Sammy's round 9 review

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sammy's round 9 review

Round 9: Sammy's Review
Chris Nice
Jun 5, 2019 10:44AM
Aaron Hamill discusses which Saints impressed following the Zebras' win over Coburg.
Related

Aaron Hamill spoke exclusively with saints.com.au to run through the individual performance of each Saint in Sandringham’s 10-point victory over Coburg.

David Armitage
20 disposals, 17 kicks, seven tackles

“Another impressive performance today from Dave. It’s a good duo [with Hannebery] in there – trio with Brede Seccull – but I really, really liked his inside stuff. The thing with Dave is that we’ve probably seen another dimension of his game in terms of his footy nous with not having a ruckman. His ability to shark at the right time and ability to lead and marshal the troops was critical for us again today up against a bonafide ruckman. I thought he controlled the game for us well by foot and because he’s got good game nous, he was able to do that.”

Oscar Clavarino
10 disposals, six marks, six kicks

“I thought Clav was good, he’s starting to really get his positioning around what’s happening up the field in terms of his defence. So when he’s able to do that, he puts himself in a better [position] to use his strength which is his marking, so he’s got a really good balance now of when to mark it and when to kill it. His decision-making by foot is strong for us too. We really like Clav and the way he’s going, and he’s another one clearly in the development phase, but we like what he’s doing for us.”

Dan Hannebery
24 disposals, 19 handballs, five tackles

“I thought he moved well, got his hands on the ball a lot. His stoppage work was good, as was his inside contested work. He admitted that he handballed a little bit too much and didn’t use his legs enough, but I really liked his game. Putting together a solid hit-out [was] the most important part, and he got through well. We just thought we’d keep it to three quarters just to nurse him on through, so his performance was pleasing on the whole.”

Max King
Nine disposals, five marks, three goals

“He probably could have had his fair share on the board, but the pleasing part was how Max was getting it. That’s the most important part about how he was able to get his marks, opportunities and scoring shots. He’s competing really strongly for us, he’s competing in the right manner and there’s still plenty to work on. It’s really important that he keeps developing the right way and we review strongly.”

Doulton Langlands
20 disposals, three marks, one goal

“He just keeps improving the right way, Doults. He’s a product of hard work and we really like the way he’s going. His wing roles are really strong for us with his patterns, but his inside work is really good and as good as any out there. We threw him the middle when Hanners came off in the fourth. We’ve just got to be able to keep skilling him up in that area with all his different positions within the ground, but I thought his stuff inside was solid and his outside run and shape as a winger was really positive.”

Jack Mayo
11 disposals, seven marks, one goal

“Early days, but we liked what we saw. It’s been a busy week for Jack; he was on the bird on Monday and then training Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, so it was always [going to be] a challenge implementing him into the group. But I thought he moved well, his forward craft and his decision-making seemed quite good. A fair bit to work with for Jack in terms of what he’s got, and he’ll keep developing in the right way hopefully, but good signs. He can mark it at the highest point, his ability to get to the outlet and get to the exits help, and he seems to have a presence at ground level through his repeat speed, so he seems to have some good attributes that are going to enable him to play some good footy.”

Bailey Rice
12 disposals, 10 kicks, five marks

“Ricey will be at times forward, at times back. We think he’s really good with both parts of the ground, we think his decision-making is very good, as is his work by foot, and he doesn’t lose contest. He’s hard to claim the boy because there’s a fair bit of him, but we like him down back and we like him up forward, but we were able to swing him back this week which was good.”

Brandon White
26 disposals, 21 kicks, seven marks, four tackles

“He’s a beauty, Whitey. He’s obviously put another one together in the mid-20s and he was really strong and was able to set us up. He’s our quarterback really, especially with Hindy, Pato and co. out of the side. He keeps putting his name up and the important part is he can deliver consistent performances.”

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Sammy's round 9 review

Oh boy.
Sounds too much like Richo.
"we'll review strongly"
"he's a beauty"
"really positive"

Get rid of Richo before RSEA Park starts looking like Jonestown

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 06 Jun 2019 6:37pm Oh boy.
"we'll review strongly"
"he's a beauty"
"really positive"

Exactly what I was thinking another clone of cliches of bulls***.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 06 Jun 2019 6:37pm Oh boy.
"we'll review strongly"
"he's a beauty"
"really positive"

Pleasing 👍

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Special
Club Player

So Hanners didn’t want to kick it much.

Dodgy hammies still?

Glad that Rice is still developing after about 4 years.

Sigh him up for a 3 year extension!!

