McCartin & Roberton

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Re: McCartin & Roberton

saynta wrote: Tue 12 Mar 2019 12:26pm
DJ Higgins wrote: Tue 12 Mar 2019 8:37am

Paddy in the other hand does get his head crunched in the tackle. Depends which replay you see. But the concern the was his lack of awareness. He is in a bad position and doesn't leap at all. I don't see him having a position up forward so why not try him up back

I think it more likely that the damage was done when the back of his head hit the ground,
Re-watching the replay and you could be right. More concerning was that Caleb Daniel beat him in the game and he is a foot shorter

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

GilsAuPair wrote: Tue 12 Mar 2019 1:05pm Why is Teddy a protected species on this forum?

I notice a thread he started yesterday saying everything was great and Paddy and Dylan were fine was moved over to the Animal Enclosure and all of the dissenting replies were deleted.

The post made Ted look a fool but it seems the Mods immediately intervened to protect Teddy.

Why???
What are you talking about?

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Paddy was fine during the second half and even after the game. It was only much later that he felt crook. As for Robbo initial thoughts are that’s it’s nothing to do with the ticker. But I reiterate , initial thoughts.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 12 Mar 2019 1:41pm
GilsAuPair wrote: Tue 12 Mar 2019 1:05pm Why is Teddy a protected species on this forum?

I notice a thread he started yesterday saying everything was great and Paddy and Dylan were fine was moved over to the Animal Enclosure and all of the dissenting replies were deleted.

The post made Ted look a fool but it seems the Mods immediately intervened to protect Teddy.

Why???
What are you talking about?
All posts are duplicated in the AE so if anyone feels the need to take the piss, attack or bait the poster it is already there for them to do so. Then the rest of us dont have to see it in the SSFF.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

tony74 wrote: Tue 12 Mar 2019 1:42pm Paddy was fine during the second half and even after the game. It was only much later that he felt crook. As for Robbo initial thoughts are that’s it’s nothing to do with the ticker. But I reiterate , initial thoughts.
Thanks Tony for the info ,Paddy must be a concern for the club & the playing group now!

PADDLEPOP1000
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Tue 12 Mar 2019 1:42pm Paddy was fine during the second half and even after the game. It was only much later that he felt crook. As for Robbo initial thoughts are that’s it’s nothing to do with the ticker. But I reiterate , initial thoughts.
How were his blood sugars post match??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Why???
1. Nothing was deleted at all.

2. Ted received a 1 day ban for that post.

3. Nothing was moved over to the Animal Enclosure. All new threads are duplicated in the Animal Enclosure now so that if people want to have “a go” at each other they can do it there rather than on the fan forum and receive a ban.

4. By commenting on Ted and calling him a protected species - you are commenting on a poster which is against the Fan forum rules and thus as it was reported and assessed- you have earns yourself another 24 hour holiday.

Note - the correct forum to raise your concerns would have been in the Administration Forum.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Saint wagga
Club Player

Seriously!! Paddy looked shocking coming off the ground, groggy as!

As for Roberton, the guy has probably had an ahrythmia after the match, it's the most likely explanation for his feeling of 'wonky', google symptoms of common arhytmias. Like get real, the guy has a 'known' cardiac condition and an implanted defribillator and he's back playing elite sport and after a match he describes a symptom that is most common when describing something cardiac related...why would initial thoughts be that it's nothing to do with his ticker...common sense would strongly strongly beg to differ

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

So Paddy could have played the game out but might miss Round 1 - which is it?

Paddy feeling crook later on could have been due to his diabetes not the supposed concussion - Roberton sounds like he has an issue with fluctuating blood pressure or low blood pressure which could be easily fixed but hey I am no Doctor and I assume the majority of us in here aren't either

Hoping both are ready to go Round 1 after a bit of rest

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

if it really was just a corky to the arse that kept him off
perhaps we need new doctors

Seeya
bigred
Saintsational Legend

That photo is damn well click bait.

He had just taken his helmet off and was rubbing his noggin repeately.

