Is this our best 22.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint wagga
Club Player

Re: Is this our best 22.

saynta wrote: Sat 20 Oct 2018 5:31pm Dinny (whoever the f*** that is) thinks it is.

From AFL.com

"B: Jarryn Geary, Nathan Brown, Daniel McKenzie
HB: Dylan Roberton, Jake Carlisle, Jimmy Webster
C: Hunter Clark, Jack Steele, Dan Hannebery
HF: Blake Acres, Tim Membrey, Jack Billings
F: Jade Gresham, Josh Bruce, Jack Lonie
FOLL: Billy Longer, Seb Ross, Jack Steven
I/C: Ben Long, Paddy McCartin, Dean Kent, Shane Savage

The inclusion of Dan Hannebery sees Jack Newnes not in the team, although he'll have high expectations of improving on a disappointing 2018. There's a reasonable chance Josh Battle is picked, but Josh Bruce was selected because he can help out in the ruck. Nick Coffield will be very close as well. Some will want Logan Austin in over Nathan Brown, but the former Magpie has proven reliable in his two seasons at the Saints. Inside midfielders Luke Dunstan and David Armitage will find it tough to win berths as the club is well-stocked in that position, while Jack Sinclair and Rowan Marshall won't be too far away from the 22. - Dinny Navaratnam"
Replace Longer with Pierce and Bruce with Marshall, ditch savage from the bench and replace with pick 4 and I’d be happy with that! Don’t want to see Mccartin in the team until he knocks the door down in the 2’s. Has done nothing to earn a spot on the bench and his draft position means zero 5 years in...he gets picked on output alone!

Hoping Coffield comes on, he looked unfit and unable to keep up with afl pace but he’s a big unit for his age so hopefully his tank builds steadily!

Saint wagga
Club Player

Ps: I wouldn’t be surprised if poor old Steele gets converted from a good possession accumulating stopping mid to a defensive forward...where have I seen that before?

Saint wagga
Club Player

PPS: has Dinny ever seen Bruce ‘help’ in the ruck ffs! That is laughable! Bruce needs to earn his spot back from the 2’s for mine...missed a lot of footy!

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Saint wagga wrote: Tue 23 Oct 2018 9:20am PPS: has Dinny ever seen Bruce ‘help’ in the ruck ffs! That is laughable! Bruce needs to earn his spot back from the 2’s for mine...missed a lot of footy!
Bruce is possibly the worst 2nd ruck in the entire history of football. We literally give up 2-4 goals for the 7-10 mins he spends in there. Gilbert was at least effective in breaking even in ruck contests.

Go you red, black & white warriors