The List is Good

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HighettMan
Club Player

The List is Good

Today's performance started last week. The players carried the same intensity from last week into today's game.

The list is good there is no doubt about it and I think we can rise quickly with a little luck on the injury front and a successful trade period.

Have the courage to call out r ACE ism
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Re: The List is Good

I think we have started well by changing the coach. I think our list can improve markedly through trades and picks but my god it was refreshing to see the young blokes play with freedom.

So we are on our way to correcting & connecting the 3 pillars, coaching, recruiting & development.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Steven, Hannebery, Battle and King to get back in this side for next year.
Possibly Geary, Kent and Long to push for a spot also.

If Steven and Hanners can get back to top form, it could be a resurgent 2020

Nee!
HighettMan
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Sun 21 Jul 2019 11:39pm I think we have started well by changing the coach. I think our list can improve markedly through trades and picks but my god it was refreshing to see the young blokes play with freedom.

So we are on our way to correcting & connecting the 3 pillars, coaching, recruiting & development.
It started last week. The new coach circus effect will dissipate quicky but I don't think we will hear the sound of a dead cat bouncing because we have a good list that has heen cruelled by jnjury.

What's changed in the past 2 weeks other than the coach. Jake is getting some touch and run in his legs jow that his pre season is almost completed and Jack L is back in the side. This guy alone creates real hardness and intensity and makes his teammates walk a little taller it would seem.

7 wins and we are still a mathematical chance of finals. Look through the list of players to come back too. Like I say a good list that can only get better.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

We still need top end cream and particularly top-end mids who are damaging with the ball.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
B.M
Saintsational Legend

No it’s not

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

saintsRrising wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2019 4:07pm We still need top end cream and particularly top-end mids who are damaging with the ball.
agreed and Im not going to even count Hannebery as a saviour either
Simply we must draft a future AA onballer next draft
Bytel MUST have an impact in 2020
Billings & Gresham must improve as onballers and you can add Hind into the midfield mix as well

I have given up on the club attracting the kind of big fish midfielder we have all been hoping for over the last 5 years

Seeya
HighettMan
Club Player

B.M wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2019 6:22pmNo it’s not
I've played the game for 35 years in this current life and I say it's good.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

We sit 15th

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2019 7:16pm
I have given up on the club attracting the kind of big fish midfielder we have all been hoping for over the last 5 years
That idea was always doomed to failure as was the AFL's belief that FA would assist in levelling the competition.

FA was a big factor in the Hawk's three-peat and now in allowing the Tigers to gain Lynch for free will be a big factor if they do win a second flag. Both teams though obviously doing a lot of other things right.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I think the list is good enough to play finals next year with the right coach 👍

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

I like our list too. I think add a handful of stars and we would have a very strong list because we have a lot of depth.

But i have to agree with others we do lack star power, some of that will come from players improving and we will also need to draft well

Ape_Man
Club Player

I think we are going to be all right.

I also believe we have some A grade talent in the making. We just have to develop it.

Richo had a difficult job developing players over the past 3 years, and it wasn’t necessarily his fault. In 2016 we were pushing for finals, so he selected a team based on that. Last year it was trying to steady a sinking ship. Rather than develop talent he stuck to a known quantity, all because he signed a contract with a clause.

I think that clause in his contract was both a carrot and an anvil.

I don’t know how his manager negotiated for that stipulation. Maybe Richo’s optimistic bias led him to believe he had the tools to meet the terms of that clause.

Turns out an anvil outweighs a carrot.

HighettMan
Club Player

On 15th but all developing sides work thier way up.

Melbourne are below us atm but will be top 4 again next year.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

It’s a depth list. It could be very good if it had the addition of a few star players, which it doesn’t.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

HighettMan wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2019 8:24pm On 15th but all developing sides work thier way up.

It’s been a developing side since 2013.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
HighettMan
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2019 9:42pm
HighettMan wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2019 8:24pm On 15th but all developing sides work thier way up.

