck Cripps! A cat with mummy issues.

silverhalo
Club Player

Like many others on here, I can't see why White doesn't get a game - he definitely looks the goods whenever I watch Sandy play. Can only be a personality / attitudinal problem - maybe a throwback to last year (or was it the year before) when he turned up to preseason training in bad shape???

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2019 9:59pm
Wayne42 wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2019 9:01pm There'll be no White Rice at the saints next year, we've only won one flag in our mediocre existence, no point falling in love with GOP's, at best.

This is what I find interesting about the White debate. He's been good enough to play a dozen games, good enough to be in Sandy's best more often than not. So it's fair to say he should be afforded an opportunity.

I don't remember the angst about Hutchings being cut but I keep hearing the experts now asking how we could let him go.

Those other clubs can develop them, the saints can't, why is that, those players are shite when we have have them, role players or better when other clubs have them, go figure.

There has to be a reason why we only have 1 flag to our name. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2019 10:56pm
Ghost Like wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2019 9:59pm

Those other clubs can develop them, the saints can't, why is that, those players are shite when we have have them, role players or better when other clubs have them, go figure.

There has to be a reason why we only have 1 flag to our name. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Putrid luck?

Saintly66
Club Player

Saintmatt wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2019 9:12pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2019 8:54pm Newnes and Weller....here we go again. 🙄🙄🙄
What’s the problem with what I’ve said? You do know it’s a lot of the reason as to why Cho had to step away don’t you?

FFs - surely even you can see that doing dumb sh-t like that over and over again - at the expense of even trying others - was a big part of his downfall?

How’d you be rocking up to training each week Ted looking at THE LIKES of Weller, Newnes, DMac etc wondering what in God’s name you have do to surpass their abject mediocrity?
Can back this up, definitely zapped the confidence of the younger players who tried week in week out at vfl level only to get continuously snubbed. But hey not to worry the supposed “experts” on here should be able to form a rebuttal.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

The big question - is Saintmatt's real name Mrs White?

Saint supporter since '62
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Lol

Total = 1.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

I thought it was just ARs fault White hasn’t played?

Now two coaches, let alone the line coaches and dev coaches input. Is it conceivable that he just ain’t that good?
If I had to guess, I’d say his offence is ok, but his defending work is a bit of a question mark

Myron Gaines
Club Player

B.M wrote: Sat 03 Aug 2019 10:16am I thought it was just ARs fault White hasn’t played?

Now two coaches, let alone the line coaches and dev coaches input. Is it conceivable that he just ain’t that good?
If I had to guess, I’d say his offence is ok, but his defending work is a bit of a question mark
Maybe he isn’t any good or maybe he’s had a falling out with a collective at the club & has told them he’s out the door as soon as his contract is up.

He’s been one of the best performed at Sandy so selection integrity should dictate he’s had greater opportunity than he has been given.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Do you really reckon he’s told the club he’s out next season? What benefit would that serve him?

I think the othe4 way round, the club has probably stamped his papers.

If he was as good as he’s claimed to be, he’d be in the side.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sat 03 Aug 2019 10:45am If he was as good as he’s claimed to be, he’d be in the side.
Or perhaps the club is as per usual chock full of incompetent buffoons who wouldn't get the drum even if they had a brass band up them.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Myron Gaines
Club Player

B.M wrote: Sat 03 Aug 2019 10:45am Do you really reckon he’s told the club he’s out next season? What benefit would that serve him?

I think the othe4 way round, the club has probably stamped his papers.

If he was as good as he’s claimed to be, he’d be in the side.
No idea but it’s a scenario that needs to be considered.

Josh Battle
Club Player

B.M wrote: Sat 03 Aug 2019 10:45am Do you really reckon he’s told the club he’s out next season? What benefit would that serve him?
The conflict may have occured last year or in 2017. Perhaps Brandon was too honest in his exit meetings. He's young. Sometimes young blokes are naive and let things slip which can have consequences

B.M
Saintsational Legend

So he told AR in 2017 that he’s leaving at the end of 2018. That would be a good move for his 2018 season. If he said that in his 2017 exit, he would have been delisted.

I think it’s a much more simple reason

There is deficits in his game which keep him out