ROO wants St Kilda Tasmanians

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Re: ROO wants St Kilda Tasmanians

Fair enough. Booming. It was a poor joke not meant to be authoritive. Apologies. And to Senator Lambie.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

A team in Tasmania will never work. The people in the north hate the south and the people in the south ignore the northerners as irrelevant.

It has always been that way and will always remain so.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

there is a little bit of truth to that

personally i don’t think there’s the
(corporate) $$$
in both parts of the state
let alone one half
to create a healthy self sustaining Entity

it’ll be State Government ‘n AFL subsidised for life

(‘n good on em if the AFL are willing to pay
...u’d reckon they’d deserve a team)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
happy feet
Club Player

saynta wrote: Fri 28 Jun 2019 1:29pm A team in Tasmania will never work. The people in the north hate the south and the people in the south ignore the northerners as irrelevant.

Complete codswallop. Maybe 40 years ago but not today.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Fri 28 Jun 2019 2:29pm
saynta wrote: Fri 28 Jun 2019 1:29pm A team in Tasmania will never work. The people in the north hate the south and the people in the south ignore the northerners as irrelevant.

Have things changed significantly today ? I very much doubt it and it wasn't a "maybe " 40 (odd) years ago , it was a fact.

I should know, I lived there.
Last edited by saynta on Fri 28 Jun 2019 5:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 10:43am IF the St Kilda Footy Club "relocates" to Tassie, then it is no longer "The St. Kilda Footy Club"................ I would then be barracking for Sandy in the VFL.
Funny thing is - Tassie is probably a lot more like our namesake than Moorabbin/Docklands.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Premium89
Club Player

saynta wrote: Fri 28 Jun 2019 2:51pm

Have things changed significantly today ? I very much doubt it and it wasn't a "maybe " 40 (odd) years ago , it was a fact.

Riewoldt called it Codswallop on SEN the other day - I'm paraphrasing here, but his general gist was "it was like that 40 odd years ago, but anyone under 40-50 years old couldn't care less about that stuff now"... Then again he might have a slight agenda to talk up the prospects of a tassie team...

saint64
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote: Fri 28 Jun 2019 5:36pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 10:43am IF the St Kilda Footy Club "relocates" to Tassie, then it is no longer "The St. Kilda Footy Club"................ I would then be barracking for Sandy in the VFL.
Funny thing is - Tassie is probably a lot more like our namesake than Moorabbin/Docklands.
If the Saints moved to Tassie I would still be barracking for the Saints (as I have done for the last 45+ years despite never having lived in Victoria)!

asiu
Saintsational Legend

same same

although i did live in Melbs for the 2009 season
(footscray : what a cold hole it was)

arrived on the arvo of the first game
v sydney (?) iirc at the dome

left during the week after the granny

.., all in all t’was a good choice of year
to fulfil my spiritual duty
and live Melbourne in the footy season

colder than tassy
dangerous after midnight
but overall big fun with big hearted people

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

At first I was like, hell no.
Then it hit me.
We'd be an expansion team, we get help with stadium, debt, marketing, special allowances with player payments, refined zoning, extra draft picks, and on and on.... could it truly be that the tin foil guy had the right stuff?
Gill does love us, he had to be cruel to be kind? so he ensures we keep Richo to drive us into the ground once and for all, orchestrated moronic football department who think diabetes is an asset, influences a shocking board who seem swell, are meant to be gurus in their fields but couldnt figure out how to get out of a wet paper bag, or reduce club debt....tin foil anyone? TASSIE plan has been in effect for years?!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

No one is talking about the saints being relocated to Tasmania FFS. No one. :roll: :roll:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

North would have right of first refusal you’d think
... then they’d need 75% members agreement

can’t see the Hawkers doing it
or needing to

which , sorta leaves us
as next cab on the rank

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I go there twice a year, always stay in the South and despise those irrelevant Notherners.

Check out the Ball & Chain grill in Salamanca, they get their grain fed beef from the Tamar valley (up north 😀).
One of the best steaks you’ll ever eat.

Never been game to try their 1kg rib eye, looks like Fred Flinstones rack of beef delivered to his car.

I look for excuses to get to Tassie for the food at Salamanca & Battery Point.

