Brad Scott to be announced as Saints coach in August

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Crossy66
Club Player

Re: Brad Scott to be announced as Saints coach in August

lefty wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 5:28pm Will not bother buying any membership if that flog is the coach at all. He did f'all at north and I'll never forgive the Scott's with Roo's collarbone.

Stuff this club if he's the coach.... #over it.

Go get Harvey and be done with it already, give the members some bloody faith in who they can trust, not some bs "highly regarded" crap, we've been down that line with Watters, then everyone was saying Richo was the right man etc. Its crap, need someone with heart for the club and authority.
What about going back to the GT era? After exhaustive process and a nationwide search, we appoint...

Simon Lethlean! Great vafa record!

Groovy Guru
Club Player

bigcarl wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 9:14pm
Groovy Guru wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 5:44pm I have feeling that Banger will be the Saints next coach ... the tide is slowly turning and there are are murmurs that some quality players would be more than happy to play under his tutelage.
Won't be up to the players, though, will it.
Since when did the Saints have some quality players :wink:

suss
Club Player

B.M wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 2:15pm Ratten 120 games, 60w 59l and a draw
Caretaker coach at the end of 2007
Coached 2008-2012
Finals in 2009 (seventh) 2010 (eighth) 2011 (fifth)
Only finals win was elimination final of 2011
Sacked at the end of 2012
Brett has been assistant at Melbourne, Carlton, Hawthorn, StK
And coached in the EFL

Scott coached 211 games
106 wins, 105l so nearly the same percentage
In ten seasons Brad coached North to the finals 4 times (twice was 8th)
Including two prelim finals
Also finishing 9th three times and tenth once. A couple of poor seasons.
Scott was an assistant coach under Mick Malthouse

Michael Voss
Coached 109 games at 40%
Finals once, first year
WCE assistant coach 2008
Assistant coach at Port Adelaide from 2015

Clarkson, Beveridge and Roos will not coach STK

I’ve actually heard Brett Ratten will coach again in the right circumstances, and StK is not the right circumstance.
Why not?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Groovy Guru wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 9:44pm
bigcarl wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 9:14pm
Groovy Guru wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 5:44pm I have feeling that Banger will be the Saints next coach ... the tide is slowly turning and there are are murmurs that some quality players would be more than happy to play under his tutelage.
Won't be up to the players, though, will it.
Since when did the Saints have some quality players :wink:
Ah, I get you now.

I can't really see him as a senior coach though

Special
Club Player

saynta wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 12:16pm
Legendary wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 12:02pm Reckon we'd lose 5k members if Scott is appointed. Talking to many supporters who are not part of online forums, they share the same view - Scott had ten years at North, he fell over the line into two prelims and overachieved but that was 5 years ago and he's done nothing since. He is widely disliked from his playing days too.

Whatever you say about Shaw, he has coached North to victories against quality opposition for 5 weeks now since taking over from Scott.

Scott is a very hard sell for any club that appoints him. He just doesn't have the runs on the board in recent times.

I'm also hearing talk around Voss to Carlton, apparently Judd has spoken in favour of this.

The unknown is the Bombers - if they miss finals, there will be enormous pressure to get rid of Worsfold.
Fair comments. The saints are certain to lose the nine memberships I pay for if that thug is appointed the saints coach.

I still remember him throwing Lenny Hayes into a fence.

He is not an acceptable appointment to hundreds of saints members.
Good. Off you go then and same to other supporters who can’t handle a tough nut in Scott.

He’s abrasive like Watters was but with a brain attached to his neck. I think he’s the perfect antidote to fix the Richo dazed at the wheel zombieness our club has got into.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Ape_Man wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 1:47am If the club thinks that Brad Scott is the answer then I’m done.

He had a decade to prove himself. Over twice as long as Lyon or GT.

Surely we won’t do that.
If we all can see that then the afl footy boys club is a joke and it’s clear they treat us members as mugs who’ll continue to hand over our cash for pathetic management decisions.

