Coach in 2020 Who do you think it should be?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Re: Coach in 2020 Who do you think it should be?

He should pay off our debt if he has that much cash.
Could then pay a new coach with just the saved interest amounts.
You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
No debt and you have the capacity to get the best and not the dregs.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

That's right. ScoMo believes in a strong economy so he can pay for all the things Australians need. Like hospitals, schools, infrastracture plus of course he needs to continue to fund retirees who earn $180,000 a year in tax free income from their super and then ScoMo has to hand out another $20,000 gift in the form of a dividend imputation because that's called wealth distribution. Working families pay taxes and the Libs distribute it to the wealthy

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 12:46am That's right. ScoMo believes in a strong economy so he can pay for all the things Australians need. Like hospitals, schools, infrastracture plus of course he needs to continue to fund retirees who earn $180,000 a year in tax free income from their super and then ScoMo has to hand out another $20,000 gift in the form of a dividend imputation because that's called wealth distribution. Working families pay taxes and the Libs distribute it to the wealthy
Salty Labor voter alert....
Climate change activist too?

I could argue points back and forth about this but that’s for another day and another forum

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 12:46am That's right. ScoMo believes in a strong economy so he can pay for all the things Australians need. Like hospitals, schools, infrastracture plus of course he needs to continue to fund retirees who earn $180,000 a year in tax free income from their super

One can argue or not if it should be taxed. But as the money is the person's own super contributions earnings none of ScoMo, the government nor any tax payer fund it. The person did by making the contributions over time.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

I still think that AR will be our coach in 2020, at the beginning at least.
This year's results haven't been too bad (last weekend's match notwithstanding) especially when you consider the calibre and number of players on our long and mid-term injury list.
Even last weekend's absolute debacle can be put down to at least a half dozen of the players being very ill on the day of the match.

Personally I cannot believe that anyone watching our rabble of a forward line with the dysfunctional way the ball goes in, and the p1ss p00r conversion rate, would ever believe that we have had the same coach for 6 years.

Our forward entries and conversion were way better in the 1980s. Way better.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 7:36am
Personally I cannot believe that anyone watching our rabble of a forward line with the dysfunctional way the ball goes in, and the p1ss p00r conversion rate, would ever believe that we have had the same coach for 6 years.
It is this that suggests he won't be there in 2020. Our forward line and our mids really have not been affected to a degree that would justify our system. A system that should be second nature to a team driven by the same coach for six years. Perhaps that is our system, dysfunctional and incapable of being executed by the current players.
My opinion is AR is a dead man walking.
Whoever takes over will have their work cut out but will also have a bit to work with as well as a full appreciation of our glaring deficiencies.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I have heard that Voss, Bevo and Caracella are on the radar.
While Bevo seems a long shot and Im not a fan of Voss, I do like the idea of Caracella.
Great midfield and offensive coach and has recent experience in 2 clubs who have won flags and sustained finals experience and also attracted major talent while he was in their employment.
He is renowned for making an instant impact at both Geelong and Richmond.
Would love to see him working with the likes of Billings, Gresham, Steele, Marshall, King, Lonie, Battle, Wilkie, Clavarino, Clarke, Coffield Langlands and Membrey while we still have Steven, Geary, Carlisle, Hannerbery and Ross and I think a 5 year deal for him now could encourage some big fish to come our way. If what I hear is true I would be happy to get him.

twirlyhair
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 11:12am
It is this that suggests he won't be there in 2020. Our forward line and our mids really have not been affected to a degree that would justify our system. A system that should be second nature to a team driven by the same coach for six years. Perhaps that is our system, dysfunctional and incapable of being executed by the current players.
Whoever takes over will have their work cut out but will also have a bit to work with as well as a full appreciation of our glaring deficiencies.
Therefore as Ratten is our ball transition and forwards coach then he needs to go too? That's his responsibility, so why is it not fixed? Answer: player capability, age, games experience, speed, belief, genuine lack of A grade players. Currently, the coach is as successful as the Hawks coach atm. If you don't have the cattle....

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 12:04pm
Therefore as Ratten is our ball transition and forwards coach then he needs to go too? That's his responsibility, so why is it not fixed? Answer: player capability, age, games experience, speed, belief, genuine lack of A grade players. Currently, the coach is as successful as the Hawks coach atm. If you don't have the cattle....
Or Ratten is hamstrung working underneath the Richo umbrella?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
freely
SS Hall of Fame

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 11:22am I have heard that Voss, Bevo and Caracella are on the radar.
While Bevo seems a long shot and Im not a fan of Voss, I do like the idea of Caracella.
Great midfield and offensive coach and has recent experience in 2 clubs who have won flags and sustained finals experience and also attracted major talent while he was in their employment.
He is renowned for making an instant impact at both Geelong and Richmond.
Would love to see him working with the likes of Billings, Gresham, Steele, Marshall, King, Lonie, Battle, Wilkie, Clavarino, Clarke, Coffield Langlands and Membrey while we still have Steven, Geary, Carlisle, Hannerbery and Ross and I think a 5 year deal for him now could encourage some big fish to come our way. If what I hear is true I would be happy to get him.
Oh let it be Caracella! That would be the first smart move St K has made in a while!

