Saints no 1 in tackling

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Saints no 1 in tackling

Unbelievable stat given last year. This is huge and will always put you in games of footy. I have noticed even little blokes Gresham and Lonie are tackling hard and sticking tackles. They weren't doing this consistently before.

Well done to Alan and the coaching staff for fixing this issue...maybe Billy Slater has helped here too.

For Tony1974 if reading also, any inside news on why this has improved so much? Would be nice to know.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
freely
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Saints no 1 in tackling

You've "noticed"? Seriously? Have you not noticed the endless discussions of this in other threads?

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Got to be cause for "cautious optimism" methinks...... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 1:05pm Got to be cause for "cautious optimism" methinks...... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm confident the Saints will maintain the rage Jiggers. 😡👊

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 1:47pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 1:05pm Got to be cause for "cautious optimism" methinks...... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Me too, Colleague! ME TOO!!!!! Just thinking of those snotty nosed cheeseboarders we play this satdee helps me work up a good "MAD"!!! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 2:38pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 1:47pm
Me too, Colleague! ME TOO!!!!! Just thinking of those snotty nosed cheeseboarders we play this satdee helps me work up a good "MAD"!!! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Lol. I heard the "Go The Dees" fans have their knives and forks ready for their meat pies. The Toorak Tractors will be out in force at the G car park this weekend too! 😁

Total = 1.
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 12:48pm Unbelievable stat given last year. This is huge and will always put you in games of footy. I have noticed even little blokes Gresham and Lonie are tackling hard and sticking tackles. They weren't doing this consistently before.

Well done to Alan and the coaching staff for fixing this issue...maybe Billy Slater has helped here too.

For Tony1974 if reading also, any inside news on why this has improved so much? Would be nice to know.
FFS! Will ppl stop surmising that Billy Slater as the reason our tackling has improved (it's a convenient coincidence). Billy is there mainly in the capacity of developing leadership and elite behaviours. He is not the reason however for the increase in tackling effectiveness - that guy's name is John Donohue and he's Melbourne Storm's tackling coach. He was also our tackling coach back in the mid/late 200'0's and thereafter, spent some time with Ratten at Carlton.

John Donohue.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 4:59pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 12:48pm Unbelievable stat given last year. This is huge and will always put you in games of footy. I have noticed even little blokes Gresham and Lonie are tackling hard and sticking tackles. They weren't doing this consistently before.

FFS! Will ppl stop surmising that Billy Slater as the reason our tackling has improved (it's a convenient coincidence). Billy is there mainly in the capacity of developing leadership and elite behaviours. He is not the reason however for the increase in tackling effectiveness - that guy's name is John Donohue and he's Melbourne Storm's tackling coach. He was also our tackling coach back in the mid/late 200'0's and thereafter, spent some time with Ratten at Carlton.

John Donohue.
Billy is helping with tackling also.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 5:02pm
Saintmatt wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 4:59pm

John Donohue.
Billy is helping with tackling also.
Barely. I've seen him do more agility drills with the mids than I have tackling at the training sessions I've been to. Donohue on the other hand was the one who instigated and instructed the much vaunted (by the players) grappling session on the beach down the peninsula.

Go you red, black & white warriors
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

I never said Billy Boy was the main reason we are no 1 in the comp for tackles. Settle big man. I'm sure he has helped heaps in many areas that he's involved in, not just tackling.

Plus I have heard of the tackling bloke. Apparently he is a real ripper and does great work.

Total = 1.