Alan Will Call it Himself.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Alan Will Call it Himself.

Think it’s fair to say that if Richo was going to call it himself, he would have done so by now.

Jumping before you get pushed isn’t exactly an integrity move like it’s being implied.

Special
Club Player

tony74 wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 9:58pm No, Richo won’t be coaching us next year.
So has it finally come time that finals is so extremely unlikely that Richo & the club can shake hands and get it done today or do we have to wait until it’s “actually” impossible to make finals??

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Special wrote: Mon 01 Jul 2019 8:06am
tony74 wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 9:58pm No, Richo won’t be coaching us next year.
So has it finally come time that finals is so extremely unlikely that Richo & the club can shake hands and get it done today or do we have to wait until it’s “actually” impossible to make finals??
My guess is that Richo will be pushed into 'resigning' but the spin will be that out of the goodness that is him, he'll coach the season out

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 9:50pm
st.byron wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 6:07pm
seano1 wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:54pm I think they are pondering if we get rid of richo now they would have to get Rats to coach out the year ....but if he wants scott to coach next year he will want richo to see out the year cause he wouldn’t want rats to turn us around in the caretaker mode
I reckon it’s all about the money. Can’t sack him until it’s clear we can’t make finals.
Yeah I think you are pretty well correct and I think the new boy has a gentleman’s agreement at this stage. But I will preface that by saying a few of our more well off supporters are putting their hand in their pocket hoping to entice an other.
So Lethlean has made a gentleman's agreement with Brad Scott?

Where’s the process?

Why does one person have so much discretion and authority?

First the Hanners trade and now this.

This is real cronyism.

I won't be renewing 2 memberships if this scenario transpires....this is just too much..
Last edited by SaintPav on Mon 01 Jul 2019 9:21am, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Myron Gaines
Club Player

The wheel can turn quickly. The Dogs were a rabble under Brendan McCarthy. The difference is that they have a strong president who isn’t afraid to pull the trigger.

Cho is about 9 months past his expiry date. Should’ve been done last year & consequently 12 months will have been wasted.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Scott nearly got North into the GF. He can coach. Yes, he is a bit of a wanker at times but I reckon he would lift our list to another playing level plus bring in 2-3 good players.

Maybe we need a hard arse.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Myron Gaines
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Mon 01 Jul 2019 9:16am
seano1 wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:54pm I think they are pondering if we get rid of richo now they would have to get Rats to coach out the year ....but if he wants scott to coach next year he will want richo to see out the year cause he wouldn’t want rats to turn us around in the caretaker mode
I reckon it’s all about the money. Can’t sack him until it’s clear we can’t make finals.
Yeah I think you are pretty well correct and I think the new boy has a gentleman’s agreement at this stage. But I will preface that by saying a few of our more well off supporters are putting their hand in their pocket hoping to entice an other.

Where’s the process?

This is real cronyism.

This is just too much...

I won't be renewing 2 memberships if this scenario transpires.
The last two processes we ran got us Watters & Richardson. Maybe we need Lethlean to call in a favour & get his mate into the club as coach? I’m not sure I have a great deal of trust in our processes.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

North's performances since Scott left can't have helped his reputation. The mates relationship might actually work against him - Simon wanting to be like Caesars wife so to speak since his rehabilitation.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Myron Gaines wrote: Mon 01 Jul 2019 9:23am

Where’s the process?

This is real cronyism.

This is just too much...

The last two processes we ran got us Watters & Richardson. Maybe we need Lethlean to call in a favour & get his mate into the club as coach? I’m not sure I have a great deal of trust in our processes.
This is a weak argument and I never said previous processes were perfect...Lethlean doing his own deals isn't good.

Special
Club Player

Where’s the process?

This is real cronyism.

This is just too much...

Correct.

And that’s why we are under AFL watch just as Brisbane and the Dees were.

Some sooky Saints fans don’t like Brad Scott because he has a bit of c*** about him and for what he did onfield to some of our players 15 years ago. But I like his hard arsed approach and no bullshyte. It will sort a few of our players out. Some won’t like it and will leave. So be it.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Pav, my point is that you need to utilise those at your disposal that have the connections & network to get quality people into your organisation. Whether you agree that B Scott is quality or not is a totally separate argument. Board may love him, Prez may love him, the AFL may love him & HE may not have looked at us twice if not got the prior relationship with SL.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Mon 01 Jul 2019 9:51am

This is a weak argument and I never said previous processes were perfect...Lethlean doing his own deals isn't good.
Do you have this confirmed?

