“Clock ticking for Saints’ coach Richardson”

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Re: “Clock ticking for Saints’ coach Richardson”

Wait....What?

I thought the Cho was coach of the year?

<1 week ban for using a banned term>

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Apologies, so many Richo threads but just wanting to know whether Wayne Carey doubled down on his "coach of the year" article by saying Richardson is being white anted?
Did he say by who or in what respect?

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Rocket is the best coach (ex) to listen to imo. Saw him interviewed and he said it's an awful position to be in but he is done. He based his own experience on his comment saying it's now a matter of time and st Kilda will have already actively started to seek his replacement behind closed doors.

My opinion like most others is that once he can no longer make finals he will be told he will not be required and he will be given the choice of sticking it out for the few remaining games or leaving. People for get we and only one game and a huge % out of the 8. After the cats game it will most likely be three, four to cover the %. That's my prediction for him pulling the pin

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

HighettMan wrote: Wed 26 Jun 2019 2:07pm
skeptic wrote: Wed 26 Jun 2019 11:38am
HighettMan wrote: Wed 26 Jun 2019 9:48am
skeptic wrote: Wed 26 Jun 2019 12:13am
HighettMan wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 11:26pm
skeptic wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 9:48pm
saintsRrising wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 9:06pm Love him or hate him I think few would now not believe that we need a new head coach.

Even many successful coaches at any club have not lasted as long as Richo has.

Personally I think our recruiting team needs a major shake up too. Trouble is that head recruiters who really know their stuff are rare.....and poaching their assistants not that fruitful. So not an easy problem to rectify.

Footskills and footy smarts need to be a priority along with true mids.
Sadly, it does appear as though there are a few that aren’t quite ready to call it.
Sadly?

Are you still crowing about how you were first to call it before anyone else, how long ago was it again?

I
You seem to be having difficulty with both reading and typing
Who is your pick for the next coach?
Geeez your bouncing all over the place.

Do you still think we’re getting Clarko?
You're not paying attention are you, I don't care who we get because like the majority of supporters it's a subject that is outside my wheelhouse of knowledge so why pretend like I might know who would improve on the incumbent.

What I can do is make guesses based on press conferences and coaches media trained garble and cliches.

Based on some other info I'd say Bevo or Voss might be able to improve us.

The Bevo guess is obviously based on the proven performer in one good year and the rest pretty ordinary.

The Voss guessed based on he's the unproven performer but might have grown and learnt from his first failure.

Now your turn. Who's your pick for coach and why will he or she be an improvement on the incumbent?
You don't care who we get!!!!!

Do you think we'll still get Clarko or were you saying things that you thought were unrealistic. One gets the sense you're not taking this very seriously... as you have a generally antagonistic view to actually having proper insult free discussions, you can look up my thoughts of the topic if you like.

HighettMan
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Wed 26 Jun 2019 4:58pm
saintsRrising wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 9:06pm Love him or hate him I think few would now not believe that we need a new head coach.

Personally I think our recruiting team needs a major shake up too. Trouble is that head recruiters who really know their stuff are rare.....and poaching their assistants not that fruitful. So not an easy problem to rectify.

Sadly, it does appear as though there are a few that aren’t quite ready to call it.
Sadly?

Are you still crowing about how you were first to call it before anyone else, how long ago was it again?

I

You're not paying attention are you, I don't care who we get because like the majority of supporters it's a subject that is outside my wheelhouse of knowledge so why pretend like I might know who would improve on the incumbent.

What I can do is make guesses based on press conferences and coaches media trained garble and cliches.

The Bevo guess is obviously based on the proven performer in one good year and the rest pretty ordinary.

The Voss guessed based on he's the unproven performer but might have grown and learnt from his first failure.

Now your turn. Who's your pick for coach and why will he or she be an improvement on the incumbent?

