Closed training session

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Raph Goat Clarke
Club Player

Closed training session

Starting a thread for those who went and would like to share their opinion.
The stand out for me was Rowan Marshal. He has become stronger and isn't so easily pushed around - took some good contested marks.
Paddy looks to be moving a little quicker and is getting more involved in the match sim drills.
Hunter and Coff both working with the midfield group - coff looks more like he will be used on the outside as a release kick while hunter has been training on the ball.
Blake showed a few glimpses of brilliance but was alright.
Parker is giving it a huge crack, going for hangars, chasing people down and at one stage the ball hit the ground, the defender was holding him back so he decided to soccer kick it to a team mate running past - he has got some real determination.
Robbie Young also showed off his speed - did get caught a few times but front and centre a few times hitting the pack with pace to release to a team mate.
Josh Battle HAS to play this year somewhere - great skills and vision - he is a talent that can't be wasted.
Ed Phillips getting his hands on it a fair bit too - looking more composed compared to last year.
Seb Ross doing his usual thing.
Tim Membrey looking very good as well - I expect another big year from him - 40+ goals.
Ben Long showing more of what he did last year.
Brandon White was heavily involved in the start of match sim drills of bringing it out of the backline - underrated foot skills.
The Game plan looks to be trying to move to ball quicker but not stupidly. the Defensive pressure has improved and the way they organise themselves defensively in their zone looks much better - communication is much better than last year.
Richo came around the fence after training to thank everyone for coming down and ensure the boys and him are doing lots to turn it around.
Thats my overview of it - a lot of players were in the gym (mainly the veterans) and on modified training given Wednesday is their light session.

sabras
Club Player

Re: Closed training session

Thanks for the update.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Did you get a look at Armo?

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

David was in the gym. On a modified program with a few others. That is modern day footy.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
st sandy
Club Player

The report from my 70 year old mother who attended today was the excitement machine in Ben Long - trained very strongly & so athletic

Toured the fantastic facilities & all a great vibe. Had a very long conversation with Daniel McKenzie - parents are both maths teachers I have never heard him put two words together
Players and coaches were personable/approachable and all spoke very well to the supporters - so they should
Richo agreed that both Long and Robbie Young have both trained very well to date.

Mum was singing the club song when she called me after the event - i suppose if things are not great in January then we would be in alot of trouble