Some Perspective

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vazelos
Club Player

Some Perspective

An opportunity lost but circumstances worked against us. Marshall pulling out and Bruce obviously injured (apparent quad injury) and Lonie (no 1 inside 50 tackler at the club going down) and still be a couple of goals in it up into the last quarter to me shows we are improving.
I have put a line through Mc Cartin and Roberton at this stage but still throw in Carlisle Hannabery Geary and possibly Max King later in the year I think there is plenty of upside.

Marshall will be back next week and hopefully a fit Bruce and there may be opportunities for Robbie Young and Nick Hind who I rate highly.

Longer has improved but no where near good enough long term when “ Winx” comes in a 202 Cm jet in Max King with Marshall we won’t need Longer lumbering around.
Next month is really tough we miss Geary but I look forward to 2 nd half of the year when some of the long term casualties may come back.
In summary real bad luck with Marshall and Bruce and Lonie that costs us a big opportunity but people that think we haven’t improved need to look again.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Some Perspective

Good take on the game there colleague.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Sanctorum
Club Player

I agree with this assessment after the loss to Adelaide, I thought the Saints mostly played quite well and believe last year's team would have sustained a much bigger defeat.

Adelaide's superiority in the air both forward and back was the main reason for the loss and showed up the team's lack of big strong bodied talls, blokes who hold their ground in contests and smash packs when the ball is bombed forward.

A positive sign was that when the Crows pulled ahead late in the last quarter, the Saints came back and kicked the last 2 goals of the match,

The next 3 games against GWS, Eagles and Pies will be tough to win, but if they continue to play 4 quarters of good football, as they have in the first 6 rounds, they may well cause an upset or two.

Irrespective of the outcomes in those games, I am confident that the 2019 Saints will stay within range of the "8" and win a lot more games than they did in 2018.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Good posts and thread so far. Common sense and people being reasoned. Hellejuah!

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Good objective post