Do you think we'll still get Clarko or were you saying things that you thought were unrealistic. One gets the sense you're not taking this very seriously... as you have a generally antagonistic view to actually having proper insult free discussions, you can look up my thoughts of the topic if you like.
Nup dont need to care, the club does all the worrying for me on that score. It's the sum of all parts and it won't matter who is driving the bus when it's got the right pasengers for the journey. Why do you think I always challenge you on your antiquated views, it's not the 70s and club success is managed way differently. The whole coach obsession is just for theater and fans like you.

I think you are mixing me up with somebody else, I don't think I have ever posted about Clarko realistically becoming our next coach.

We would have to keep Alan contracted for another 2 seasons to even begin to pull all the threads together on that dream.

I know there is interest in Bevo but it's a similar situation, they would have to sign up Alan for another season to put themselves in the starting gate.

Both scenarios are highly unlikely due to the club having a difficult time selling it to the pelicans.

Why are you avoiding or reluctantly not naming your pick for a coach.

Have the courage to call out r ACE ism
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

HighettMan wrote: Wed 26 Jun 2019 6:28pm

Sadly?

I

Nup dont need to care, the club does all the worrying for me on that score. It's the sum of all parts and it won't matter who is driving the bus when it's got the right pasengers for the journey. Why do you think I always challenge you on your antiquated views, it's not the 70s and club success is managed way differently. The whole coach obsession is just for theater and fans like you.

I think you are mixing me up with somebody else, I don't think I have ever posted about Clarko realistically becoming our next coach.

We would have to keep Alan contracted for another 2 seasons to even begin to pull all the threads together on that dream.

I know there is interest in Bevo but it's a similar situation, they would have to sign up Alan for another season to put themselves in the starting gate.

Both scenarios are highly unlikely due to the club having a difficult time selling it to the pelicans.

So why did you bring Clarko up at ll then!!?? It's almost as though you're not taking this seriously at all and yet are expecting others to contribute more and more so as have some material to work with.

When have you ever challenged my views? I don't think I've ever read any type of detailed football discussion involving you. You've thrown insults and my favourite... "I won the argument because I say so" but as more and more people are pointing out, you very rarely contribute to any football discussion

By your own logic, I guess you prefer to keep Richo then!!! He is after all building something special (not that you've ever specified how/why beyond the flexibility of playing Acres in the ruck and Carlisle up forward. Your opinion and you're entitled to it. I'd prefer someone that correctly identifies what players they should persevere, knows their strengths and weaknesses, plays to their strengths, selects players on performance, has a good game plan and style...
But hey your strategy of "if all the boys and girls at home clap their hands we'll win" is good too.

Not naming my pick!!! I've discussed various contenders at length on multiple threads. Again, if you're interested look it up. I myself am not the least bit interested in discussing it with you. You have nothing to contribute and you don't + conversations with you are all round unpleasant.

happy feet
Club Player

Tic toc tic toc

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
happy feet
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Wed 26 Jun 2019 8:18pm

Sadly?

I

So why did you bring Clarko up at ll then!!?? It's almost as though you're not taking this seriously at all and yet are expecting others to contribute more and more so as have some material to work with.

When have you ever challenged my views? I don't think I've ever read any type of detailed football discussion involving you. You've thrown insults and my favourite... "I won the argument because I say so" but as more and more people are pointing out, you very rarely contribute to any football discussion

By your own logic, I guess you prefer to keep Richo then!!! He is after all building something special (not that you've ever specified how/why beyond the flexibility of playing Acres in the ruck and Carlisle up forward. Your opinion and you're entitled to it. I'd prefer someone that correctly identifies what players they should persevere, knows their strengths and weaknesses, plays to their strengths, selects players on performance, has a good game plan and style...
But hey your strategy of "if all the boys and girls at home clap their hands we'll win" is good too.