If Scott’s appointed I’m officially done.

I know the blind faithful will bang on about strength through loyalty, the jumper, the cause ...yada yada yada but IF this decision gets made we are all being taken for fools and this fool and his money has been parted far to long and often by 5his clubs pathetic morons running the show

“Yeah….nah””
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Fri 12 Jul 2019 12:27am
Ape_Man wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 1:47am If the club thinks that Brad Scott is the answer then I’m done.

Surely we won’t do that.
If we all can see that then the afl footy boys club is a joke and it’s clear they treat us members as mugs who’ll continue to hand over our cash for pathetic management decisions.

I know the blind faithful will bang on about strength through loyalty, the jumper, the cause ...yada yada yada but IF this decision gets made we are all being taken for fools and this fool and his money has been parted far to long and often by 5his clubs pathetic morons running the show
If Brad Scott is appointed coach then the numbskull and bonehead secret boys club are truly pissing on us from a great height.

The Hannebery deal was a disaster from the get go and you'd have to be a fair dinkum goofball to not know this from the outset.

At the start of the year I predicted Hannebery would play six games this year and miss most of the year with injury.
His hamstring awareness :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: issues LOL, most likely will see him collect $800,000 a year for a handful of games each year.

The only reason Lethlean is at the football club is because he cheated on his wife when he couldn't keep his dick in his pants....great judgement and decision making :roll: and then five minutes's later he's gets shipped off to St.kilda to resurrect his corporate career where the clubs motto is Strength through Loyalty, LOL :roll: .... and then he makes this idiotic judgement and bonehead decision to recruit Hannebery on $800,000 a year for four years.... or perhaps he was just looking after his mates son at the club's expense.

Brad Scott's departure from North was suspicious at best and if Lethlean's mate is appointed as St.kilda's coach then I firmly believe this whole thing was orchestrated by the secret numbskull and bonehead boys club. If Brad Scott with his special brand of snake oil is appointed coach then the club is not getting one cent from me.
NADA, NOTHING, NOUGHT, ZIP, ZILCH DIDDLY SQUAT.

I'm hoping we have a great President who will NOT allow this to happen.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Laurie
Club Player

+ 1 on not renewing membership if Scott is appointed i am truly over it and the way the club is currently being run by our admin.
I guess Letthlean and co wil next be telling us how the K800 HB will be rested for the remainder of 2019 to get his body right for next year.
Fair dinkum unbelievable

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

I'd love to see Robert Harvey appointed St.kilda's senior coach.

If they can't get Alistair Clarkson or Luke Beveridge I'd be very happy to welcome Robert Harvey home.
He's done a very long coaching apprenticeship and I'd back him in to become a great leader of this football club.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
leighsaintsince66
Club Player

I too would like Banger to be appointed if we can't get Clarkson.
Banger may not be great with a laptop presentation or the most articulate in front of the media.
He is a highly driven immensely determined guy however who has served a long enough apprenticeship.
I wouldn't underestimate Banger.
I agree, he could also play a role in assisting long suffering members to be more connected to the club, especially if accompanied by Lenny Hayes for example.
This is a crucial time in terms of our history, allegiance etc.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 2:53pm Hearing B Scott will be the coach unless we can coax someone else. Its going to be one mighty off season folks!!! :D :) :D :)
Here you go scoop, which one is your preference?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/coupler ... 1fcf059922

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.the ... 525b2.html

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/tom-br ... lda-138672

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Geez, you wasted time searching articles.

My source is not online...and they shall remain a secret. 🤫

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

I nominate this thread as worst post of the year. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Sat 13 Jul 2019 12:43am I nominate this thread as worst post of the year. :roll: :roll: :roll:

A thread can't be a post after it has a second post replying to the first post. Once there are multiple posts and multiple pages within the particular thread it becomes a bit confusing for someone to nominate the specific thread in any way in relation to best or worst post because technically the whole thread is not a post

Make sense? If you want to nominate your post as worst post of the year, or my post as best of the year, they could technically qualify

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 12 Jul 2019 11:28pm

My source is not online...and they shall remain a secret. 🤫
Great idea parkeytedaway!