twirlyhair
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 12:37pm
You know the inner workings of the coaching group and how well they operate? Or are you simply guessing? Determine the future of the football club based on a guess? I agree that the coach will go if we don't make finals. But the problems are much greater than the coach, who clearly still has the players playing for him, and has a very stable and experienced coaching group working with him Simply changing the coach has always been, and will always be a simplistic approach, something that the Tigers supporters wanted, what the Pies supporters wanted, and something that weak clubs, like St.Kilda, have always done. If you don't fix the core issues, get ready for another round of sack the Saints coach in 3-4 years time. St.Kilda eats coaches alive... let's do it again hey?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 1:46pm
You know the inner workings of the coaching group and how well they operate? Or are you simply guessing? Determine the future of the football club based on a guess? I agree that the coach will go if we don't make finals. But the problems are much greater than the coach, who clearly still has the players playing for him, and has a very stable and experienced coaching group working with him Simply changing the coach has always been, and will always be a simplistic approach, something that the Tigers supporters wanted, what the Pies supporters wanted, and something that weak clubs, like St.Kilda, have always done. If you don't fix the core issues, get ready for another round of sack the Saints coach in 3-4 years time. St.Kilda eats coaches alive... let's do it again hey?
Notice how I had a ‘?’ at the end of my sentence?

And the constant comparisons to Hardwick and Buckley are way off. Both of them had success (finals) previously, Richo has done NOTHING in 5, soon to be 6, years.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 5:34pm
And the constant comparisons to Hardwick and Buckley are way off. Both of them had success (finals) previously, Richo has done NOTHING in 5, soon to be 6, years.
Give it a rest FFS. All these negative posts on Richo are f****** boring.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 7:30pm
If you don’t want to read opinions on the coach then don’t click on threads about the coach.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Trying to extrapolate Tony74 saying coffee was had with two current senior coaches and two assistant coaches I'd guess the senior coaches were being asked for references in relation to the assistants and our next coach will be one of Mathew Nicks or Josh Francou. Who is running the book?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 7:42pm
If you don’t want to read opinions on the coach then don’t click on threads about the coach.
It really doesnt matter what the thread is about you and others seem to be relating everything to Richo. You're stinking up this forum similarly to the way you accuse Richo of stinking up the team. Its f****** annoying.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 9:52pm
It really doesnt matter what the thread is about you and others seem to be relating everything to Richo. You're stinking up this forum similarly to the way you accuse Richo of stinking up the team. Its f****** annoying.
Hellejuah! Been saying this the day I joined. The way Richo gets dragged into every thread, conversation, topic, decision by the club, how a player develops or trains or plays or eats his breakfast or pats his cat, etc. is total BS.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Feel free to ignore my posts.

Our club is in limbo until he goes, we need him out so we can get started on the next (yep) rebuild.

Until then we’re just wasting years.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 10:37pm

Our club is in limbo until he goes, we need him out so we can get started on the next (yep) rebuild.

Ignore your posts. FFS. Send an email to the club and give us a break. Lines and lines of quotes and the same relentless dribble. Seriously, we get your point and some of it is valid but f*** me, you're like my ex wife.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 10:49pm

Ignore your posts. FFS. Send an email to the club and give us a break. Lines and lines of quotes and the same relentless dribble. Seriously, we get your point and some of it is valid but f*** me, you're like my ex wife.
She sounds like a great woman.

twirlyhair
Club Player

twirlyhair wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 1:46pm
Notice how I had a ‘?’ at the end of my sentence?

True, but the comparison stands in the sense that both coaches were on the nose, and success was not likely. Yes, last year was a debacle, but after a solid review of the club, a much-improved coaching structure has been put in this year. Unfortunately, injuries have cruelled us this year, and we are playing such a young and inexperienced team. So judging the coaches on this year is just not really possible. In fact, I think we have improved quite a lot this year. Our structures are so much better, and our team is much harder to score against. Not having the players this year has taken its toll, however. But this will all become a moot point if we don't make finals. We will then need to get a new coach who with a new coaching team will need to start all over again, and we will once agaian be waiting for a couple of years to find out if they are any good. I just think we need to be very careful that we are not throwing the baby our with the bath water. My preference is that with a full list to chose from, we keep the coaching team in place as it is.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 11:00pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 10:49pm

She sounds like a great woman.
So do you.

Rubyjo
Club Player

Every thread ends up we bash Richo or we shouldn't bash Richo... That's sainsational in its essence... Sure great topics are started but that's where it ends up. Maybe that's all there is just a few bald dudes arguing over a comb.. Pissing in the wind.. Because that's all they got.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

"Coach in 2020 Who do you think it should be?" Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr just a L-O-N-G shot, but........ our next Premiership-winning coach??

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Damian Barrett? We need a proven media performer and this would make a good 'Sliding Doors' meme.

Failing that..I think Ratten.
Ratten has a point to prove, to Clarko, to Carlton to all the footy world.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!