The Flux 2018 Daft Report: Saint’s need to build up – <edited by mods> So chow down!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Re: The Flux 2018 Daft Report: Saint’s need to build up – it’s PRO & CHO time boys! So chow down!

The posters that are toxic are those that are at the centre of most arguments on this site. The common denominators.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Re: The Flux 2018 Daft Report: Saint’s need to build up – it’s PRO & CHO time boys! So chow down!

Btw sayna, if it weren’t for you & Ted highlighting the urban dictionary reference then 99.9% would still be none the wiser. Have you considered that you have inexplicably shared that meaning. I hope you have some shame & are remorseful for your actions. Please don’t pretend you are the victim in all this. If it were such an issue discreetly PM’ing Simon would’ve been far more appropriate.
Last edited by Myron Gaines on Sat 24 Nov 2018 5:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Myron Gaines wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 5:03pm The posters that are toxic are those that are at the centre of most arguments on this site. The common denominators.
Well, you are the centre of an argument with me at the moment, not started by me.

I think there's your common denominator.

I try to stay out of arguments and I ignore certain argumentative,offensive or bullying type posters.

I never reply to them. Haven't for years.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

So we can't use the nickname 'Roo' anymore either then?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Myron Gaines wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 5:10pm Btw sayna, if it weren’t for you & Ted highlighting the urban dictionary reference then 99.9% would still be none the wiser. Have you considered that you have inexplicably shared that meaning & exposed sexually explicit material to possibly children on this site? I hope you have some shame & are remorseful for your actions. Please don’t pretend you are the victim in all this. If it were such an issue discreetly PM’ing Simon would’ve been far more appropriate.
I agree with you there and I immediately deleted the reference from that part of my post.. Others though, trying to be smartarses or attempting to get me banned, copied my post before I could delete it, and as far as I am aware didn't delete the copied post despite me asking for them to do so. I am not sure of this point, as I never returned to the thread.

I deeply regret offending anyone, apart from those using the term. They knew exactly what they were doing and refused to stop despite being asked to do so by other posters.

This, I hold a firm view on, but Again, I must agree with you. Referring the matter to Simon would have been a better option. He would have immediately put a stop to it, as he did a day or so later.
Last edited by saynta on Sat 24 Nov 2018 5:41pm, edited 2 times in total.

takeaway
Club Player

Is this still bubbling along? FWIW I think I was the first to raise the possible meaning of the term, and the origin of that was not from the urban dictionary. Mods have made the decision re the term, imo correctly, so that should be that.
Just need to move on.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I doubt AeonFlux needs any defending, his OP, as usual, was clever, funny and captured the views of some if not many Saints supporters in what I believe to be a harmless expression.

Congratulations in finally getting a draft pick you wanted and I dearly hope Max becomes a St Kilda legend. Hopefully a St Kilda premiership legend.

I guess I'm one of those short sighted, laterally challenged posters when I wanted midfield class. I looked at our array of tall, young forwards and believed we had enough to work with if only we could get the ball delivered inside forward 50 quickly and accurately.

We have just had over a decade of a brilliant, once in a generation key forward with a fair degree of X factor but alas no flag. Sydney are well into a $10 million investment of key forward X factor, no flag.

I guess the fact Boyd was highlighted is something, he has a flag but as it stands today, no more promise than Paddy, Battle or Marshall.

You also used the word "potential", fingers crossed we see him realise that. I am in no doubt Bailey Smith will. He could be the Chris Judd you (we) missed out on, we have missed again.

I like your belief in King and I hope his potential is realised. I like my belief in addressing list needs, 2018 showed we sorely lack midfield talent and a ruck. Max may help Marshall address the latter, allowing flexibility to our side.

To be honest, I've come to the realisation there's more to following St Kilda than getting excited over key forwards. Unless we address our midfield we will be the St Kilda Generals against many team's Harlem Globetrotting midfields. That said, I remain buoyant by our early picks going back to and including Billings, they just need exposure and perseverance.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 5:30pm Is this still bubbling along? FWIW I think I was the first to raise the possible meaning of the term, and the origin of that was not from the urban dictionary. Mods have made the decision re the term, imo correctly, so that should be that.
Just need to move on.
Appreciate that you raised it with the mods, and yes, the urban dictionary is not the only place one can find that obnoxious perverted phrase.

Agree with the rest of your post too. Move on nothing to see here .

Anyone trying to use that word in conjunction with other letters in an attempt to get around the ban, will be brought to the attention of the mods

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 5:12pm So we can't use the nickname 'Roo' anymore either then?
‘Banger’ seems a bit dodgy too in the new world order

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Harvey To Hayes wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 5:47pm
rodgerfox wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 5:12pm So we can't use the nickname 'Roo' anymore either then?
And then there's Plugger...

takeaway
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 5:38pm
takeaway wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 5:30pm Is this still bubbling along? FWIW I think I was the first to raise the possible meaning of the term, and the origin of that was not from the urban dictionary. Mods have made the decision re the term, imo correctly, so that should be that.
Just need to move on.
Appreciate that you raised it with the mods, and yes, the urban dictionary is not the only place one can find that obnoxious perverted phrase.

Anyone trying to use that word in conjunction with other letters in an attempt to get around the ban, will be brought to the attention of the mods
No, I didn't raise it with the mods - I think it was just picked up by the mods going through the increasing number of posts about it. Appropriate result anyway.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 6:01pm
saynta wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 5:38pm
Just need to move on.