Not naming my pick!!! I've discussed various contenders at length on multiple threads. Again, if you're interested look it up. I myself am not the least bit interested in discussing it with you. You have nothing to contribute and you don't + conversations with you are all round unpleasant.
TIC TOC, TIC TOC, TIC TOC, TIC TOC................

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
HighettMan
Club Player

Its a bit long and I stuggled to concentrate all the way to the end but I dug in becuase I thought you might reveal your pick. Nada

Ironically your long and boring whingefest only futher highlighted how you can give it but you can't take it. You've proudly announced on an insane amount of times how you could see Alan had to go since Maddies match in 2017. Yep you called it first. You've done nothing but run your agenda against someone that cant rebut you. So ironic your claims against me. You don't like being challenged.

It's well know that any fool can critisise and knock things or people over and regurgitate the white noise of an echo chamber, but the same fool usually finds it impossible to develop and idea of thier own, or improve or innovate an existing idea or just design and build something from the ground up.

One would have thought that someone that has spent the past couple years providing "critcal analysis", "opinions" and "identifying "stengths and weaknesses like a try hard Mike Sheehan, could turn that incredible footy intellect to the same amount of insane posts that tell us who our next coach should be. But ahhh no....silence...like I say, any fool can be a nasty negative knocker.

Cue the victim song and dance.

HighettMan
Club Player

Who's our next coach and why do you believe he can improve on the incumbent.

Special
Club Player

bigred wrote: Wed 26 Jun 2019 3:39pm Wait....What?

I thought the Cho was coach of the year?
I assume that’s a typo and you meat meant to write “that Cho” otherwise you could get exterminated for a week

Myron Gaines
Club Player

HighettMan wrote: Wed 26 Jun 2019 9:56pm Who's our next coach and why do you believe he can improve on the incumbent.
Who knows but if the media is anything to go by then probably Brad Scott.

It’s up to the highly paid personnel within the club & external consultants to provide an options paper to the board outlining recommendations on who should be the next coach & why they believe on field performance will improve as a result of a coaching change.

Why do you keep asking randoms on a footy forum questions that should be directed to those within the inner sanctum?

Another one for you; you’ve continually backed the club regarding keeping Alan as head coach, will you continue to back the club when the inevitable occurs & he is sacked? And please don’t tell me you truly believe he coaches beyond this year.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

HighettMan wrote: Wed 26 Jun 2019 9:40pm Its a bit long and I stuggled to concentrate all the way to the end but I dug in becuase I thought you might reveal your pick. Nada

Ironically your long and boring whingefest only futher highlighted how you can give it but you can't take it. You've proudly announced on an insane amount of times how you could see Alan had to go since Maddies match in 2017. Yep you called it first. You've done nothing but run your agenda against someone that cant rebut you. So ironic your claims against me. You don't like being challenged.

It's well know that any fool can critisise and knock things or people over and regurgitate the white noise of an echo chamber, but the same fool usually finds it impossible to develop and idea of thier own, or improve or innovate an existing idea or just design and build something from the ground up.

One would have thought that someone that has spent the past couple years providing "critcal analysis", "opinions" and "identifying "stengths and weaknesses like a try hard Mike Sheehan, could turn that incredible footy intellect to the same amount of insane posts that tell us who our next coach should be. But ahhh no....silence...like I say, any fool can be a nasty negative knocker.

It's funny how we can perceive ourselves vs how others perceive us.

You think I dislike you because you challenge me! I dislike you because I think you're either a troll or an a$$
Samoht challenges me. He has a view and a take very different from my own and whilst it's not one i agree with, at least I can see where he's coming from
Takeaway is another person who has ripped into me about various POV... and he has been very good at it at times. The key thing however he that he makes arguments and counters points.

You however are not in such company.
Your views are:
I hate that
That's dumb
I'm right
You're arrogant
You type too much

You don't talk football. You ignore points and rarely answer questions. Your mantra as best as I can tell say nothing so as not to give others ammunition and pick pick pick.

