Kenty

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kenty

Kent is ordinary at best, kicked 2 goals..one from a shanked Gresham kick..he just happened to be there, the other from a rare but clean easy delivery ....the rest missed easy shots..as Joff said would not be in our best 22.

Some people on here set a low bar or have no idea.

Kilda
Club Player

Kent played a shocker last week and was very surprised he held his spot. Thought they would have given Robbie Young a go.

Kent seems overweight and too often fumbles at crucial moments. He has limited aerial ability and drifts in and out too often.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Actually kicked 2.4. Not good.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Kilda wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 12:13am Kent played a shocker last week and was very surprised he held his spot. Thought they would have given Robbie Young a go.

Kent seems overweight and too often fumbles at crucial moments. He has limited aerial ability and drifts in and out too often.
+1

Unfortunately Young got a concussion today for Sandy. That could be his sliding doors moment as I would have tried him this week instead of Lonie (due to his injury) or Long (due to him not playing well).

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Dont rate him.at all. An over weight soft lazy front runner in my view. Melbourne got a bargain at the trade table.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I don’t mind the recruiting of Kent and a late pick was a fair trade for both clubs, I’m just surprised we gave a 3 year deal to a guy whose been nothing more than a fringe player at a crap club for his whole career.

I did think there was a lot worse than Kent on Saturday, yes his disposal was very poor but it’s been poor all season, but he laid tackles and won some footy. Compared to Long he was BOG.

The challenge with the three year deal is where is the upside with Kent?

On average his disposals are low, his disposal efficiency sits just above 50%, doesn’t lay many tackles or apply pressure. He’s got a little bit of speed but seems a poor endurance runner. He has a big body but is not overly hard at the contest.

If this guy is in our best 22 particularly next year and the year after then we are going nowhere in my opinion.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Delist.. nowhere near up to it.. crap pick

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 10:21am Delist.. nowhere near up to it.. crap pick
3 year contract, not going to happen.
Should never have given a fringe player 3 years.
Very ordinary AFL player.

With development of Clark, Coffield, Young, Long, Lonie, Parker and who we draft and trade will be back up at best next season and particularly 2021.

I agree with the trade just not the tenure.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

At 25 and 72 games does Kent have an upside?

History would suggest that the 9 games we have seen is is probably now going to be as good as he going to be in a similar string of games with a similar pattern of consistency in being ok, good and bad.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 19 May 2019 2:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
derby Street
Club Player

saintkid wrote: Sat 04 May 2019 5:27pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 04 May 2019 5:20pmIs no good.
Definitely the case.
I can't argue

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 2:37pm At 25 and 72 games does Kent have an upside?

History would suggest that the 9 games we have seen is is probably now going to be as good as he going to be in a similar string of games with a similar pattern of consistency in being ok, good and bad.
And the thing is that history is a very good measure of what’s to come... not full proof by any means but it’s enough time for a good look.

Question: could he play mid?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 2:46pm
saintsRrising wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 2:37pm At 25 and 72 games does Kent have an upside?

And the thing is that history is a very good measure of what’s to come... not full proof by any means but it’s enough time for a good look.

Doesn’t have the running capacity or endurance to play mid. Doesn’t win contested footy either.

Average small forward is his gig.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 2:46pm

I have only see him as an outside receiver. So to switch to being a mid would be a big change.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Disagree. Kent has been pretty good overall.

Played every game.
BOG against Melbourne. Best in a couple of other games.
12th in total disposals (very good for a HF/FP).
3rd in goal kicking (averaging 1.1).
4th in score involvements (averaging 5.1).
12th in total tackles (averaging 2.1).

What else do you want from a permanent small forward?

I would want him out there in a finals game. We also need expierence out on the field at the moment and big bodied players like Kent fit the bill.

To entice any player from another club that is contracted then you always have to offer more than what they were currently getting. That is school kid stuff to know.
3 years at say 250-350k is standard for a player of his age and expierence level if I'm guessing what he is on. It's not a lot to be honest.

Anyway, since when did facts, figures and common sense get in the way of a negative story on here sometimes? 🙄

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 3:06pm Disagree. Kent has been pretty good overall.

Played every game.

I would want him out there in a finals game. We also need expierence out on the field at the moment and big bodied players like Kent fit the bill.

To entice any player from another club that is contracted then you always have to offer more than what they were currently getting. That is school kid stuff to know.
3 years at say 250-350k is standard for a player of his age and expierence level if I'm guessing what he is on. It's not a lot to be honest.

Anyway, since when did facts, figures and common sense get in the way of a negative story on here sometimes? 🙄
Weren’t you the guy bragging that he would be a good outside mid for us?

older saint
SS Life Member

Thought he ws pretty good yesterday, Lead up forward and got to the contest, Not a star but far from the worst yesterday

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 3:06pm Disagree. Kent has been pretty good overall.

Played every game.

You are probably correct Ted, we needed to offer a 3 year deal to entice Kent.

Pretty sad reflection on where the club was at in the off season. Needing to offer a C/D grade AFL player above odds in coin and a 3 year deal to get him across.

I can’t see any other reason we’d give 3 years to a guy entering his prime age and games played who is only worth a late 60’s draft pick.

Hopefully we finish the season positively and players are keen to join us without us paying massive overs.

twirlyhair
Club Player

Played every game.

Good post Ted, although I don't think facts are going to help your cause. Bit like climate change. "Stuff the facts, the weather isn't changing"!

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Ted's quoting figures like
12th in total disposals.
3rd in Goal Kicking.

Not in the league, but just at our club.
And who is he up against?
It's like medals in swimming in the Oceania Games vs medals in the Olympics.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
HighettMan
Club Player

Played every game.

The facts speak for themselves. He's been a value selection so far and if continues to improves it's an inspired recruitment.

Have the courage to call out r ACE ism
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

HighettMan wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 8:44pm and if he continues to improve it's an inspired recruitment.
Ah, but this is the million dollar question. At his age and number of games will he improve?

I hope he does.

guitars4
Club Player

Hasn't been horrible but hasn't been fantastic either but a fringe player on a 3 year deal really !!. I think this shows how desperate we are Haneberry 5 years Kent 3 years at least Kent is actually playing

saintbob
SS Life Member

HighettMan wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 8:44pm

Played every game.

The facts speak for themselves. He's been a value selection so far and if continues to improves it's an inspired recruitment.
Agree totally

guitars4
Club Player

Every man to his own opinion but IMO if Kent is going to to be a corner stone of our development then we are in a lot of trouble.