If Scott ends up as coach?...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Laurie
Club Player

Re: If Scott ends up as coach?...

Definitely will not renew my wifes and i socail club membership if Scott is appointed.
The broom needs to come out and sweep Finnis Lethlean Sexton alongwith our medical staff out the door.
They should all be made accountable for the decisions they have made.
As a club we have gone backwards under their reign and have become a circus NO wonder we cannot recruit A grade players who in their right mind would want to come to StKilda.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

saynta wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 4:34pm
Josh Battle wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 4:07pm Why would anyone find amusement in the fact that rusted on supporters would feel the need to 'stop supporting' to get a message across?

If the football department is run to benefit certain individuals as a priority over the long term health of the club then it is time for the fans to stop supporting. Giving the role to Scott will be perceived as another job for the boys type appointment imo

The message is simple: We will 'support' the Sainters if the employees are as passionate as we are.

I'd love Lenny or Xman or Mini to be at our club next year in a supporting role with Ratts as head coach. I still think Ratten needs to present to the club and unless we find an alternative outstanding candidate I think the job is his
Good post with sensible comments,

Sneids is also an assistant coach. With GWS I believe.
GWS website says
Schneids joined Beaumaris in 2017 as coach, VAFA.

2018 Joined Giants as the coach of their NEAFL team.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Special wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 4:19pm
SaintPav wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 12:29pm
Special wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 12:25pm
SaintPav wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 12:07pm
saynta wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 12:04pm
Leo.J wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 9:31am ...I for one will be disillusioned with the club and will most probably walk away, not renewing my membership again.
Me too mate, me too.
Me too.
Well the three of you please close the door behind you.

What specifically are the issues with Scott?

I don’t get the sooking.

I actually think we have too many namby bamby fans.

Bring on Scott?
f*** off.
Thanks Pav - that clarifies everything
What do you expect after having a crack so boohoo, cry me a f****** river Saintpremiers.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 5:33pm What if Scott won us a premiership????? Would you all come grovelling back???? I personally hated the bloke when he played for Brisbane, complete thug, but I loved Stevie Baker and he arguably did a lot worse.
I really don't give a rats arse whether I like a coach or not, I just want a flag before I depart this world, and if Scott is the best person to bring this home then bring him on
The ugly sour faced thug had 10 years at north and delivered doughnuts. So I would be absolutely astounded if he had any more success at Moorabbin.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Why do people think Brad Scott will be appointed coach?

Is this because of Sam McClueless' speculation with Scott's close friendship with Lethlean? There is no credibility to any of that BS whatsoever.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
The Barometer
Club Player

I’ll trust Basset to appoint best available. If that’s Scott then he will (initially) get my support.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

In Bassett we trust... why is that?

The Barometer
Club Player

B.M wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:40pm In Bassett we trust... why is that?
President? Successful businessman? Why should we not trust?

Rocket
Club Player

The crap that keeps surfacing..Harden up!!!

If Scott ends up being the best candidate so be it. Who gives a toss if he is Lethlean’s mate. We want success at .... if he is the man get on with it. Don’t renew your membership go and cry in the corner.

There will be a process. Bassatt has done more than anyone on this site professionally, so back him in to get the right person.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

I think we should go for someone from Gryffindor.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Josh Battle wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 4:07pm Why would anyone find amusement in the fact that rusted on supporters would feel the need to 'stop supporting' to get a message across?

To be honest, it's akin to people cracking the sads about how Game of Thrones ended.

leighsaintsince66
Club Player

Rocket wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:53pm The crap that keeps surfacing..Harden up!!!

If Scott ends up being the best candidate so be it. Who gives a toss if he is Lethlean’s mate. We want success at .... if he is the man get on with it. Don’t renew your membership go and cry in the corner.

There will be a process. Bassatt has done more than anyone on this site professionally, so back him in to get the right person.
Have you heard of Lindsay Fox?
Fox had done a lot professionally as well.
Under his watch Fox chose Alex Jesaulenko ( Jezza) as our coach (initially captain coach).
Sadly Jezza finished after 1982 with a record of 13 wins, 49 losses and two draws.

leighsaintsince66
Club Player

Rocket wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:53pm The crap that keeps surfacing..Harden up!!!