The 2009-2010 side that never was, was a developing side since 1999. What's your point.

gone fission
Club Player

If the list is actually good then 12 wins from his past 44 games says the previous coach was absolutely terrible.

Another 6 years lost.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

HighettMan wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2019 10:09pm

The 2009-2010 side that never was, was a developing side since 1999. What's your point.
That side hit its stride in 2004, winning 10 games on the trot, being a kick away from a grand final and had two All-Australians that year and the year before.

That’s my point.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

And 2000/2001/2002 was the height of the rebuild

We had numerous FRDPs in those years

HighettMan
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2019 10:15pm

That side hit its stride in 2004, winning 10 games on the trot, being a kick away from a grand final and had two All-Australians that year and the year before.

That’s my point.
Yeah we had sharp upward trajectory in 04 for sure then we dipped and plateaued for 5 years till 2009.

This current list had a sharp upward trajectory in 16 and 17. This list also had a dip and the sign's are we could rise sharply again.

Still not getting your point. You clearly believe development cycles should all be the same or should all just sharply and spectacularly rise to a flag in record breaking time and without a few hurdles along the way. There are rare exceptions but we are not one of them. Take Melbourne for example, prelim one year, wooden spoon the next. They will possibly be top 4 again next year.

BTW your signature is disgusting and repulsive.

Do you have a mother, sister, girlfriend or wife?

In the age of trying to educate the community about violence against women your signature is very out of step with how we should behave towards women.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

HighettMan wrote: Wed 24 Jul 2019 6:34am
SydneySainter wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2019 10:15pm

That’s my point.
Yeah we had sharp upward trajectory in 04 for sure then we dipped and plateaued for 5 years till 2009.

This current list had a sharp upward trajectory in 16 and 17. This list also had a dip and the sign's are we could rise sharply again.

Still not getting your point. You clearly believe development cycles should all be the same or should all just sharply and spectacularly rise to a flag in record breaking time and without a few hurdles along the way. There are rare exceptions but we are not one of them. Take Melbourne for example, prelim one year, wooden spoon the next. They will possibly be top 4 again next year.

In the age of trying to educate the community about violence against women your signature is very out of step with how we should behave towards women.
My point is that if we’re still developing with largely the same list for the past six seasons and we still have no star players, no AA’s since 2014, not pushing for finals and can’t attract that star free agent the club keeps promising. Shiel practically halved his potential salary by telling us “thanks but no thanks.” This is more than just a case of the list “still developing,” this is the club having to do a rebuild of Richo’s previous rebuild.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

HighettMan wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2019 6:27am
Ghost Like wrote: Sun 21 Jul 2019 11:39pm I think we have started well by changing the coach. I think our list can improve markedly through trades and picks but my god it was refreshing to see the young blokes play with freedom.

It started last week. The new coach circus effect will dissipate quicky but I don't think we will hear the sound of a dead cat bouncing because we have a good list that has heen cruelled by jnjury.

What's changed in the past 2 weeks other than the coach. Jake is getting some touch and run in his legs jow that his pre season is almost completed and Jack L is back in the side. This guy alone creates real hardness and intensity and makes his teammates walk a little taller it would seem.

7 wins and we are still a mathematical chance of finals. Look through the list of players to come back too. Like I say a good list that can only get better.
How foolish do the board look now, they sacked a coach when all the club needed was Jake with some run in his legs & a small forward who is just establishing himself in the 22 to return from a knee injury. As long as these two stay on the park we can't lose!

How's the bring back Richo petition going?

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

The list is good. Still have too many soldiers and not enough class for my liking though. An ounce of footy luck to go St Kilda’s way would also be nice. Haven’t had much luck since Milney’s ball bounced sideways nearly a DECADE ago.

GSG
Club Player

[quote=

[/quote]

1++++ I'm surprised he gets away with this signature!