Mitch Grigg

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbob
SS Life Member

Mitch Grigg

Unless I’ve missed something, surely Grigg gets another crack at AFL level.
25yo who has won consecutive Magarey Medals plus the Jack Oatey medal for BOG in the grand final.
Gets plenty of it and kicks goals which is something we’re sadly missing

I hope we’re talking to him

chico2001
Club Player

Re: Mitch Grigg

saintbob wrote: Tue 20 Nov 2018 9:58pm Unless I’ve missed something, surely Grigg gets another crack at AFL level.
25yo who has won consecutive Magarey Medals plus the Jack Oatey medal for BOG in the grand final.
Gets plenty of it and kicks goals which is something we’re sadly missing

I hope we’re talking to him
Might be another Jack steele type, have to have a look at him surely

Stian
Club Player

Certainly seems worth a serious look and deserves another opportunity. (He spent a long time at Adelaide for just a few games but perhaps he is just the type who needed consistent game time to develop - albeit at the State League level.)

The problem is that both Carlton and GC will get first choice at him because of that strange concession that they got over State League players. I'm not quite sure how that works. I assume that for us to get him he would have to nominate for the main draft or the rookie draft? Does anybody know if that's right?

outside66
Club Player

Stian wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 1:04pm Certainly seems worth a serious look and deserves another opportunity. (He spent a long time at Adelaide for just a few games but perhaps he is just the type who needed consistent game time to develop - albeit at the State League level.)

The problem is that both Carlton and GC will get first choice at him because of that strange concession that they got over State League players. I'm not quite sure how that works. I assume that for us to get him he would have to nominate for the main draft or the rookie draft? Does anybody know if that's right?
Carlton and GC have already used their rookie concessions so that won't have an impact. I'm pretty sure Grigg has opted for the draft where if drafted, he'd receive a guranteed two-year deal, whereas if he was picked up as a delisted rookie (under new rules which saw Mav get picked up) then he'd only be offered a one year deal.

Stian
Club Player

outside66 wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 2:42pm
Stian wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 1:04pm Certainly seems worth a serious look and deserves another opportunity. (He spent a long time at Adelaide for just a few games but perhaps he is just the type who needed consistent game time to develop - albeit at the State League level.)

Carlton and GC have already used their rookie concessions so that won't have an impact. I'm pretty sure Grigg has opted for the draft where if drafted, he'd receive a guranteed two-year deal, whereas if he was picked up as a delisted rookie (under new rules which saw Mav get picked up) then he'd only be offered a one year deal.
Good on you, thanks for that. :)

guitars4
Club Player

I don't know a lot about him but his SANFL form is obviously very good but if the Adelaide clubs don't rate him there has to be something :?

chico2001
Club Player

guitars4 wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 8:27pm I don't know a lot about him but his SANFL form is obviously very good but if the Adelaide clubs don't rate him there has to be something :?
A reasonable point but both have good midfields. I suspect he may be a tad slow but still good enough to crack it with a bottom 8 side where he could get some continuity and improve from there. Lets face it, the saints midfield is not the best going around. He may be another Mick barlow.

guitars4
Club Player

chico2001 wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 8:34pm
guitars4 wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 8:27pm I don't know a lot about him but his SANFL form is obviously very good but if the Adelaide clubs don't rate him there has to be something :?
A reasonable point but both have good midfields. I suspect he may be a tad slow but still good enough to crack it with a bottom 8 side where he could get some continuity and improve from there. Lets face it, the saints midfield is not the best going around. He may be another Mick barlow.
Thanks mate for the heads up .Didn't we have Mick Barlow training with us before he went to Freo & we didn't see his potential ? He was very good at Freo until he broke his leg so who knows if he could emulate Barlow's effort he might be worth a look :wink:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

guitars4 wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 8:43pm
chico2001 wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 8:34pm
Thanks mate for the heads up .Didn't we have Mick Barlow training with us before he went to Freo & we didn't see his potential ? He was very good at Freo until he broke his leg so who knows if he could emulate Barlow's effort he might be worth a look :wink:
Yes, we certainly did.