Have you heard of Lindsay Fox?
Fox had done a lot professionally as well.
Under his watch Fox chose Alex Jesaulenko ( Jezza) as our coach (initially captain coach).
Sadly Jezza finished after 1982 with a record of 13 wins, 49 losses and two draws.

Sorry! Double post

Leo.J
SS Life Member

BarryGrogan wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 8:30pm

To be honest, it's akin to people cracking the sads about how Game of Thrones ended.
This program is more like East Enders, it’s long running and depressing.

I’m pulling the pin if they introduce another sh!te character, who annoyed me on another crap show that was unsuccessful.

Rocket
Club Player

Go the half empty glass Leigh Saint !!!

I suppose Bassat and football knowledge is in same basket as Fox. I’d imagine that why his brother is on AFL commission... knows nothing. I trust your judgement.

leighsaintsince66
Club Player

You shouldn't trust my judgement Rocket.

I only provide psychological services.

Besides, my brother has a mental illness.
He knows nothing about footy.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

if he gets the job it will show how much the club thinks of it's supporters

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Purely my opinion but I just don’t think the club could go with Brad Scott even if they genuinely believed he was the best choice.

Our image is a real problem at the moment and something that needs to be addressed.

Part of the perception is that we’re a bit of a mates/hand shake club and that we make really bad appointments.

Brad Scott would build on both of those perceptions.

No matter the process, any appointment of Brad Scott would reek of mates appointment and more importantly, said appointment comes with a huge watering down of expectations.
How does someone who was fired from his club after 10yrs of no ultimate success followed up with his former team’s marked improvement post sacking supposed to make us look as though we’re on the right path?

St.Kilda is already the biggest challenge in the AFL landscape in terms of coaching... why appoint someone with these handicaps from the start.
Ratten who had some time away as an assistant coach and an opportunity to grow or guys like Harvey, Mitchell, Hayes etc that scream either experience or upbeat positive champ coming out of the game have a certain excitement and enthusiasm to them.

Scott appears only to have downside

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sat 20 Jul 2019 12:44am Purely my opinion but I just don’t think the club could go with Brad Scott even if they genuinely believed he was the best choice.

Our image is a real problem at the moment and something that needs to be addressed.

Part of the perception is that we’re a bit of a mates/hand shake club and that we make really bad appointments.

Brad Scott would build on both of those perceptions.

No matter the process, any appointment of Brad Scott would reek of mates appointment and more importantly, said appointment comes with a huge watering down of expectations.
How does someone who was fired from his club after 10yrs of no ultimate success followed up with his former team’s marked improvement post sacking supposed to make us look as though we’re on the right path?

St.Kilda is already the biggest challenge in the AFL landscape in terms of coaching... why appoint someone with these handicaps from the start.
Ratten who had some time away as an assistant coach and an opportunity to grow or guys like Harvey, Mitchell, Hayes etc that scream either experience or upbeat positive champ coming out of the game have a certain excitement and enthusiasm to them.

Scott appears only to have downside
Super post couldn’t say it better - iF this appointment was made it’s a major step backwards for mine

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Rubbish. Who gives a rats about how game of thrones ended. Saints and their coach on the other hand............

BarryGrogan
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sat 20 Jul 2019 11:13am

Rubbish. Who gives a rats about how game of thrones ended. Saints and their coach on the other hand............
In reality, the impact on your life is exactly the same.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Sat 20 Jul 2019 12:31pm
saynta wrote: Sat 20 Jul 2019 11:13am

In reality, the impact on your life is exactly the same.
More crap from you Barry. A win and I go to bed happy. A flag would brighten up my whole existence for many years and I would die with a smile on my face. You obviously are not a really committed Saints fan.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i was happy in my nappy forever more
after little finger got his jugular sliced

a fabulous moment in contemporary viewing

a saints flag would beat it but.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
BarryGrogan
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sat 20 Jul 2019 1:04pm A flag would brighten up my whole existence for many years and I would die with a smile on my face.
That's pretty sad dude.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I am of the opinion that we need to, at a complete minimum be top four by 2025 or we are done. A premiership in the next five years must be the goal. The realistic goal.

Brad Scott, based on his ten season block of work at North Melbourne is not the guy to take us there.

I'll just switch off sooner rather than later. Wont hurt quite as much when they merge us with f****** Gold Coast and send us to Tasmania.

If the club appoint Scott then they are holding their members in complete contempt.

They need to be on notice.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....