It is what it is.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Tue 12 Mar 2019 4:08pm So Paddy could have played the game out but might miss Round 1 - which is it?

Paddy feeling crook later on could have been due to his diabetes not the supposed concussion - Roberton sounds like he has an issue with fluctuating blood pressure or low blood pressure which could be easily fixed but hey I am no Doctor and I assume the majority of us in here aren't either

the big trouble with roberton will be a massive psychological hurdle
its not like a busted leg with pins and plates that just never feels quite "normal"
or a snapped ACL that never feels a bit loose & not quite as strong
you learn to trust your body again over time
He had a complete body shut down so any time he doesnt feel !00% his mind is going to play it safe
this was life threatening - another tendon operation a lot less so

Seeya
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote: Tue 12 Mar 2019 4:21pm That photo is damn well click bait.

It is what it is.
if I could get the video that would be better?

Seeya
takeaway
Club Player

sunsaint wrote: Tue 12 Mar 2019 4:27pm
bigred wrote: Tue 12 Mar 2019 4:21pm That photo is damn well click bait.

It is what it is.
if I could get the video that would be better?
No. Just rubbing his head after 2 quarters with a helmet on, as anyone would.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

thats a relief - eight itchy heads over a 4yr career is a bit of a worry

Seeya
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Tue 12 Mar 2019 4:26pm
Devilhead wrote: Tue 12 Mar 2019 4:08pm So Paddy could have played the game out but might miss Round 1 - which is it?

the big trouble with roberton will be a massive psychological hurdle
its not like a busted leg with pins and plates that just never feels quite "normal"
or a snapped ACL that never feels a bit loose & not quite as strong
you learn to trust your body again over time
He had a complete body shut down so any time he doesnt feel !00% his mind is going to play it safe
this was life threatening - another tendon operation a lot less so
Roberton had 4 kids before he turned 25 - if he can get over that psychological hurdle pretty sure he can manage a debilitating life threatening illness :shock: 8-)

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Tue 12 Mar 2019 5:53pm thats a relief - eight itchy heads over a 4yr career is a bit of a worry
There are forumites on here that rub the head everyday though itchiness has nothing to do with it

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

tell that to a 25yr old with 4 kids who have scabies

Seeya
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

sunsaint wrote: Tue 12 Mar 2019 5:53pm thats a relief - eight itchy heads over a 4yr career is a bit of a worry
Head and Shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo...there's a TV ad in there :)

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
takeaway
Club Player

That's no problem - Nathan Burke had an itchy head hundreds of times.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

My lord!

I reckon half the forum will get a 24 hour holiday on this thread!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Saint wagga
Club Player

Todays Age article talking about Roberton completely rubbish's Tony info, so either our medicos are completely incompentent/negligent (Very unlikely, our medical team is on par with all other clubs, they are all much of a muchness) or Tony's source has NFI or Tony was just making stuff up...As I said earlier... as if initial thoughts would be it's nothing to do with his ticker given the Patients history. Just total bollocks

<1 day ban: commenting on a poster>

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Thanks for real inside info Tony.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

can i get some real inside info please Ted

do u serve 2 x suspensions on the 1 day concurrently ?

u seem to be back quickly

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Crossy66
Club Player

Saint wagga wrote: Wed 13 Mar 2019 11:35am
Todays Age article talking about Roberton completely rubbish's Tony info, so either our medicos are completely incompentent/negligent (Very unlikely, our medical team is on par with all other clubs, they are all much of a muchness) or Tony's source has NFI or Tony was just making stuff up...As I said earlier... as if initial thoughts would be it's nothing to do with his ticker given the Patients history. Just total bollocks
The reality is that all clubs play down injuries and have done as long as i can remember. Secondly, last i checked, a person's health records were private, so it's none of our business and clubs have a duty to protect the privacy of its employees. Its highly likely that the internal word was" everything is ok" when the reality may be different.
If you take injury reports with a grain of salt you wont get bent out of shape when what was said wasn't true