I wish we’d go back to playing matches there!
Just not permanently.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Fri 28 Jun 2019 9:05pm No one is talking about the saints being relocated to Tasmania FFS. No one. :roll: :roll:
They do on here Saynta. Only here too.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
happy feet
Club Player

Saynta, that was the case then, but no longer now.

If the Evil Empire have plans for us to go to Tassie, then who better to lead the charge than our most favorite son.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Fri 28 Jun 2019 10:32pm

Saynta, that was the case then, but no longer now.

If the Evil Empire have plans for us to go to Tassie, then who better to lead the charge than our most favorite son.
I'm sure the people in the north love their southern cousins these days, mate., if they have ever been there. :roll: :roll:

Most of them probably haven't.

Josh Battle
Club Player

Garry and Nick had Milney as a special guest on SEN breakfast radio this week. About 3-4 minutes before the end of the podcast, Rooy gives his response to a question asked of him by Garry Lyon on whether he would take a paycut similarly to what Easton Wood suggested regarding the proliferation of gambling ads and the revenue made by the AFL from gambling sponsorship.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/s ... =442886438

Personally, I think gambling is a problem for all of our society and apathy is no excuse. Roo is being selfish at best and at the very least I would say he has no empathy towards the issues many families and young people are facing (including many young footballers). By the way, I feel just as strongly about too many junk food ads as I do about gambling ads.

I think it's interesting to look back at the Saints salary cap issues circa 2012/2013. We all know that if Roo had shown some initiative and leadership, we may not have had to get rid of Dal and BJ. If Roo as the captain had called on the leaders of the club and perhaps taken a paycut himself as a gesture of goodwill and leadership for the greater good of the team it might have united the whole footy club and inspired the team to another finals campaign post Rossy Lyon

Rooy couldn't change what happened on his own, and of course the CEO and the board would have needed to agree on a course of action that meant retaining Brendon Goddard. I've heard Roo say that the board and the club didn't approach him and the leaders to ask them to take pay cuts, but I've never heard Roo say that he at least tried talking to them and volunteering to be the first to do it.

Part of the reason the Saints failed to attract a big fish is because we became wooden spooners all of a sudden. The footy club's prospects including our competitiveness on field would have been quite different with the retention of Dal and BJ. I reckon it would have meant better finances for the club, more memberships including more revenue from marketing and merchandise and that in turn would snowball with the ability to attract better assistants and footy department staff.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Josh Battle wrote: Sat 29 Jun 2019 2:33pm Garry and Nick had Milney as a special guest on SEN breakfast radio this week. About 3-4 minutes before the end of the podcast, Rooy gives his response to a question asked of him by Garry Lyon on whether he would take a paycut similarly to what Easton Wood suggested regarding the proliferation of gambling ads and the revenue made by the AFL from gambling sponsorship.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/s ... =442886438

Personally, I think gambling is a problem for all of our society and apathy is no excuse. Roo is being selfish at best and at the very least I would say he has no empathy towards the issues many families and young people are facing (including many young footballers). By the way, I feel just as strongly about too many junk food ads as I do about gambling ads.

I think it's interesting to look back at the Saints salary cap issues circa 2012/2013. We all know that if Roo had shown some initiative and leadership, we may not have had to get rid of Dal and BJ. If Roo as the captain had called on the leaders of the club and perhaps taken a paycut himself as a gesture of goodwill and leadership for the greater good of the team it might have united the whole footy club and inspired the team to another finals campaign post Rossy Lyon

Rooy couldn't change what happened on his own, and of course the CEO and the board would have needed to agree on a course of action that meant retaining Brendon Goddard. I've heard Roo say that the board and the club didn't approach him and the leaders to ask them to take pay cuts, but I've never heard Roo say that he at least tried talking to them and volunteering to be the first to do it.

Part of the reason the Saints failed to attract a big fish is because we became wooden spooners all of a sudden. The footy club's prospects including our competitiveness on field would have been quite different with the retention of Dal and BJ. I reckon it would have meant better finances for the club, more memberships including more revenue from marketing and merchandise and that in turn would snowball with the ability to attract better assistants and footy department staff.
Fair comment imho.