The Black Cloud Finally Lifts...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Black Cloud Finally Lifts...

We kicked straighter against average opposition.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

B.M wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2019 7:35pm We kicked straighter against average opposition.
I think that's very simplistic.

For a start - we had 17 Marks Inside 50, when we usually average 11.

Lonie, Membrey, Acres and Savage led this stat for us.

So we were not bombing it.

That was the biggest difference. We were entering F50 with intent - not in a defensive manner. That's what got us going early, and what kept us in it when they came back at us.

The improved accuracy was largely due to better opportunities in my opinion. And more opportunities.

We average 49.1% from 21.6 shots. Yesterday we went at 54.8% from 31 shots.

It was only a 5% improvement in accuracy. With the same accuracy as usual, we'd have finished with 15 goals 16 behinds which would still have won the game.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Gresham and Carlisle - two very talented players who pick and choose when to play - played.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Again, we had 17 marks i50

The dogs attack from d50, a lot of our marks were from mid turnovers, where the defenders had pushed forward and caught out of position and we got them over the back.

Also, name the dogs two key defenders? They are putrid

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2019 8:16pm Again, we had 17 marks i50

The dogs attack from d50, a lot of our marks were from mid turnovers, where the defenders had pushed forward and caught out of position and we got them over the back.

We can only beat who they put on the park, something we've only done 10 times out of the previous 38 outings.

I believe one of the backman was Cordy, to go down in folklore as the player that got the Dogs into the 2016 GF by accidentally knocking out Ward.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

B.M wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2019 8:16pm Again, we had 17 marks i50

We average 11 after 17 games.

They average 13 against each week.

We also had 16 Goal Assists, when we average 8 for the season.

It was an above average performance no matter which way you look at it.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Yup, the players played with an increased amount of spirit & intensity. Richo lost the playing group & Ratts got them back. Now it’s up to both to maintain this standard.

Don’t downplay the opposition, the Dogs had won 4/5 which included a win against the Cats & the only loss a 9 point loss to an in form Pies outfit.

The tale of the tape is 31-19 scoring shots. The Dogs kicked 10.0 in the second half & if it wasn’t for their absurd accuracy we would have beat one of the inform teams in the comp by 10 goals.

Apart from the players playing for their coach what was noticeable & obviously a direction was the emphasis on ball retention in the back half & then the quick sling shot when a teammate was open in the middle. The team played with an increase in dare & maturity & the result was a completely different side.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

quick check of urban dictionary. all good someone decided to give himself that nickname and got his mates to like it.
so it's taken for ever by the defining word bible of our moderator.
what a joke it is - wool pulled completely over his eyes and he's still blinded by his refusal to unravel it.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

saynta wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2019 11:49am
The Linton Street Flash wrote: Sun 21 Jul 2019 9:57pm For all the posturing about his integrity, his character, his sacrifice, and all the rest of the nonsense and guff rolled about the mighty Alan, the truth is he’s gone, and with him goes the black cloak of doom that’s loomed over this club for the last 3 years or so.

I’ve nothing against Alwn personally, as I’ve never met the bloke, but I gots to say, the best view I’ve ever had of the mighty Alan is the view we got this week... his back!

It’s like colour has again returned to the club, like fresh air has blown in through the door, like sun light is peaking through the clouds and little sprouts of green are poking through the soil..

Alan is gone, let the good time roll!!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Ho ho ho!!

Look again it's the Flash!!