Ahhh WTF Hanners?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Ahhh WTF Hanners?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-20 ... b82769b287

So, he was recruited for his leadership and now is deemed unable to lead?

FMD!

Go you red, black & white warriors
guitars4
Club Player

Re: Ahhh WTF Hanners?

Saintmatt wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2019 9:54pm https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-20 ... b82769b287

FMD!
IMO should never have been put into the leadership group in the first place another stupid move by the people in charge but can't say I'm surprised. :roll:

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Word is the Sydney Swans have picked up their chairs and are again comfortably sitting in them.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

So he’s out of the leadership group temporarily while he’s doing rehab. Huge news.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Great news. Get him 100% concentrating on his fitness. What a non story.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2019 10:49pm Great news. Get him 100% concentrating on his fitness. What a non story.
And we’ve seen how other ‘non stories’ turned out in the last few weeks...

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2019 9:54pm https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-20 ... b82769b287

FMD!
I'm outraged too.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Someone asked me for proof when I called our admin a rabble.. geezus

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 7:33am Someone asked me for proof when I called our admin a rabble.. geezus
?

How does this prove anything about the 'admin' (whatever that is)?

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2019 10:49pm Great news. Get him 100% concentrating on his fitness. What a non story.
Great news? Really?

Wouldn’t you think he’d have more time on his hands to devote to leadership matters?

There’s also how crap it looks in the club not even bothering to announce it (which they did when Robbo stepped away).

God we’re amateurs ... but I really shouldn’t be surprised

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Becoming an ongoing joke!

PADDLEPOP1000
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Oh the outrage! I'm fuming! All Saints fans should be frothing at the mouth! How dare Dan H allocate all his time at the club to getting fit and onto the footy field and step aside from leadership duties in the mean time!

I need to go to the pharmacist of the illegal type! Our club is a joke! Total big joke! No wonder we have the most spoons and only 1 flag in 500 years!

😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 7:59am
Great news? Really?

Wouldn’t you think he’d have more time on his hands to devote to leadership matters?

There’s also how crap it looks in the club not even bothering to announce it (which they did when Robbo stepped away).

Why would you announce it? What's to announce really?

Roberton is out for 12 months, and stepped out the Leadership Group.
Hannebury is out for a few months, and has stepped out of the Leadership Group.

I think it makes sense to put a Defender in there to replace Roberton to be honest.

If the club publicly announced something like this, I'd have thought it would be the biggest non-announcement ever.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

I blame Richo.

Total = 1.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I blame Trump

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

I blame Richo because when we played the Swans in 2016, he purposely sent out Luke Dunstan and other midfielders to injure Hannebery at Etihad Stadium. Ever since that fateful Sunday afternoon, Hannebery hasn't been the same footballer because of Richo's decision to destroy his hammies and calves. So 3 years later on...this is why I blame Richo. He knew this all along but he still recruited him to the Saints. It's all your fault Alan. I also blame you for why Trump is in danger of not getting his wall and Venezuela is running out of food.

Total = 1.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Great news? Really?

Did you actually read the story or do you just read the headlines and then make up the rest? It clearly mentions that the rehabilitation program overlaps with leadership duties so surely if it comes down to it, he is far better off focusing on getting back on to the park.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Gees I hope he comes good and sticks it to everybody.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 9:00am
Great news? Really?

I think it makes sense to put a Defender in there to replace Roberton to be honest.

If the club publicly announced something like this, I'd have thought it would be the biggest non-announcement ever.
I get the whole storm in a teacup thing. Fair enough. But ... Richo did go on SEN on Friday morning and speak about a whole heap of things on Hanners that he wasn't asked about; but raised himself. Listening to it - I thought it had a touch of the Scott Watters about it (that morning he called the SEN breakfast show off his own bat).

Given Richo volunteered info about not playing for more than 4 weeks and having to re-build him and us not being aware of the extent of his body issues - I find it odd that he omitted to not mention the leadership group thing. Especially when he had the perfect platform of a soft SEN interview/fireside chat.

It's just plain wierd that the club has again allowed the media to beat up a story (but not much of a story) when it could have all been dealt with ordinarily by a competent PR team / media release that would have allowed the club to control the narrative ... rather than chasing the game (as usual).

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Um

Anyone else hearing s*** about pursian rugs?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 11:29am
Great news? Really?

I get the whole storm in a teacup thing. Fair enough. But ... Richo did go on SEN on Friday morning and speak about a whole heap of things on Hanners that he wasn't asked about; but raised himself. Listening to it - I thought it had a touch of the Scott Watters about it (that morning he called the SEN breakfast show off his own bat).

Given Richo volunteered info about not playing for more than 4 weeks and having to re-build him and us not being aware of the extent of his body issues - I find it odd that he omitted to not mention the leadership group thing. Especially when he had the perfect platform of a soft SEN interview/fireside chat.

It's just plain wierd that the club has again allowed the media to beat up a story (but not much of a story) when it could have all been dealt with ordinarily by a competent PR team / media release that would have allowed the club to control the narrative ... rather than chasing the game (as usual).
To be honest, the only people beating it up seem to be Saints fans on here.

No one else really cares from what I can see and hear.

I heard Cho's interview, and it was hardly big news. He said that we knew he had issues when we recruited him, but basically the rehab is harder than they thought, and will take longer.

For a club that will be bottom 6 regardless, what does it matter anyway?

I simply don't understand the fuss that Saints fans are making over the whole Hannebury thing.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 12:18pm
Saintmatt wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 11:29am
Great news? Really?

To be honest, the only people beating it up seem to be Saints fans on here.

No one else really cares from what I can see and hear.

I heard Cho's interview, and it was hardly big news. He said that we knew he had issues when we recruited him, but basically the rehab is harder than they thought, and will take longer.

For a club that will be bottom 6 regardless, what does it matter anyway?

I simply don't understand the fuss that Saints fans are making over the whole Hannebury thing.
Fair enough - agree to disagree. You're probably right about only Saints fans beating it up ... says a lot more about how irrelevant we are right now.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Fuss is it's a waste if money for four years. Could have done more with the funds than give it away.

Few are blaming dan as most people offered 800 K a year would leave their job asap, wouldn't you. Just stupid due to his known health issues and not enough due diligence done. He is ours now until 2022. I'll say that again 2022

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

DJ Higgins wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 12:26pm Fuss is it's a waste if money for four years. Could have done more with the funds than give it away.

Few are blaming dan as most people offered 800 K a year would leave their job asap, wouldn't you. Just stupid due to his known health issues and not enough due diligence done. He is ours now until 2022. I'll say that again 2022
He's not dead is he?