Sandy v Northern Blues

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Sandy v Northern Blues

Reality is King Max is a long way off.. did look really slow and unfit.. was at the game and workrate a long way off (assuming due to fitness). Watched him for a lot of the game

Special
Club Player

ace wrote: Mon 27 May 2019 2:21am
silverhalo wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 2:40pm Coffield looking really good......that Sam Fox has got some smarts
Sam Fox also looked really good when she was on Benny Hill.
But like me she got old, but she is still better looking.
Fox played well yesterday and his name isn’t Sam

saynta
Saintsational Legend

From AFL.com

State league affiliate: Sandringham (VFL)
This weekend: Sandringham v Northern Blues - Sunday, May 26, 11.50am, Marvel Stadium

Young gun Hunter Clark once again shone at VFL level, with the classy midfielder collecting 29 disposals during Sandringham's 11-point triumph over the Northern Blues.

Out-of-favour veteran David Armitage also won plenty of the ball with 29 touches of his own, while youngsters Nick Coffield and Nick Hind picked up 20 disposals apiece.

Highly rated big man Max King booted two goals from five disposals up forward for Sandringham in what was his third game at VFL level since being drafted by the Saints with the fourth pick at last year's draft.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Good to see Clark and Coffield doing really well now. Great news.

King is still a bit off which was expected but he just needs game time and match fitness. It will come and he seems to take his chances from limited opportunities which is a good sign.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 27 May 2019 3:07pm Good to see Clark and Coffield doing really well now. Great news.

King is still a bit off which was expected but he just needs game time and match fitness. It will come and he seems to take his chances from limited opportunities which is a good sign.
I'm goiny to love next year with King, Bytel, Clark, Coffield and Biggy cutting it up in the AFL with Hanners, Robbo and Carlisle.
Last edited by saynta on Tue 28 May 2019 3:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Mon 27 May 2019 3:15pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 27 May 2019 3:07pm Good to see Clark and Coffield doing really well now. Great news.

I'm goiny to love next year with King, Bytel, Clark, Coffield and Biggie cutting it up in the AFL with Hanners, Robbo and Carlisle.
Bloody exciting to think of that but just wait for a negative spin coming this way! 🤣

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
The_President
Club Player

Feels like the first time in a long time that our early picks aren’t being gifted games. I like it:

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I'm goiny to love next year with King, Bytel, Clark, Coffield and Biggie cutting it up in the AFL with Hanners, Robbo and Carlisle.
Is Biggie signed?

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote=mightysainters post_id=1794226 time=1558910387 user_id=207]
Reality is King Max is a long way off.. did look really slow and unfit.. was at the game and workrate a long way off (assuming due to fitness). Watched him for a lot of the game
[/quote]

I went and watched the whole Sandy game with eyes heavily fixated on King. He didn’t move as well as I thought he would given the Winx name. I’m happy as everyone is he got through his third game unscathed. He was easily held out of contests and didn’t crash many packs. Maybe because he is somewhat tentative and if he is that’s understandable. One thing I noticed is that when he did crash a pack I wasn’t concerned about whether he would be concussed. I’m not trying to be a smart arse with that comment it’s just when Paddy crashed packs I would keep an eye on him hoping he’d get up. He used his 7 possessions well including the two goals so with 7 goals from 3 games he seems to be able to deliver. He reminds me of Hipwood who doesn’t get a lot of it but moves well and does some good things with limited possessions (I’m assuming King does/will move well as Winx would suggest). It was a waste of time spending 2 hours watching King but I saw enough to suggest it won’t be a waste of pick 4 in securing King.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 27 May 2019 12:09pm From AFL.com

State league affiliate: Sandringham (VFL)
This weekend: Sandringham v Northern Blues - Sunday, May 26, 11.50am, Marvel Stadium

Young gun Hunter Clark once again shone at VFL level, with the classy midfielder collecting 29 disposals during Sandringham's 11-point triumph over the Northern Blues.

Out-of-favour veteran David Armitage also won plenty of the ball with 29 touches of his own, while youngsters Nick Coffield and Nick Hind picked up 20 disposals apiece.

Highly rated big man Max King booted two goals from five disposals up forward for Sandringham in what was his third game at VFL level since being drafted by the Saints with the fourth pick at last year's draft.
The problem with Clark on Sunday was that most of the 29 possessions didn't hit their target - a la Seb Ross. When you have time and space (as Clark did) then I'd expect better skills from a pick 7

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
freely
SS Hall of Fame

Clark's second half was a lot cleaner than his first. In fact the whole team lifted when they realised richo was watching.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Who is Biggie saynta?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

BRing in Hunter.. Coffield was the outlet and butchered it too much, but showed signs

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 8:58am

Who is Biggie saynta?
A young Sudanese kid in our development squad,

From saints.com

St Kilda Next Generation Academy product 'Biggy' Nyuon is among the players set to take to the MCG on Grand Final morning in the NAB AFL All-Stars 'Futures' clash.

The under-17s game will feature prospects eligible for the 2019 draft and will be streamed LIVE on AFL.com.au and the AFL Live Official App ahead of the premiership decider.

The two teams have been named after recently-retired AFL stars Nick Riewoldt and Jimmy Bartel, with NAB AFL Academy head coach Luke Power to take charge of 'Team Riewoldt', while South Australian under-18 coach Tony Bamford will coach 'Team Bartel'.

READ: No small feat for 'Biggy'

In recent years, the under-18 NAB AFL All-Stars clash has been played on Grand Final morning as a curtain-raiser, including last year when this year's Rising Star winner Jaidyn Stephenson was named best afield. However, the under-18 All-Stars game will not be played this year with concerns over the prospects' workloads heading into the NAB AFL Draft Combine the following week.

The under-17s 'Futures' game will be broadcast from on Grand Final day.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

My mail is that Biggy is going to be big.

<edited by mods> this kid can play.

Total = 1.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 12:55pm My mail is that Biggy is going to be big.

<edited by mods> this kid can play.
If he was caucasian and not of African heritage would you be making the same joke?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 27 May 2019 6:51pm

Is Biggie signed?
No but we have first dibbs on him.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 11:30am
SaintPav wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 8:58am

Who is Biggie saynta?
A young Sudanese kid in our development squad,

From saints.com

St Kilda Next Generation Academy product 'Biggy' Nyuon is among the players set to take to the MCG on Grand Final morning in the NAB AFL All-Stars 'Futures' clash.

The under-17s game will feature prospects eligible for the 2019 draft and will be streamed LIVE on AFL.com.au and the AFL Live Official App ahead of the premiership decider.

The two teams have been named after recently-retired AFL stars Nick Riewoldt and Jimmy Bartel, with NAB AFL Academy head coach Luke Power to take charge of 'Team Riewoldt', while South Australian under-18 coach Tony Bamford will coach 'Team Bartel'.

READ: No small feat for 'Biggy'

In recent years, the under-18 NAB AFL All-Stars clash has been played on Grand Final morning as a curtain-raiser, including last year when this year's Rising Star winner Jaidyn Stephenson was named best afield. However, the under-18 All-Stars game will not be played this year with concerns over the prospects' workloads heading into the NAB AFL Draft Combine the following week.

The under-17s 'Futures' game will be broadcast from on Grand Final day.
Thankyou

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.