No, I didn't raise it with the mods - I think it was just picked up by the mods going through the increasing number of posts about it. Appropriate result anyway.
Okay and yes it was an appropriate result,

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Not so. Named after Harvey Wall- Banger, a drink.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 6:04pm
So it was an abbreviation of a nickname?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 5:16pm
Myron Gaines wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 5:10pm Btw sayna, if it weren’t for you & Ted highlighting the urban dictionary reference then 99.9% would still be none the wiser. Have you considered that you have inexplicably shared that meaning & exposed sexually explicit material to possibly children on this site? I hope you have some shame & are remorseful for your actions. Please don’t pretend you are the victim in all this. If it were such an issue discreetly PM’ing Simon would’ve been far more appropriate.
I agree with you there and I immediately deleted the reference from that part of my post.. Others though, trying to be smartarses or attempting to get me banned, copied my post before I could delete it, and as far as I am aware didn't delete the copied post despite me asking for them to do so. I am not sure of this point, as I never returned to the thread.

I deeply regret offending anyone, apart from those using the term. They knew exactly what they were doing and refused to stop despite being asked to do so by other posters.

This, I hold a firm view on, but Again, I must agree with you. Referring the matter to Simon would have been a better option. He would have immediately put a stop to it, as he did a day or so later.
I Googled it again and still there is nothing even remotely offensive listed.

This just reeks of that awesome irony when someone that champions free speech to be a racist bigot - then get's all huffy when someone calls someone Cho as an abbreviation for Richo.

Seriously, what a dead set joke this topic is.

<RICHO is already an abbreviation. Warning issued: use of that term in relation to the coach is meant to be and is demeaning and therefore a breach of rules>
Last edited by rodgerfox on Sat 24 Nov 2018 6:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 6:04pm
Like Cho is short for Richo?

<warning issued: use of that term in relation to the coach is meant to be and is demeaning and therefore a breach of rules>

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Don't think you will get away with that my friend.

Anyway, you must be googling incorrectly . I am not going to enlighten you further. The topic needs to be closed.
Last edited by saynta on Sat 24 Nov 2018 6:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I'm going to do a Con Gorozidis and get a life ban.

This site is just one giant face palm.

Seriously, you should stop and have a think about how childish and pathetic you are being.
Last edited by rodgerfox on Sat 24 Nov 2018 6:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 6:28pm I'm going to do a Con Gorozidis and get a life ban.

This site is just on.giant face palm.

Seriously, you should stop and have a think about how childish and pathetic you are being.
If you say so.

takeaway
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 6:22pm

This just reeks of that awesome irony when someone that champions free speech to be a racist bigot - then get's all huffy when someone calls someone Cho as an abbreviation for Richo.

Seriously, what a dead set joke this topic is.
Yes, it is a bit of a joke when you can't find the reference, when it is the first listed. (The ...) I think you are having a lend. What's racist bigot got to do with anything? I agree SOME posters were not aware of the alternative meaning, but not all. Some people can't accept sensible decisions. End of.

chico2001
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 6:28pm I'm going to do a Con Gorozidis and get a life ban.

This site is just on.giant face palm.

Have to agree with you 100% rodge, this is real playground stuff. People who know nothing about football and deflect it by carrying on with this silly rubbish that is very divisive. It is only 2-3 posters and I am very surprised that the mod/s got sucked into this. I have noticed a few posters drop off and this why. For my part I hardly used the term and did think it was short for richo but that's not the point. The sqeaky wheel always gather attention. Nobody cares anyway apart from the fact that you have to put up with this crap everytime you come on here.

brewski
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 4:50pm
Myron Gaines wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 4:37pm
saynta wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 4:23pm
Myron Gaines wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 4:21pm The urban dictionary is not a reference for an abbreviation for Richo. I feel embarrassed for those that think otherwise. Simon, you have been played.
Don't think so.
You’ve successfully pushed this agenda. Well done. Truth be told, 99.9% of people had no idea about the urban dictionary reference to Cho. Now that’s undeniable. The fact that you’ve continuously pushed this agenda, & brought it to the attention of other forum users, which includes children, should ensure you receive a ban from this site IMHO. Same goes for Ted.
I have reported your op as a clear breach of BFUSA's rules.

Also, so is calling for someone to be banned.

Yes, my agenda as you correctly point out was to stop posters on here using a very perverted term to describe Richo.

If I have succeeded here, along with however reported the offensive posts to the mods, I feel entirely justified.

You trying to be, in my view, a smart arse as is your usual wont, shouldn't go down to well with those same mods.

I wasn't worried about the 99.9 %, only the .1 % who were well aware of what they were doing.
I dont give a flying f*ck about all this soft lefty PC sensitivity crap, this is a internet forum for people that are passionate about our club and those who are going to get there feelings hurt over every little thing shouldn't be on here
To the mods, this place will be damned if we ever get to the point where we need to check urban dictionary before we post anything here... so please think wisely before hitting the banned button on people... because after all urban dictionary is a site created by the people and anyone could easily put something on there like foe example adding the word saynta as a lewd sex act so every time they posted here they would be considered offensive.
we mostly are Aussies here and that's what we do ...we shorten everything so you may need to ban me too because i will refer to richo as cho and if that offends anyone go to bunnings and buy a bag of cement!

Banned by the censors
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

The hypocrisy is quite powerful with certain posters getting all upset about some (supposedly) insulting nickname for club employees yet happy to go along with other more blatantly insulting ones.

Though I suppose that kind of behaviour is quite popular with a certain section of society...

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

saynta wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 4:50pm

I have reported your op as a clear breach of BFUSA's rules.

Also, so is calling for someone to be banned.
but you never report anyone
never have
never will

Seeya
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

rodgerfox wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 6:22pm

Also, it doesn't come up when I google it.

Does google determine search results according to your previous search history and sites visited?
Maybe that's why the results show up for certain people and not others.....