That the Board and new president, and CEO are allowing the GM of Football to hire and fire people without any signoff or unput from his superiors?

Myron Gaines
Club Player

BarryGrogan wrote: Mon 01 Jul 2019 10:39am

That the Board and new president, and CEO are allowing the GM of Football to hire and fire people without any signoff or unput from his superiors?
You are making the assumption that Brad Scott is not highly regarded in the industry.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Where’s the process?

This is real cronyism.

This is just too much...

Exactly. The last process before that we were about to appoint Longmire before Robert Walls suggested we interview Ross Lyon. Lyon wasn't even interviewed in the 1st or 2nd rounds of that process. Whatever you think of the way Lyon left us ... I'm not unhappy we didn't follow that process.

And a point of clarification - we didn't run a process when Richo was appointed. Becuase Watters was sacked so late - they literally went to Richo and offered him the job as he was the runner-up in the Watters selection "process".

Go you red, black & white warriors
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Scott may be a good coach, but that is not the point. Is he the best available candidate

It looks like Lethers is calling the shots. Scott and him go back so it's not a good look.

2+2 = 4.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I know about as much as you. They are questions that need to be asked.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Mon 01 Jul 2019 10:49am

Where’s the process?

This is real cronyism.

This is just too much...

Exactly. The last process before that we were about to appoint Longmire before Robert Walls suggested we interview Ross Lyon. Lyon wasn't even interviewed in the 1st or 2nd rounds of that process. Whatever you think of the way Lyon left us ... I'm not unhappy we didn't follow that process.

And a point of clarification - we didn't run a process when Richo was appointed. Becuase Watters was sacked so late - they literally went to Richo and offered him the job as he was the runner-up in the Watters selection "process".
All irrelevant now..

BarryGrogan
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Mon 01 Jul 2019 10:53am

But you're answering them.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Where’s the process?

This is real cronyism.

This is just too much...

From memory we tried to implement an on the run process however Richardson refused to be interviewed & gave the board a take it or leave it approach. Interviewing & communication has always been Richardson’s knock so no surprise he makes attempts to avoid it.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Mon 01 Jul 2019 10:51am Scott may be a good coach, but that is not the point. Is he the best available candidate

It looks like Lethers is calling the shots. Scott and him go back so it's not a good look.

2+2 = 4.
If he is appointment, in their view yes.

There is more than one way to form the view who the best candidate is & that may exclude going through an overt interview process. I’m sure the board would look at all available evidence & have Scott present to them albeit without competition.

I am confident (also insert hoping) that if Lethlean is championing Scott to be our next coach it is because it’s his opinion of him as a coach & not as a friend.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Myron Gaines wrote: Mon 01 Jul 2019 11:05am

Where’s the process?

This is real cronyism.

This is just too much...

From memory we tried to implement an on the run process however Richardson refused to be interviewed & gave the board a take it or leave it approach. Interviewing & communication has always been Richardson’s knock so no surprise he makes attempts to avoid it.
I'm hardly Richo's greatest fan but it went roughly like this: -

StK sacked Watters so late (Oct 31) that pretty every potential candidate was locked away. We then went to Richo who replied something along the lines of "I'm busy with list management and draft strategy at PA - what do you need to interview me again for? I haven't changed in the 18 months since you last interviewed me so, if you want to offer me the job; I'll consider it but I'm not going through another one of your processes only to finish second to someone who says all the right things but has no substance" (a reference to Watters).

And to think that we had to PA compensation for hiring Cho :roll:

Go you red, black & white warriors
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Just the title of this thread is funny, scary funny.

Can we really trust him to make the right call?

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Honestly anything is better than Richo at the moment.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Mon 01 Jul 2019 10:55am
SaintPav wrote: Mon 01 Jul 2019 10:53am

But you're answering them.
If you say so, soy boy.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

I don't believe that the so called process will deliver a coach like Al Clarkson. Why would he(or someone of that calibre) submit themselves to that?
The process is just optics for the media and fans.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post