You wouldn’t want to let slip a source that shares high quality and accurate inside information.

Still the best ITK on this forum Ted 👍
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote:
Billings gone for Essendon's 1st rounder. Done deal. Pick 9.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Wayne42 wrote: Sat 13 Jul 2019 12:43am I nominate this thread as worst post of the year. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Agreed.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:10am

A thread can't be a post after it has a second post replying to the first post. Once there are multiple posts and multiple pages within the particular thread it becomes a bit confusing for someone to nominate the specific thread in any way in relation to best or worst post because technically the whole thread is not a post

Make sense? If you want to nominate your post as worst post of the year, or my post as best of the year, they could technically qualify
Interesting, when you create a thread the only way to get it on board is by posting it, then you go on board to read your post to make sure it's worked, only now it's not a post, especially if
someone has replied to it.

I'm going to search this board for a "Thread a reply" button. That might help me.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: Fri 12 Jul 2019 1:26am

Surely we won’t do that.

If Brad Scott is appointed coach then the numbskull and bonehead secret boys club are truly pissing on us from a great height.

The Hannebery deal was a disaster from the get go and you'd have to be a fair dinkum goofball to not know this from the outset.

At the start of the year I predicted Hannebery would play six games this year and miss most of the year with injury.
His hamstring awareness :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: issues LOL, most likely will see him collect $800,000 a year for a handful of games each year.

The only reason Lethlean is at the football club is because he cheated on his wife when he couldn't keep his dick in his pants....great judgement and decision making :roll: and then five minutes's later he's gets shipped off to St.kilda to resurrect his corporate career where the clubs motto is Strength through Loyalty, LOL :roll: .... and then he makes this idiotic judgement and bonehead decision to recruit Hannebery on $800,000 a year for four years.... or perhaps he was just looking after his mates son at the club's expense.

Brad Scott's departure from North was suspicious at best and if Lethlean's mate is appointed as St.kilda's coach then I firmly believe this whole thing was orchestrated by the secret numbskull and bonehead boys club. If Brad Scott with his special brand of snake oil is appointed coach then the club is not getting one cent from me.
NADA, NOTHING, NOUGHT, ZIP, ZILCH DIDDLY SQUAT.

I'm hoping we have a great President who will NOT allow this to happen.
how you going you todger toker??!!

Glad to see you are still alive

BigMart is back also. Like the old days!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
seano1
Club Player

Still think we need a big fish ....no point swapping like for like what about Simpson

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Surely we won’t do that.

I agree with you completely.

And I'm in the same boat. I just cannot continually keep backing up when we have such disconnected fools running the club.

Scott would be an appalling choice. Just diabolical.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Newnes is a spud but holding the ball for that when down the other end Toohey gets 15 mins come on....
This sport is stuffed

“Yeah….nah””
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 5:28pm Will not bother buying any membership if that flog is the coach at all. He did f'all at north and I'll never forgive the Scott's with Roo's collarbone.

Stuff this club if he's the coach.... #over it.

Go get Harvey and be done with it already, give the members some bloody faith in who they can trust, not some bs "highly regarded" crap, we've been down that line with Watters, then everyone was saying Richo was the right man etc. Its crap, need someone with heart for the club and authority.
Brad Scott didn’t play in that game where Michael & C.Scott hit Roo after he broke his collar bone.

Sins of the brother here lefty.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Might as well have stuck with Richo if we end up with one of the thug brothers.

Legendary
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 24 Jul 2019 7:19am
Brad Scott didn’t play in that game where Michael & C.Scott hit Roo after he broke his collar bone.

Sins of the brother here lefty.
Brad Scott did however throw Lenny Hayes into a fence and break his hand.