In the past, I've gone to great lengths to answer your questions but it is a wholly pointless endeavor as your move is insults.

If one is to go through your history, I bet the last 10 threads you've started are designed to wind ppl up. A win for the true blah blah blah.

It's a game that I'm not really prepared to play with you anymore cue the abusive PMs and some more advice that it's wrong to post criticism on a forum and that I should go to Moorabbin and attack Richo in person.

Pity you couldn't find it... I've posted it at least 2-3 times. If you were actually remotely capable of a genuine conversation I'd gladly talk to you about it but to be honest, nothing would make me happier than if you added me to your foe list.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Bell tolling means the clock ticking is hard to hear.

Replacement/new coach: Essential qualities - from a successful club, has played AFL, strong personality, has a level 4 coaching qual. Brady Rawlings, Leigh Tudor, Sam Mitchell, Matthew Nicks, Robert Harvey, Josh Francou (not sure he has a level 4 qual though).

If I were to bet irresponsibly: Sam Mitchell. However I'd be happy with any on that list - but Lethers doesn't care what I think.

Enrico_Misso
Saintsational Legend
Location: Moorabbin Chapter of The Royal Society of Hagiographers

There is another dual premiership coach available!

The rest of Australia can wander mask-free, socialise, eat out, no curfews, no zoning, no police rings of steel, no illogical inconsistent rules. 
They can even WATCH LIVE FOOTY!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Wed 26 Jun 2019 8:18pm

Sadly?

I

Well said sir.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Wed 26 Jun 2019 10:43pm
HighettMan wrote: Wed 26 Jun 2019 9:40pm Its a bit long and I stuggled to concentrate all the way to the end but I dug in becuase I thought you might reveal your pick. Nada

It's funny how we can perceive ourselves vs how others perceive us.

You think I dislike you because you challenge me! I dislike you because I think you're either a troll or an a$$
Samoht challenges me. He has a view and a take very different from my own and whilst it's not one i agree with, at least I can see where he's coming from
Takeaway is another person who has ripped into me about various POV... and he has been very good at it at times. The key thing however he that he makes arguments and counters points.

You however are not in such company.
Your views are:
I hate that
That's dumb
I'm right
You're arrogant
You type too much

You don't talk football. You ignore points and rarely answer questions. Your mantra as best as I can tell say nothing so as not to give others ammunition and pick pick pick.

In the past, I've gone to great lengths to answer your questions but it is a wholly pointless endeavor as your move is insults.

If one is to go through your history, I bet the last 10 threads you've started are designed to wind ppl up. A win for the true blah blah blah.

It's a game that I'm not really prepared to play with you anymore cue the abusive PMs and some more advice that it's wrong to post criticism on a forum and that I should go to Moorabbin and attack Richo in person.

Pity you couldn't find it... I've posted it at least 2-3 times. If you were actually remotely capable of a genuine conversation I'd gladly talk to you about it but to be honest, nothing would make me happier than if you added me to your foe list.
Nailed it. This is a person who, when repeatedly asked to provide actual evidence for his claim that Richo is a great leader, in the end took the novel left field approach of, “let’s go have a beer together and talk about it, I’m just up the road from you”.
When his offer to meet and chat was accepted in good faith and a possible date / time suggested, back came the reply, “I’ll take a rain check, I’m too busy.” Said poster then went back to standard M.O of potting me and numerous others from behind his keyboard whilst claiming the moral high ground. Thrives on conflict and not a shred of integrity.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Ironically your long and boring whingefest only futher highlighted how you can give it but you can't take it. You've proudly announced on an insane amount of times how you could see Alan had to go since Maddies match in 2017. Yep you called it first. You've done nothing but run your agenda against someone that cant rebut b you. So ironic your claims against me. You don't like being challenged.

You don't have any mirrors at home do you?

And what happened to dot points? C'mon HM, you have to be disciplined and stick by your own rules if you want anyone to take you seriously