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Great VFL reports Sammy. Glad to be getting a good insight every week from the Zebs. He would be a good coach to play under I reckon. Tough but fair and loves his troops that take to the battlefield every week.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
derby Street
Club Player

These reports from Sammy are a waste of time. Utter B.S

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Batchelor or Armo for captain coach. Get rid of Hamill.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Get Xavier Clarke in.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

If that's the sort of negative bulls*** that Sammy's reports attracts, doubt I will post any more of them.

Waste of my time.

King12
Club Player

saynta wrote: Fri 07 Jun 2019 5:56pm If that's the sort of negative bulls*** that Sammy's reports attracts, doubt I will post any more of them.

Waste of my time.
Thanks for posting it, don't worry about the negative moron's, let them get down to Sandy training and inform Sammy in person, won't happen though, most of them glued to their armchairs and not going anywhere.😂

Keep posting, many of us enjoy reading, thanks!

older saint
SS Life Member

White played well again - probably emergency for the AFL side again as of course others already there are smashing it!

King12
Club Player

older saint wrote: Fri 07 Jun 2019 7:17pm White played well again - probably emergency for the AFL side again as of course others already there are smashing it!
😂😂

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

White is out of contract at year's end. If he keeps getting overlooked, he may overlook the Saints and move to another club. Carlton and Gold Coast would be happy to have him.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 07 Jun 2019 9:05am Great VFL reports Sammy. Glad to be getting a good insight every week from the Zebs. He would be a good coach to play under I reckon. Tough but fair and loves his troops that take to the battlefield every week.
Rubbish he just cuts and pastes Richo reports each week and changes the names. He has shown nothing as a VFL coach and Sandringham have gone backwards since their affiliation with St Kilda.

King12
Club Player

Impatient Sainter wrote: Fri 07 Jun 2019 9:42pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 07 Jun 2019 9:05am Great VFL reports Sammy. Glad to be getting a good insight every week from the Zebs. He would be a good coach to play under I reckon. Tough but fair and loves his troops that take to the battlefield every week.
Rubbish he just cuts and pastes Richo reports each week and changes the names. He has shown nothing as a VFL coach and Sandringham have gone backwards since their affiliation with St Kilda.
Incorrect😂

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

In fairness, it’s just the AFL product these days.

I remember in the early 2000s, the post match coach’s conference was essential listening. Now it’s like the type of spin that politicians are renowned for.
No real observations are shared. When was the last time Sammy said a player was disappointing?

derby Street
Club Player

saynta wrote: Fri 07 Jun 2019 5:56pm If that's the sort of negative bulls*** that Sammy's reports attracts, doubt I will post any more of them.

Waste of my time.
Saynta, I just want Sammy to be transparent and honest. I don't expect him to knife them but don't make them all appear that they are killing it. Clearly they all aren't.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote: Sat 08 Jun 2019 3:16pm

Waste of my time.
Yep
Saynta, I just want Sammy to be transparent and honest. I don't expect him to knife them but don't make them all appear that they are killing it. Clearly they all aren't.
They won ffs.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Sat 08 Jun 2019 3:59pm

Waste of my time.
Yep
They won ffs.
Saynta, don't waste your time mate. I have given up. A duck would lay a golden egg and some would find something wrong with it here. They're just a bunch of sad sack negative nutters.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
derby Street
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 08 Jun 2019 6:26pm
saynta wrote: Sat 08 Jun 2019 3:59pm

Waste of my time.
Yep
They won ffs.
Saynta, don't waste your time mate. I have given up. A duck would lay a golden egg and some would find something wrong with it here. They're just a bunch of sad sack negative nutters.
Read my past posts - I have very rarely potted players and never coaches and administrators. I simply inferred that all Sammys reports paint the Saints players at Sandy as having good games and contributing well. Many saintsationalists at the same game report otherwise.

guitars4
Club Player

Waste of my time.
All due respect mate & I have no issue of what you post but Sammy is just towing the party line of course he is saying what people want to hear but IMO its just a PR stunt

leighsaintsince66
Club Player

Sorry if this should be posted elsewhere.

Does anyone actually remember why Paul Hudson finished his stint at the Zebras? He seemed to be a good coach who got Sandy into the finals.
I seem to remember feeling bewildered and disappointed when some of the Saints listed players were rested at finals time, presumably to prepare early for the following AFL season.
Was Paddy rested? Anyone else? Maybe I have a bad memory?

It's only my opinion but I feel that any finals exposure, including at VFL level, should be beneficial for the development of AFL listed players.

And potentially beneficial for the team.